Knee Destruction? Advice for my boo-boo please!

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Falmer_sl

shitlord
Hey, I know someone who had a similar injury. Here's the easiest way to fix it: you and your friend both lay down on the ground, he puts both his legs around your injured leg in a triangle by looping one of his legs inside your leg, then back over the top. Then he puts his foot into the bend of the knee of his other leg (it is important that he keeps his legs locked tightly around yours, to keep it immobile, otherwise this therapy won't work). Your foot should be along his side, tucked into his armpit. He then puts his forearm under the heel of your foot and then cranks his arm as quickly and as hard as he can up and towards his body. If this technique is applied correctly, it will quickly take care of your knee problem.

Best of luck, we all know how much knee injuries suck. Hope you heal quickly.

Archangel_sl

shitlord
Hullo!

So it turns out I somehow managed to fracture the patella! It wasn't completely broken--but the fracture was bad enough that every time I put pressure on it, it was like the two sides of it were scratching together. The soft tissue was too swollen on the initial X-ray to tell more than that it happened in some kind of spiral, opposing direction fall or movement. Granted, I fall a lot as I'm still adapting to sciatic nerve damage after a spinal injury, but I don't remember a fall *that* bad!

Oh well, almost recovered, back home and excited about next week's check-up X-ray
smile.png
thanks for everyone's (legitimate) advice!

smile.png

Szlia

You fall a lot? Who falls a lot? Are you like... a rollerskater/skateboarder/BMX rider or someone with a neurodegenerative condition?

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Archangel, did the nurses not make a little care plan to educate you on your risk for falls?

Archangel_sl

shitlord
Archangel, did the nurses not make a little care plan to educate you on your risk for falls?
I'm still doing an inpatient pain and treatment program at a local rehabilitation centre twice a week, so it's something we discuss a lot, but sometimes things just happen =/ It's a lot better than it was-- this time last year, I couldn't feel down to my toes, and now my difficulties stop at my knee, so, I take what I can get. It's an ongoing adventure, but yes, I do try to be careful.

Archangel_sl

shitlord
What's the most embarrassing time that you've fallen in public?
Truthfully? About 11 years ago, the day I got off crutches after breaking my leg. I was walking out of the pharmacy with my brother in law, talking about how good it felt to be not in plaster and not hobbling, then BAM!! I walked face-first into a metal pole and fell backwards on my arse in front of about twenty people. Funny as all hell!

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
The best way to destroy a knee is with a good heavy baseball bat or sledge. Strike at a roughly 45' downward angle at the top of the knee cap. One blow should be enough to get your protection money.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Consider using knee pads when working.

Aychamo knows what to do - send him nudes for free consult.