Kingdom Hearts III

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Kinda surprised with the length of time the game took that they didn't do something from Moana, Cars, Inside Out (seems like it'd be very KH compatible) or Finding Nemo.

the GF and i realized today, and were surprised when we thought of it, that they've never done any Pochahontas stuff. that would fit well too.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
This is Square we're talking about here, most of the game is going to be DLC from now till 2025.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Kinda surprised with the length of time the game took that they didn't do something from Moana, Cars, Inside Out (seems like it'd be very KH compatible) or Finding Nemo.

What we got from the PoTC I'm very happy they didn't add a Nemo/Mermaid(again) ... the water fighting is still horrendous at least in 2 they made it to were it was optional,(unless you were going for the Plat, but that was a pretty short world over all)

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Underwater fighting wasn't awful, but the lack of attractions or any other moves underwater definitely sucked which would address the time underwater fighting takes. At least it was a fairly minor section of the game.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
I didn't mind the underwater fighting at all, might've been the keyblade but it fired 3 missiles that pretty much blew shit up. I hated underwater because the 'swim faster' button always tried to skyrocket me to the surface instead of just going forward.

spronk

FPS noob
Got the platinum today, took about 60 hours for me to play through the game (doing all collectibles along the way) and then an additional 20-25 hours or so to actually do all the farming/leveling/etc to get all the trophies.

Ultimately its not a very great game, unless I guess you are a huge KH fan. Its the only KH game I have ever played so I have no super vested interest in the story/chars. All the Disney worlds are completely stand alone, they don't tie into the story really in any meaningful way. All the KH story stuff is full on weaboo and I didn't really understand or care about any of it.

The combat was frustrating in hard, and trivial in easy which I dropped to after dying way too many times to shit that felt completely out of my control. I mostly only played the story when kids were around and most of them loved all the Disney stuff. Still, all the Disney worlds are just "ok" I'd say, you keep thinking of ways they could have been better and none of them felt super immersive and magical, just ... acceptable. The thing I enjoyed most was all the grindy shit, and it gets pretty goddamn insane grind wise at the end, but it was mindless MMO style grinding and I don't have much of a chance to do that anymore.

8it0hSKh.jpg

• 1Like

bigmark268

Vyemm Raider
Finally sat down to play it. Oh man more convoluted ff13 junk story elements. I only played kh1 and kh2. Not all 45 other random system games with decimal points in the titles. But overall the story isn't in the slightest engaging or enjoyable. I'm kind of just playing it cause my son loves watching the Disney chars.

• 1Like

Rude

Potato del Grande
Finally sat down to play it. Oh man more convoluted ff13 junk story elements. I only played kh1 and kh2. Not all 45 other random system games with decimal points in the titles. But overall the story isn't in the slightest engaging or enjoyable. I'm kind of just playing it cause my son loves watching the Disney chars.
That's Nomura's handiwork. I'm sure if that final fantasy 7 remake is still a thing he's going to make sure it ends up as a heaping pile of shit also.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
That's Nomura's handiwork. I'm sure if that final fantasy 7 remake is still a thing he's going to make sure it ends up as a heaping pile of shit also.

Yep, I have no idea why they keep putting him in charge of shit. I guess his stuff sells well, but that likely mainly because Square Enix has so greatly reduced their AAA output that starving fans will buy anything with a Final Fantasy or Kingdom Hearts tag on it.

• 1Like

Angerz

Trakanon Raider

If you've only played 1 and 2, the story is definitely gonna be extra convoluted. The dumbest part of the naming conventions in the KH series isnt the stupid names, its that they have a 1 and 2 and 3, instead of each game having a unique name. There are no "side games" and 3 proved that. Every game is story critical to some extent to 3, which is why there is that video primer on the disk.

I played through all 140 or so hours of 1.5+2.5 final mix and 2.8 final chapter prologue before hand and I thought the game was pretty good. Problem is, I would say it's a bad game for anyone who isnt super invested into KH and a really good game KH game if you're a person looking to wrap up the stories of Birth by Sleep, Chain of Memories and 358/2 days, plus 1 and 2.

The secret ending seed for the next game seems to indicate a more square/final fantasy vibe for the series' worlds going forward, instead of Disney. (Or any DLC)