Krypton

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Saw this Trailer while watching Happy on SyFy, surprisingly it doesn't look terrible.
I tell you, Syfy has been putting out some extremely good content these past couple of years. I would not be surprised if Krypton didn't suck.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
So it is just a mini-series?

I was under the initial impression it would be awful, and I'm not sure that trailer convinced me otherwise, but I'll watch for that hot blonde with the short hair. At least one episode anyway.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
This came out tonight.

Not that bad I guess.
It takes place 200 years before superman with his grandfather and his journey on getting back the House of el.
Braniac is the big baddie coming to Krypton in the future, so not sure how much of him will be in the series till the end.
Get a look at the relationships of the houses.
The special effects budget looks decent.
It won't have ties to any of the current DC shows it seems.
Give it a couple episodes I guess, since I've dropped the other DC stuff have some room for it.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I will say that they seem to be doing right by Brainiac. The look is quite compelling and a far cry from Brainiac 5 in Supergirl:

bgjf8nm4bzyu1qubhdrj.png

vs

636547749508857921-Brainiac-1.jpg

I will give it a few episodes, although I do find the main character to be a little dickish...

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
The effects are pretty solid the world seemed interesting but I dislike superman so I am pretty sure the story line is going to hurt my brain. We know the ending is superman travels back in time pokes braniac hugs his grandfather then heads back to earth.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
This show was all over the place. Don't care enough to look into it, but was did this go through some kind of reshoot fuckery? Change directors mid filming? Run out of money during production?

Acting varied widely from one scene to the next, ranging from community college drama club bad to typical acting quality for a Sci Fi show.

I was pleasantly surprised that this appears to try to tell a comic book universe story rather than some kind of hamfisted social commentary. And their depiction of the big bad looks much better than I expected.

Glad to see DC is holding strong to the TV trope that white dudes only have black girlfriends. :/ Looking forward to finding out the black love interest is superman's great grandma or whatever by ep 4.

• 1Worf

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Its the pilot episode. Those are almost always the most wonky episodes of TV shows.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I think I might be sold on this show after watching the first two episodes. The second episode was better then the first.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I watched the first 3 episodes of this. I'm enjoying it so far. Nothing spectacular, but good enough to continue.

• 1Like

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Episode 2 was so boring and formulaic I coundt be bothered to tune in for 3.

Is the Kryptonian Inventor superman's grandma yet?

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Man I'm really liking the backstory on the Zod's and the El's in this show. Granted it's a new take on Superman lore and Krypton backstory but the writers have made it interesting. Brainiac is a total badass. Granted there are some plot holes and some goofy stuff but I can overlook it because the show is pretty good. It starts to pick up around episode 4 when things start falling into place and the actors get more comfortable in their roles.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Man I'm really liking the backstory on the Zod's and the El's in this show. Granted it's a new take on Superman lore and Krypton backstory but the writers have made it interesting. Brainiac is a total badass. Granted there are some plot holes and some goofy stuff but I can overlook it because the show is pretty good. It starts to pick up around episode 4 when things start falling into place and the actors get more comfortable in their roles.
I agree, this is way better than I thought it would be. And I love the look and feel of Krypton.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Great episode to end the season on. I still think this is very under rated and I hope we can get more seasons past 2.

I have a feeling that they will have to free Brainiac to defeat Doomsday but that shit should be awesome

• 1Like

ShakyJake

<Donor>
This is back!

First episode was pretty good. But...

Seg exploding Braniac's head off screen was a big WTF. There's no way.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I like that Strange gets his nuts cracked everytime he Zeta beams. That has got to get to him lol