Kingdom Hearts III

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Holy shit you weren't kidding...

That might my single biggest pet peeve with games. That and slow menus (like if it has an animation or just not very smooth) and japanese games are always the worst offenders (the dialogue not the menus, although MHW had horrible menu design). It's gotta be some localization shit going.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I love it when these games try to be so serious and then fucking Donald just makes any kind of noise and it ruins any type of moment they were trying to have. Dialog still cheesy as fuck but the gameplay is still super fun. Really wish they hadn’t fucked around with the gummy ship stuff though. First KH’s gummy ship shit was perfectly fine and 2 and now 3 just made it fucking annoying.

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
That might my single biggest pet peeve with games. That and slow menus (like if it has an animation or just not very smooth) and japanese games are always the worst offenders (the dialogue not the menus, although MHW had horrible menu design). It's gotta be some localization shit going.

I found KH to have nice and fast menus. Is KH3 slow? I didn't get it yet.

Willy T

Trakanon Raider
I don't think this video could have captured how I feel about the game any better.

• 8Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 9 users

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Maybe I'm missing the menus thing. Haven't noticed it feeling slow for the 10 hours or so I've played. Using a PS4 pro so maybe there is a difference there? I hadn't checked the differences between the regular PS4 and the pro.

You really just have to go into the game knowing its going to be ridiculous, but complex. If you've ever watched any anime (which I typically cringe at most anime) then this shit isn't any different except its a kid friendly anime.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
I wish this game had come out like 10 years ago. I loved the fuck out of 1 and 2 but they took so long with this one that I can't muster a single fuck about it. :(

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
I love it when these games try to be so serious and then fucking Donald just makes any kind of noise and it ruins any type of moment they were trying to have. Dialog still cheesy as fuck but the gameplay is still super fun. Really wish they hadn’t fucked around with the gummy ship stuff though. First KH’s gummy ship shit was perfectly fine and 2 and now 3 just made it fucking annoying.

I'm kind of the other way around. I wasn't a huge fan of KH1's gummi ship, but loved 2 and so far love 3's. Only done some space travel between olympus and the first city but had fun mowing shit down

• 1Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Dialogue is whatever, the music and fighting are spectacular
The word you are looking for is “atrocious”, not whatever.

But add setting to your list of what’s good, it’s fun to fight your way through Disney movies

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
yeah i'm really glad I jumped in, i'm really enjoying the disney stuff and give zero fucks about any of this key master shit

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Installed but didn’t have a chance to play yet. First time in KH series. I’m sure I will like the worlds.

Fippy Darkpaw

Molten Core Raider
I'm only 2 hours in, so maybe I haven't gotten to the meaty stuff yet, but it feels like combat is half on rails with the number of super attacks and abilities the game throws out for you to use. I spent 75% of the time on my first boss literally on rails, doing nothing but holding down the trigger and moving the camera. Seeing and using the attractions was neat the first time or two, but now its just a lame way to remove a group of enemies.

Juvarisx

Florida
I'm only 2 hours in, so maybe I haven't gotten to the meaty stuff yet, but it feels like combat is half on rails with the number of super attacks and abilities the game throws out for you to use. I spent 75% of the time on my first boss literally on rails, doing nothing but holding down the trigger and moving the camera. Seeing and using the attractions was neat the first time or two, but now its just a lame way to remove a group of enemies.

These games typically hold your hand for awhile, it opens up.

I'll post a late game boss fight in a spoiler so you can see how much it opens up if you are curious. Doesn't impact story any

Delly

Trakanon Raider
KH3 combat is way easier than 1 and 2. Especially with like the reaction commands they give you. If you want somewhat of a challenge you should play on Proud mode but even then a lot of it will be easy. The combat is still a ton of fun 15 hours in.

All the side goodies are really great. They really did a good job of taking the good stuff and expanding on it and then adding in new ideas that are just good.

