Kingdom Hearts III

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Just to reiterate, the videos that I linked are cutscenes from the games, no overviews or anything like that. I don't think anyone could watch one video or read one article and have a full understanding of it.

I agree the story could be explained so much easier, but damn does it feel good to know wtf is going on.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
How long are the first 2 games? Was thinking about buying the all in one package on ps4 but if they are like 60 hours long then I'll just watch a video on the stories.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
How long are the first 2 games? Was thinking about buying the all in one package on ps4 but if they are like 60 hours long then I'll just watch a video on the stories.

20-30 hours each unless you're trying to 100%. Could be a little less if you're playing on an easy difficulty and rush the story.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
So many streamers jumping on the KH bandwagon in preparation now. Seeing the story again makes me realize how little sense it makes.

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Whoever wrote this shit needs to be blacklisted from ever writing anything again.

Hell, that's Tetsuya Nomura, and he's been promoted to lead developer on SQueenix's biggest titles.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>

I watched this one over the weekend to recap (have already played the series). It's a mess but this does a "decent" job at getting you up to speed on the story only/plot

• 1Like

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
This gonna be a interesting weekend ... just got email both KH3 and REmake2 will be here tormorrow ... rofl

• 1Like

Brikker

Trump's Staff
So I dont think I've ever played this series. How weeaboo is it? I dont like anime shit. My wife doesn't like video games but loves Disney, would she like watching?

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
So I dont think I've ever played this series. How weeaboo is it? I dont like anime shit. My wife doesn't like video games but loves Disney, would she like watching?

It's pretty weeb-y but Disney enough that your wife's enjoyment might make up for it. Way more Disney than weeb.

• 1Like

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
KHIII JP funny listening too my niece sing Snowman/Let it go(? I think that's the name of the songs) when it's only the backing track you hear. The new Gummi ship stuff is really good also.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
btw if you play ~2 hours of the mobile game you will get a code for a key thingie for KH3 on ps4 or xb1. not sure if there is a way to hack it or whatever, i played a little bit every day for 4 days and got it might be a great thing to assign to the kids

• 1Like

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
So streamers have been all over this for the last 10 hours. Seems more of the same but crisper. Story is still a mess.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
So streamers have been all over this for the last 10 hours. Seems more of the same but crisper. Story is still a mess.

Its not a mess if you took the time to figure shit out in the first place. Sure they do introduce semi new plot points but if there were no mystery at all then whats the point?

And the game is fantastic, better combat than all the rest. It is a bit of the same but there is some new things added, plus things from other games that are added into this one. I'm doing my best to avoid spoilers while I play it myself. Hopefully will have it beaten by the weekend but we'll see.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Playing this reminds me how fucking awful the dialogue is in these games. It doesn’t flow at all, one line followed by 2-3 seconds of silence and camera panning, then another line and repeat.

• 1Like

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Playing this reminds me how fucking awful the dialogue is in these games. It doesn’t flow at all, one line followed by 2-3 seconds of silence and camera panning, then another line and repeat.

Holy shit you weren't kidding...

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
bought the deluxe edition and installed, really like how the day 0 patch is only like 100 mb or whatever. There is 5 videos in the title menu, "Memory Archive", that shows you the history of Kingdom Hearts. I feel like a true weeaboo after watching them and I am ready to play my first KH.

(I honestly have no fucking idea whats going on, they throw like 200 names at you)

• 1Worf