King's Bounty II

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Looks like 1C is finally releasing a sequel to the King's Bounty series. This one was one of my favorite tactical turn based RPG series, even if it did get a bit repetitive by the third installment. Not much gameplay in the trailer but looking forward to this one

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Make It Rain Reaction GIF

Looking forward to this. What’s the gold date? Summer I hope. Kids can drown in the pool and I’ll level up some while they do. Sweeet.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Got the originals on some sort of steam sale. Otherwise would never have tried it, didn't look like my type of game. But ended up playing them more than I want to admit.

Something addictive about the first games, hopefully they can capture that again.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, I played the shit out of these surprisingly. Prolly 100% the first two with all classes and then only beat the 3rd once.

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
Love this series (I think Legend was the worst of them but still playable). Looking forward to more.

I will say that I'm getting some Disciples III vibes from how different the gameplay looks here, and I don't mean that in a good way.

Last edited:

velk

Trakanon Raider
That's quite an ambitious departure from the previous ones. Has good potential, but what is this xbone only release business ?

Caliane

gameplay looks different? Art style change is odd imho. this does look super bland. although that cartoony warcraft 3/wow/etc look has now been reused so often, its also cliche... but I'd still prefer it here.

3rd person over the shoulder exploration. ok, thats odd.

units do not display counts. is that because counts are now capped at like 8? and you can just count how many are in a grid?

Rime

<Donor>
I put way too many hours into all of the King's Bounty games. It scratches an itch that the old Might and Magic always tickled, only without the need for the town mini-game.

I am not, at all, excited for this.

The change to the art style/graphic style is hugely jarring. The gameplay (what limited has been shown) looks like a step back.

I just want to roam around a map, gathering an army, finding neat loot, and murder balling everything that moves in a TBS.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
I put way too many hours into all of the King's Bounty games. It scratches an itch that the old Might and Magic always tickled, only without the need for the town mini-game.

I am not, at all, excited for this.

The change to the art style/graphic style is hugely jarring. The gameplay (what limited has been shown) looks like a step back.

I just want to roam around a map, gathering an army, finding neat loot, and murder balling everything that moves in a TBS.
Don’t forget tapping D like a maniac while you roam. Who doesn’t go around digging each step they take? FOR TREASURE!!

• 1Truth!

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
That's quite an ambitious departure from the previous ones. Has good potential, but what is this xbone only release business ?
Are there any xbone exclusives? I don’t have one but it seems like they’re almost always simultaneous PC release.

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
Man this E3 interview with one of the devs is painful to watch, dude has 0 energy about the project.

Disciples: Liberation looks more like a Kings Bounty 2.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
WTF is that third person shit doing in a King's Bounty game??

Not too excited about this despite playing the others a ton.

What I really want is a fucking Warlords sequel/remake. Those games were far superior to KB, in my opinion. Well, I and II were, can't really remember III or IV, which doesn't bode well.

• 1Truth!

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
WTF is that third person shit doing in a King's Bounty game??

Not too excited about this despite playing the others a ton.

What I really want is a fucking Warlords sequel/remake. Those games were far superior to KB, in my opinion. Well, I and II were, can't really remember III or IV, which doesn't bode well.
I remember playing Warlords 3 a lot. That game was the tits. As I recall my main strat was to just funnel all the troops I could from the other cities to like a couple at the very front and leapfrog

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rime

<Donor>
This game is an absolute buggy dumpster fire. It is a waste of money and if not for the fact that it bugged out and kept running in the background when I closed it, I would have a refund on it.

Maybe it will get better with a patch, but it feels nothing like a King's Bounty game and is like an even shittier rip-off of a bad HoMM game.

The UI/Menu system is designed for consoles, not the PC.

You cannot (currently at least) skip ANY animations and there are plenty of them in every combat. While it is neat the first dozen times you see a group of archers fire, but I do not need or want to watch them do it every single time.

The movement around the map is slow as molasses, with no option to run - but there is an option to RP-walk, if you want to go even slower.

Console port trash that could be saved later by a bunch of patches, but for now, certainly not worth $50.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users