Edit: So the game has typically had a way of doing Disney related stuff in one scene and then KH story stuff in another, but KH3 has a ton of moments that mix both together. One of the scenes was the Let It Go song from Frozen where its fairly similar to the movie but Sora, Donald, and Goofy are in parts. That is just one example that make this game great and one of my favorite things from the game.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
KH3 combat is way easier than 1 and 2. Especially with like the reaction commands they give you. If you want somewhat of a challenge you should play on Proud mode but even then a lot of it will be easy. The combat is still a ton of fun 15 hours in.

All the side goodies are really great. They really did a good job of taking the good stuff and expanding on it and then adding in new ideas that are just good.

Edit: So the game has typically had a way of doing Disney related stuff in one scene and then KH story stuff in another, but KH3 has a ton of moments that mix both together. One of the scenes was the Let It Go song from Frozen where its fairly similar to the movie but Sora, Donald, and Goofy are in parts. That is just one example that make this game great and one of my favorite things from the game.
No doubt, the Disney content meshed into an RPG is what makes the game. If you take out all of the Disney stuff and replace it with just Square characters (or new ones) and it would be at best a mediocre game

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
And done, with story and that video they added today was interesting ...

Seems that Nomura is still pissed at SE for trashing XIII VS

Also if your not paying at least some attention to the story, you are gonna be lost when you start ramping up towards the end... at least they put in the ability to replay worlds.. but were's my Critical mode =/ way too easy even on Proud.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm torn after finishing it today. I enjoyed a good deal of the game, but felt like not enough worlds? They are pretty big comparative to KH1/2 but reaching the final boss in the 40's (proud mode) I was thinking I was only halfway through the game and I'd still need to revisit the worlds/more coming up.

Combat was good, albeit the ridiculous amount of triangle popups made things irritating. Tried out all the link's and it seemed to me only Simba's was worth a damn, the rest were awkward and not effective.

Frozen - great, fuck building the snowman
PotC - letdown
Toystory - great
Big hero 6 - never saw the movie, curious now to see what it's about
Monsters inc - awesome

Biggest gripe is that I think the game is more cutscene/video watching than it is actually playing. Would have liked to see less of that and more worlds to explore

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Biggest gripe is that I think the game is more cutscene/video watching than it is actually playing. Would have liked to see less of that and more worlds to explore

Agree for the most part that that it felt short. Even one more world, maybe not apart of Disney would have been nice. Though time wise the game was on par with the others.

As for the cutscenes, there was points that I felt like there was a lot, but I really think it was fan service to all the people who spent 20+ hours outside of the main games to figure out the backstory. There were a lot of goodies packed into almost every scene.

As for the ending,

I don't know why I thought they would wrap the series up completely but of course they leave a bunch of breadcrumbs leading to another game or another series completely.

As far as what happened in KH3, I wish they covered what Luxu's role was and why he had to change forms to become Xigbar, what was in the box, why there are so many keyblades with eyes in them, where Ava is, and why it looks like Malelificent was helping Luxu find the black box (unless maybe they just got there too late?). Plus anything relating to MoM but it looks like he was in the new looking game along with Sora and Riku.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Might be because this is my first KH game but I absolutely love this. The game play variety is so awesome and the worlds are so well done so far. (At toy story now). Absolutely loving this. Only reason why I’m not playing for the next three hours is he super bowl but after that it’s game on again lol.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
You'll likely love the 1st & 2nd, if not the other spinoffs/portables too. The only thing 3 didn't have some variant of (that I can think of) is a reason to backtrack / skill unlocking world events. I don't recall there being a single place in any world where you can't go through all of it while you are there, with the exception being returning to the same level right after finishing (Olympus is no longer on fire, as an example, so you can talk to people and such).

Kinda surprised with the length of time the game took that they didn't do something from Moana, Cars, Inside Out (seems like it'd be very KH compatible) or Finding Nemo.

• 1Like