Kickstarters

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Amazing. I SHALL GET ALL THE THINGS. Really sad I missed out on the original KS, just didn't have the cash at the time.

I'm anxious for new stuff and picking up the bits I didn't get before. I'm actually holding off on any Black Friday shopping or plans till I know how much of a hit to the budget KD:M KS2 will be for us.

Fortunately I've already got the Core and half the expansions so shouldn't sting too bad.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
As much as I am hoping to pick up monster I also really hope they have an option for a box of all the pinups.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Went in for the Ancient Gold Lantern which is Core Game (1.5 version), new Gambler's Box (??), and all 12 existing expansions, for $750.

Then I just said fuck it, and changed it to the Satan's pack for literally ALL THE THINGS EVER. Might have a change of heart (Ancient Gold isn't quantity limited), I have 42 days to decide, but I dunno, given how the first one went, and the absurd value increase people saw, I'm having a hard time seeing how it wouldn't be a good investment, currently owning nothing. Even the $750 was worth it for what it gave, I think.

Vaclav

Welcome to the fold, brethren.

Silver Lantern for me it appears though. Alas - not a ton relevant to me being an existing owner.

Vaclav

And shame, missed Flower Knight, Tree, and Manhunter from finishing my set since they're sold out. Alas.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
The Ancient Gold thinger for 750 seems to say it includes all 12 previous expansions, and specifically names Flower Knight.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
It's a fun game but it's not 200 dollars fun.

That doesn't seem to be the majority opinion, luckily. And additionally, it seems to be the single best "board game" investment in history. Bonus!

Vaclav

The Ancient Gold thinger for 750 seems to say it includes all 12 previous expansions, and specifically names Flower Knight.

Yea, but for existing owners (I don't need another Core) it's the 50% sale through the webstore only a la carte - and those three are sold out (possibly others as well, but I already have them)

Hopefully he'll allow us to add stuff like FK onto the pledge manager at the end though. I don't mind waiting for a reprint or whatever, but would like to complete mine.

And Fyff: I could see a solid debate at $400 or maybe $300 - but at $200 the value is extremely hard to question.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
*shrug* I know very few people who own it and have completed the story. In fact, I know one person out of all of the people I know who own it who has completed it. He did it on TTS with people from around the world and his job is to play games.

Have you finished it Vaclav?

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I've never finished a single Elder Scrolls game, but I've bought and played them all and have never regretted them. Shrug.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
*shrug* I know very few people who own it and have completed the story. In fact, I know one person out of all of the people I know who own it who has completed it. He did it on TTS with people from around the world and his job is to play games.

The thing is if you want a copy you have to get it now. It's been sold out for months and months and its not getting cheaper.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
For those interested, Steam Forge did a play through of Dark Souls on their twitch channel.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sterling

El Presidente
I did support the Bard's Tale IV one awhile back. Only one I've ever done. Even it turns out to be shit, I don't really care, the first 3 were a big part of my early computer gaming experience as a younger person.

Vaclav

Core, yes, I've defeated The Watcher - alternate campaigns we've failed on thusfar however. (Sunstalker + Dragon King for the alt campaigns we own ATM)

And don't get me wrong, it's pricy there's no question about that, but it's also a magnum opus of the genre. I imagine some other creators will try to be as bold as Poots again in the future from time to time to create amazing products like KD:M in the future, but for now it's really a one of a kind thing.

Even in some weird stretch of the imagination that I stop playing it - it's still something I'd want to keep as an indicator of my board gaming passion anyhow. (Sorta like how Arkham Horror [original, not LCG] has become in my collection - I never play it after Eldritch Horror, but I won't sell it because it holds too many interesting memories/stories tied to this hobby)

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
I wonder how much KDM 1.5 would re-sell for on Ebay. That would be a lot of coin to drop for extra copies though.