Kingdom of Heaven (2005)

Butthurt

<Nazi Janitors>
4.67 star(s) Rating: 4.67/5 3 Votes
Title: Kingdom of Heaven (2005)

Tagline: Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Safeguard the helpless, and do no wrong

Genre: Drama, Action, Adventure, History, War

Director: Ridley Scott

Cast: Orlando Bloom, Eva Green, Jeremy Irons, Marton Csokas, Brendan Gleeson, Liam Neeson, Edward Norton, Michael Sheen, Ghassan Massoud, Velibor Topic, Alexander Siddig, Khaled El Nabawy, Kevin McKidd, David Thewlis, Martin Hancock, Nathalie Cox, Giannina Facio, Michael Shaeffer, Ulrich Thomsen, Angus Wright, Philip Glenister, Bronson Webb, Iain Glen, Bill Paterson, Robert Pugh, Peter Copley, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau

Release: 2005-05-03

Runtime: 144

Plot: After his wife dies, a blacksmith named Balian is thrust into royalty, political intrigue and bloody holy wars during the Crusades.

Butthurt

<Nazi Janitors>
3fQJxq26GU9a4dCQywZ6r8vgYKS.jpg

Title: Kingdom of Heaven

Tagline: Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Safeguard the helpless, and do no wrong

Genre: Drama, Action, Adventure, History, War

Director: Ridley Scott

Cast: Orlando Bloom, Eva Green, Jeremy Irons, Marton Csokas, Brendan Gleeson, Liam Neeson, Edward Norton, Michael Sheen, Ghassan Massoud, Velibor Topic, Alexander Siddig, Khaled El Nabawy, Kevin McKidd, David Thewlis, Martin Hancock, Nathalie Cox, Giannina Facio, Michael Shaeffer, Ulrich Thomsen, Angus Wright, Philip Glenister, Bronson Webb, Iain Glen, Bill Paterson, Robert Pugh, Peter Copley, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau

Release: 2005-05-03

Runtime: 144

Plot: After his wife dies, a blacksmith named Balian is thrust into royalty, political intrigue and bloody holy wars during the Crusades.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Butthurt

<Nazi Janitors>
Everything about this movie was bad, and then Ridley Scott totally redeemed it in the director’s cut.

• 7Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Everything about this movie was bad, and then Ridley Scott totally redeemed it in the director’s cut.

See I only ever remember enjoying this movie, so I wonder if I've never seen the theatrical cut or if I just like swords too much.

*edit*

Just read some of the director's cut changes and was like wuuuut. So I just like swords too much.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I fell asleep 2 times before I finished watching this movie. Lol
And I only remember the last scene when they surrender to Saladin

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
What are some of the differences?

I only read a bit before I closed it to stop spoiling myself, but there's a better explanation as to why Balian murders the priest at the beginning, and a MUCH better explanation for why Sibylla goes along with Guy's plan to provoke the Muslims.

Campbell1oo4

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

I can heartily back up this. I watched the original when I was a teenager and hated it. Then I watched the director's cut last year and loved it.

One of the biggest thing is they flesh out the Queen/Princess character, and explain why she makes the decisions that she did. They also flesh out Orlando Bloom's character. Both tweaks really change the story. I believe it's because they entrench you further with the characters.

• 1Solidarity

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not sure if I've ever seen the original. The version I have is split in two parts, with an intermission where they play some classical music.

So many excellent scenes in the movie.

• 1Like

Butthurt

<Nazi Janitors>
Not sure if I've ever seen the original. The version I have is split in two parts, with an intermission where they play some classical music.

So many excellent scenes in the movie.
Thats definitely the directors cut.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I don’t remember anything about the movie except the guy in the mask. I saw it in theaters. Guess I’ll have to check out the directors cut.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I liked the original back in the day, I'll have to give the directors cut a look. Is it on streaming services?

SDsurfer

Trakanon Raider
I liked the original. Never seen the director's cut. Is it streaming on a known platform other than piratebay?

rad

Lord of Guk
Love this movie in all forms!

nothing1.gif

nothing2.gif

nothing3.gif

• 1Like

Butthurt

<Nazi Janitors>

This exchange might be my favorite in the movie. Saladin steals the scene every time.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database