Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>

New DLC out, anyone going to try it? I enjoyed this game but hard to want to get into just more questing at this point after having played it.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I might play it, kind of curious to see what type of improvements they made to the core gameplay. It had all the pieces there for high-skill and semi-realistic melee combat, but the impact of the micro you could perform was absolutely overshadowed by the stat differential between you and your opponents.

When I wrapped up KCD before I really only wanted to come back when the gameplay was such that you had to be really good to beat even mediocre opponents.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
THQ Nordic has acquired Warhorse Studios

• 2WTF
Reactions: 1 users

Randin

Trakanon Raider
They're really pushing to become the European EA, aren't they? (In size and scope; hopefully not in driving their subordinate dev teams into the ground.)

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
So I saw this for 14.99 at Target for the PS4 and grabbed it. Now, I have a "better" computer then my ps4 pro. But my large 4k tv is much nicer then my 1080p monitor so i usually get games for the ps4 instead of PC since i bought the pro a few months ago.

Anyone thinking of grabbing this, espescially if you were gonna grab the console version like me. Well, These issue's often get mentioned about the game but it's really crazy just how prominent these issues are in a modern AAA game thats been out for a long time and i hope people understand that before purchasing because it really struck me just how prominent they are once i started playing.

1. It's terribly buggy. By far the buggiest game I've played this generation. All this time after release and it's still not uncommon for enemies to just sit around crouched in a bush for a few minutes while you pickpocket/slash them (But no stealth kills, GL pulling these moves off in general but they are even worse on the numerous buggy NPCs), they may eventually react and attack you in anytime from about 5seconds to several minutes.. Maybe a better example is the combat "training" thing with the captain. About half of the combat tutorial things i only completed when the game seemingly randomly decided i had done them, when i actually properly did the inputs it would often not recognize them.

2. The Console performance is just almost unimaginably bad for a big game like this. I've only played the PS pro version. If this was the generic ps4 original version it would be fine if a bit odd and unoptimized. But no this is the enhanced version I'm playing, the base ps4 has these issues but to an even greater degree.

Things like constant, often long loading, insanly crappy draw distance (ps pro supposedly had the best console version of this and it's still amazingly bad) that causes constant noticeable pop-in. Well, i don't think i could tolerate this on the base ps4 version as these are all shockingly big issues that would only somehow be even worse.

Overall i still find myself playing and enjoying the game, admittedly still early on about main level 6. So, If you like the idea of an old school RPG that can often look pretty, even on console, and has an engaging story. Despite It's very obvious defects Kingdom Come should ultimately be bearable and seems like a worthy buy at around the $10-25 imo. However if you have no special love/interest for old Computer RPGs i would say to avoid this as the buggyness/performance issues will likely be too much for most people.

• 1Like

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I finally got around to playing this game and after having just recently played The Outer Worlds it felt like a breath of fresh air after escaping a cramped, smelly room. Unlike in TOW I have no real complaints; there aren't any essential characters that I want to dump in a ditch somewhere, the world is beautiful, the NPC's feel like people, quests are memorable and the combat is engaging (if frustrating at times). I really enjoyed getting drunk with the priest and the various interactions with Capon and the lady of Talmberg for instance.

As for bugs, playing on the latest PC patch, I haven't noticed much after many hours of playtime and around 20 quests completed. I broke my legs once climbing the hillside to Rattay (the physics engine launched me backwards like the hillside drop kicked me lol) but it hasn't happened again. Also at the start of the horse race if you don't stand around and wait for 12 o'clock to tick over naturally from 11 then the quest fails but I haven't noticed anything else so far.

It has it's flaws but all in all it's a very fun, memorable game and one of the best RPG's I've played in many years. I don't even mind the repetitive travel too much, sometimes it's even enjoyable just riding around the countryside and watching the scenery pass by on occasion.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Do game developers not realize how irritating it is that when you fail simple speech checks you get punished with "reputation lost"?

Or is that just me? I could understand if you used a threatening or insulting speech option you get penalized, but this game constantly punishes you for talking.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I broke down and installed Epic Games Store since this is currently free.

Interesting so far, but I only just made it to the town after you escape on your horse from the prologue.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This game is actually incredible "if you let it". What I mean by that is if you start comparing if to other titles, or going in with super high expectations, it's not a memorable game.

But if you just kind of take it for what it's worth and actually try playing it earnestly, it's actually an above average RPG and the combat is engaging if difficult at times.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
All I really remember about it was how riddled with bugs it was. Did it ever get fixed or mostly fixed?

Kanglor

Silver Knight of the Realm
Yeah, I just recently replayed it and didn't have any real issues on my old ass system. I consider it a flawed gem, along the lines of Bloodlines, Witcher 1, etc. The level of detail and realism in the world is top notch, it might be the most immersive RPG I've played. I think being their first game as a studio, they were overly ambitious which probably accounts for it being way less polished than it should have been.

• 1Like

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I was going to buy this back in the day until I watched someone play it and heard that the main character both looks and sounds like he was lifted from a UK council flat as a NEET and planted into 15th century Bohemia.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I was going to buy this back in the day until I watched someone play it and heard that the main character both looks and sounds like he was lifted from a UK council flat as a NEET and planted into 15th century Bohemia.
You start off as kind of a NEET I guess (more of a blacksmith's appprecentice that is marginal at basically everything) and end the game as a God of Destruction who is famed across the land.