Kubo and the Two Strings (2016)

Caliane

3.00 star(s) Rating: 3.00/5 1 Votes
Title: Kubo and the Two Strings (2016)

Genre: Adventure, Animation, Fantasy, Family

Director: Travis Knight

Cast: Art Parkinson, Charlize Theron, Rooney Mara, Matthew McConaughey, Ralph Fiennes, Brenda Vaccaro, Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa, George Takei, Minae Noji, Saemi Nakamura, Alpha Takahashi, Michael Sun Lee, Laura Miro, Ken Takemoto, Aaron Aoki, Thomas Isao Morinaka, Rachel Morihiro, Cary Yoshio Mizobe, Meyrick Murphy, Ranjani Brow

Release: 2016-08-18

Runtime: 101

Plot: In the epic fantasy, scruffy, kindhearted Kubo ekes out a humble living while devotedly caring for his mother in their sleepy shoreside village. It is a quiet existence – until a spirit from the past catches up with him to enforce an age-old vendetta. Suddenly on the run from gods and monsters, Kubo’s chance for survival rests on finding the magical suit of armor once worn by his fallen father, the greatest samurai the world has ever known. Summoning courage, Kubo embarks on a thrilling odyssey as he faces his family’s history, navigates the elements, and bravely fights for the earth and the stars.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Very excited for this, as a miniature painter I am always happy to see these but even better is the behind the scenes where they show everything that goes into making the world.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Why is it that I never heard of this before?

It looks absolutely awesome. I rarely go the movies, maybe 3-4 times a year...but I think I will for this.

Last edited:

Caliane

not a superfan of Stuckman. But, figured why not.
He thinks is Laika's best yet.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
I love everything Laika does, I thin if i had a dream job it would be building and painting for them

Grimey

Golden Knight of the Realm
Just saw it. Very good. I am amazed at what they can do with stop motion nowadays.

Siliconemelons

Is it real stop nomination like old claymation? I just figured this was all CG with the style of stop motion.

Echuta

Golden Knight of the Realm
Just saw it as well. Fantastic movie with stunning visuals. Had to keep reminding myself that majority of this is stop motion. Action sequences are fluid and look great.

• 1Solidarity

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Hands down the best movie I've seen all year. The animation and music are gorgeous, the story is simple but very moving. The voice acting was spot on. Go see this movie if you haven't. It's beautiful all around.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I took my daughter to it after school today. We actually just got home. It was a pretty good movie, and the stop-motion animation was fantastic. My daughter is easily frightened, and said that she was scared of the witch every time they appeared. I had to "force" her to sit through the movie, but now that she's seen it, she's glad that I did.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I liked the song that played through the credits. A nice version of the Beetle's classic.

• 1Like

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Holy fuck was this good. Pissed at myself I never saw it in the theatre, these people deserve to make more.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database