Kings and Heroes

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Rhuma_sl

shitlord
The combat reminds me of skyrim, a lot.

Seems like a really fun game and its only limitations are how much time the devs can put into the fight mechanics.

I could see the game either being really fucking hard and unforgiving or really easy due to the one and done philosophy of the Dungeon crawls.

I predict you'll eventually get a few attempts per player.

Felmega_sl

shitlord
The patches did alleviate the rubber-banding and I was able to do a two dungeons. The mobs hit incredible hard. I died on the second encounter both times. I had a mage with me who also died. Difficulty is hilarious.

Also, where are the outside mobs? I just want to hit stuff with my sword.

Dartoxer_sl

shitlord
Turns out the poor performance was caused by the world creatures' AI. So the devs turned them off while they work on it.

I also did a few dungeon runs last night + earlier today. Everything was fine and dandy until I reached a large room in a crypt dungeon where this one mob basically one-shot me (I was on easy difficulty). Another thing that really bugs me is when these rogue/assassin type mobs basically appear out of thin air and instantly stun you. I have nothing against mobs that can stealth, but at least give us some time to react. Other than that, dungeons can be pretty fun. Especially when you're with a group.

Once they hammer out all the remaining bugs, glitches and optimization releated issues, this will be a very solid game IMO.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Most complaints sound pretty fixable with a little tuning. This might be the first mmo I buy in recent memory. Still going to wait a week or two because I'm a natural skeptic
biggrin.png
Also it will give them time to fix the most egregious stuff.

Laerazi_sl

shitlord
Dartoxer_sl said:
I also did a few dungeon runs last night + earlier today. Everything was fine and dandy until I reached a large room in a crypt dungeon where this one mob basically one-shot me (I was on easy difficulty).
Yeah, I logged in late last night and wanted to just give it a quick try so I did a "small", "easy" dungeon. Took about 10m to get to a boss room with a big troll in it. I was playing a mage so I tried distancing myself; got him to 3/4 health before he got in range and destroyed me in a single blow.

The game definitely shows some promise.. My first mob drop was a purple tier mage orb which, playing as a level 1 mage, was a pretty significant upgrade. I had the first two pages of my inventory filled up by the time I got to the end (~50 items or something) and I guess you can scrap items you don't need for something?

Gotta say I'm really enjoying the art style of this game, despite the lag. They've got some AAA modelers and environment artists for what seems like a no-name studio (I'm assuming.. not sure what they've made before this).

Sorce

Molten Core Raider
You get to salvage the items you loot for crafting material. However, be warned that your inventory fills up fast and unfortunately there is no way to sort anything right now. You will end up with several items throughout your 5 bags. Also, no one has found a way to actually use the health potions yet, which is a bummer for the classes that can't heal themselves. As for the dungeons, I have ran 3 now, all on small/easy and the first two were a breeze. The mobs didn't hit too hard, and as a ranger I could kill one or two before they got to me if it was a pack pull. The third dungeon was the first time I have died in the dungeons after opening the first door I saw and having 6 or 7 bandit guys swarm me. Even then I was able to drop all but one before croaking.

All in all it seems like they are paying enough attention to the players and will be adding the QOL improvements soon enough. My only real gripe is the controls reset every time you "zone". If you get booted, enter a dungeon, exit a dungeon, switch characters, etc you have to customize the controls to your liking again. Having said that, it's easy enough to adapt to default until they give us an .ini client side.

Loco_sl

shitlord
Was in a group with a leader who queued us back to back to back. Wiped every dungeon. It was kind of refreshing in a way. Fast paced dungeons and no hand holding.

If it weren't for the graphics bugs, it will be a pretty decent game. I'm actually surprised at the quality of some things (like character creation) and the immersion of first person is great.

P.S. Turning down Post Processing really helps some people.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
So is this a buy, or wait?

For you people playing let's hear some more about it. Game world size, longevity, how much to explore, loot, etc...

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
If it has decent crafting or whatever/dungeons/etc I'll pick it up earlier than I intended.

Composter

Golden Knight of the Realm
How do you get out of a dungeon after you complete it? Rangers are awesome. Soloing bosses reminds me of kiting in EQ. Oh, and some of the pathing is lolbad, so ranged feels a bit OP. Well, more than a bit OP if you are in Caverns.

They do need to tone down the loot, though.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Played for an hour last night. Not sure if my Proc is out of date finally. (i7 3770) or my video card (980gtx), Resolution 4K. Or just being horribly optimized. But the visual lag is horrible in the starting zone for me. So much so I couldn't play.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Played for an hour last night. Not sure if my Proc is out of date finally. (i7 3770) or my video card (980gtx), Resolution 4K. Or just being horribly optimized. But the visual lag is horrible in the starting zone for me. So much so I couldn't play.
I think it's optimization, I've been watching a lot of videos on the game and it seems everyone is having that issue.

Composter

Golden Knight of the Realm
I turned down resolution and graphics quality to high (any lower and it gets too dark to play). It just looks like I am playing without my glasses, and the responsiveness is fine.

Maric

N00b
I bought day one and have been enjoying it. Personally have had zero issues other than a couple drops prior to joining a party. Remains to be seen if the random dungeons/events stay dynamic enough to keep the game feeling fresh.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
It's steam, so you can (if I remember right) get a refund within 2 weeks if you played less than two hour.

If you played more than 2, you're SOL.