Kitchen Nightmares

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
The UK version I think was a lot better, it's not edited so you get to hear Gordon in all his glory which is pretty goddamn funny at times. This episode with Amy and Samy may be the greatest one he's ever done just because of how fucked up they are but there is an episode from season 1 or 2 of the UK series where it was 2 kids who had no fucking idea what they were doing. He blindfolded them then gave them different proteins and asked them to name them as they tasted them, think they got them all wrong. Was just amazing.
That was the very first episode in the UK I think, it was crazy. That kid had scammed his way into the job and made the owner think he was some kind of executive chef, he couldn't even cook the simplest thing that Gordon asked him to. Then he did the taste test thing and it was awful, they got nothing right.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
The UK version I think was a lot better, it's not edited so you get to hear Gordon in all his glory which is pretty goddamn funny at times. This episode with Amy and Samy may be the greatest one he's ever done just because of how fucked up they are but there is an episode from season 1 or 2 of the UK series where it was 2 kids who had no fucking idea what they were doing. He blindfolded them then gave them different proteins and asked them to name them as they tasted them, think they got them all wrong. Was just amazing.
he can't do the same shit anymore. it was amazing because the whole thing was raw and ran under the highlight. US version runswiththe highlight and publicity. Ramsay is too busy and too fucking old. He won't give the same attention that he used to give with UK restaurants. He can just rely on his production crew to come up with menu and shit (remodel), and follow a standard procedure that gets the result for the show--not the restaurant.

US is more like a cash cow to him than anything. He did another production in UK with British prisoners and that was really, really raw and more down the earth.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I watched an episode of, I think, The F Word, and it was pretty cool. I remember him doing a wine taste test with some master sommelier or something, with super expensive bottles of wine. Dude crashed pretty hard.

He also did something where he raised some pigs and his family got all attached to them, then he took them to slaughter. Was interesting, but I only ever saw the one.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
That was the very first episode in the UK I think, it was crazy. That kid had scammed his way into the job and made the owner think he was some kind of executive chef, he couldn't even cook the simplest thing that Gordon asked him to. Then he did the taste test thing and it was awful, they got nothing right.
I remember this - the "executive chef" couldn't tell the difference between pork and beef. Unreal.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The F word is a great show, i had to stop watching it because my willpower wasnt up to the task and i always broke down and started eating something during it.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Found it. 1 minute in for this one. Guess he wasn't a sommelier though. Unless there are more of these, and that wasn't what I watched.

Also a 2nd one, with some other dude.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
anyone ever ate at one of gordon's restaurants? We're(wife) friends with a couple and that wife shares almost the same birthday as my wife so one of these birthdays we decided to goto gordons in ny. Now the four of us are minor foodies, and we've been around the block, and watched hell's kitchen/kitchen nitemares for years. The food was... ok, i think it was 150 a head for the tasting menu? and everything was like a 6 out of 10, maybe one dish got a 7... I mean compared to the year before that for their birthdays (it's a couples thing, and heck makes life easy when deciding what to do for a wifes birthday!) we went to morimoto's in philly (for those that know, the real iron chef) everything there started at 8 out of 10 and only went up from there. Actually at the nyc place (the london) we got a kitchen tour and the sous chef said that gordon only comes in once a year. I'd understand if this was like a kansas location, but it's the nyc location...

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Why does location matter? He owns them and has dozens of other projects going as well. It's like this will all big name chef restaurants.

Illuziun

Bronze Knight of the Realm
anyone ever ate at one of gordon's restaurants? We're(wife) friends with a couple and that wife shares almost the same birthday as my wife so one of these birthdays we decided to goto gordons in ny. Now the four of us are minor foodies, and we've been around the block, and watched hell's kitchen/kitchen nitemares for years. The food was... ok, i think it was 150 a head for the tasting menu? and everything was like a 6 out of 10, maybe one dish got a 7... I mean compared to the year before that for their birthdays (it's a couples thing, and heck makes life easy when deciding what to do for a wifes birthday!) we went to morimoto's in philly (for those that know, the real iron chef) everything there started at 8 out of 10 and only went up from there. Actually at the nyc place (the london) we got a kitchen tour and the sous chef said that gordon only comes in once a year. I'd understand if this was like a kansas location, but it's the nyc location...
The only restaurant he ever cooks at is his three star restaurant in London, and that isn't all that often these days. He mostly just does TV shit, much more money, but he's still a hell of a chef, better then pretty much every other reality TV chef.

As for his restaurants I've been to the one in West Hollywood and his burger/bar place called Fat Cow in LA. Both were high quality, but there are plenty of other places in the area I'd prefer over both of them. Prices were on par with local high end restaurants. One thing I love about his West Hollywood location is the roof top lunch/brunch restaurant, it has amazing views and is just an overall awesome lunch spot.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I've eaten at a few "famous" places in Washington D.C over the last several years and I've always been disappointed. I guess it's like wine, where you have to really be into the food to notice a difference? Each time I've eaten at these supposedly amazing places opened by world class chefs I leave thinking I would have been just as happy at a regular upscale chain restaurant like a Ruth's Chris.

foddon

Silver Knight of the Realm
I think it depends on the place and what you order. I've been to a couple fine dining places that were fucking amazing but I haven't really been to all that many (and definitely not many "famous" ones) so I guess I'm not the best person to judge.

I ate at the Ruth's Chris in DC and it was the best steak I've ever had. That's coming from someone who eats at prime steakhouses in Dallas at least a few times a year. Not sure what that was all about (probably just a fluke) but I was pretty shocked.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Most of the "name" places are going to be pretty good as there is a brand trying to be upheld which attracts the people in the door in the first place. Neither Thomas Keller or Ferran Adria cook in their restaurants anymore yet they are still rated as one of the best in the world with Adria's place El Bulli being the best until it closed to become a chef school or some shit.

With that said that's one of the benefits of living in a food mecca like LA as you can go to places where up and coming chef's are actually cooking on a regular basis. My favorite Sushi joint is run by two old Nobu chef's called Wa, it will cost you an arm and a leg but it puts any Nobu or Katsuya spots to fucking shame. Going to Mo Chica when Ricardo Zarate was still cooking everyday was probably one of the best dinners I ever had, Peruvian food can be amazing.

geffe71_sl

shitlord
Just watched half the episode to see what all the noise was about on the internet. This cunt is just like two of my ex girlfriends. FUCKING BIPOLAR NUTS.
Glad he had some fun with the waitstaff and is concerned about them and not just yelling at everyone
Wish this was an episode of Bar Rescue or Restaurant Impossible. Taffer and Irvine would be in their face and knocking skulls

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
don't care it it's fake or whatever,just love him going ape shit with everything lol
that was the main reason i watched Hell's Kitchen ahah

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
man new season of hell's kitchen is humiliating. either they are fat (0% chance of winning) or they suck or fat and suck altogether.