Killers of the Flower Moon

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Is was a decent movie overall but honestly at least an hour and 1/2 longer than it had any reason to be. Scorsese is just sniffing his own farts for part of this.

Not good. Irishman part 2 with the bullshit run time. Thats two projects in a row he ruined.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The Irishman was a bad movie. This just seems like a "too long" movie

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
The Irishman was a bad movie. This just seems like a "too long" movie

Pretty much. I mean there was the underlying white man bad aspect, but really it was a decent drama that could of been edited better and not lost a single beat that moved the story forward.

Many scenes that were filmed just served as filler or dragged on for no good reason. It's not like a Jack Snyder film where they would he ripping out story. 2 hours and this movie really wouldn't of lost any plot.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
1h of Irishman was pure trash filler.

Especially anything with Pacino "dialogue".

I get he can't cut a Pacino scene without angering the guy but holy fucking shit.

Trash.

Szlia

Your compass must be pointing South considering Pacino's scene were the only good things in The Irishman.

About this Killers of the Flower Moon, I have been meaning to see it for the past week, but every time the length dissuades me.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Your compass must be pointing South considering Pacino's scene were the only good things in The Irishman.

About this Killers of the Flower Moon, I have been meaning to see it for the past week, but every time the length dissuades me.

Yeah let's get another scene of Pacino saying "cocksucker" or "little guy" until the audience is completely exhausted with it. Good things in the Irishman. How many times and different ways should he say it?

Anything Pacino did in the third half of the movie was just wasted screen time. We get it. The guy's a cocksucker and you're not going to meet the little guy. Now fuck off.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
3.5 hrs long? I'm going to watch it at home and treat it like a 3 night miniseries.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
3.5 hrs long? I'm going to watch it at home and treat it like a 3 night miniseries.

You'll probably enjoy it better as a 2 parter, which I think breaks out at about 2 hours and 90 minutes.

If you stop when Jessie Plemmons first shows up, its pretty much a perfect break between Act I and Act II, cause the movie is formatted much more like a stage play than a traditional movie.

Caliane

View attachment 495891

i am surprised theaters don't require intermissions for movies over 3 hours. that extra concession $ might make up some for the loss of another showing.
concessions versus less showtimes is an interesting question.

In general, I've not seem much talk about showtimes per day and 3 hour movies. You'd think people would discuss that.

Fadaar

That guy
tbh any time i watch a movie at home now i never make it through in one sitting. think Dune took like 3 nights before i finished it. makes it more enjoyable imo to treat longer movies as a miniseries.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I enjoyed this movie. It's good, like a solid 7/10.

It is better than Scorsese's other recent offering "The Irishman", but both movies are far too long and self-indulgent. Scorsese is a living legend at this point. He is too old and too well respected for anyone to tell him "no" and it is to his film's detriment.

• 1Like

Szlia

Finally went to see it. It surprisingly deserves its runtime because of the amount of material and it carries it well as the pace is brisk. Also, subject matter, story and performances are engrossing, which does not hurt. Another surprise is that it is very original in many ways. That being said, it is also a very dark and unsatisfying story, making in tough to leave the theater elated.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I've heard this happened to a lot of white people in the early days of oil exploration as well. Ironically, the Osage actually had an advantage because they were organized into a tribe where some other people who didn't have that level of support they just murdered them and took their land, Daniel Plainview style.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Shit I think I could have shaved 43 minutes of runtime but cutting the scenes of Leo giving the fat bitch insulin in 1/2.

Goatface

Vue has 226 locations in 8 european countries and taiwan

appears they mad about intermissions

Last edited:

spronk

FPS noob
out tomorrow on VOD/torrents, no date yet for Apple TV+ - probably january

• 1Picard

Fucker

Log Wizard
I enjoyed this movie. It's good, like a solid 7/10.

It is better than Scorsese's other recent offering "The Irishman", but both movies are far too long and self-indulgent. Scorsese is a living legend at this point. He is too old and too well respected for anyone to tell him "no" and it is to his film's detriment.
You are not wrong. Irishmen was trash. Trying to watch this thing now, but it sure is taking its time getting around to whatever the fuck this is about.