Kudos EA - Worst Company in America two years running

DMK_sl

shitlord
The unfortunate thing is EA has enough money to make more money. Nothing is too big to fail but EA has a lot of control over specific parts of the gaming market. I doubt EA's plan is to release quality games. It's probably more a long the lines of controlling as much of the gaming genre as possible. When you are the main provider of something you basically control the profit margin. Companies luuuurrrve a good profit margin.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
If they really are the worst company people would stop buying their shit in boycott.
I'm not happy about having to use origin to play certain games, especially when steam should have the games too but seemed like a good idea at the time if I wanted to play battlefield.
They just bought too many good franchises to ignore.

Xalara

Golden Squire
If they really are the worst company people would sp buying their shit in boycott.
I'm not happy about having to use origin to play certain games, especially when steam should have the games too but seemed like a good idea at the time if I wanted to play battlefield.
It is not like Origin is that bad. Plus it is a good thing that Steam isn't the only kid in town because while Valve is "benevolent" (I use the term very loosely) right now it might not be in the future.

I dunno, I think most people who trash Origin at this point haven't actually used it recently. The other day I had to correct someone who said that Origin was crap because it doesn't have third party games (it does).

Really the thing that has been making a lot of EA games bad recently is terrible project management decisions by people on the development teams themselves. Dragon Age 2, SimCity, Mass Effect 3, and Dead Space 3 all suffered from this in varying degrees. At least EA seems to be learning because they just let go of a huge chunk of their Montreal studio because it was being managed terribly.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Uplay and origin do the same thing, have to use it to play their games and make it unavailable elsewhere. No choice no matter how good is still a dick move.

Xalara

Golden Squire
Uplay and origin do the same thing, have to use it to play their games and make it unavailable elsewhere. No choice no matter how good is still a dick move.
That is different from Valve's games requiring and only being available on Steam how?

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
It is not like Origin is that bad. Plus it is a good thing that Steam isn't the only kid in town because while Valve is "benevolent" (I use the term very loosely) right now it might not be in the future.
Meh. The last holiday steam sales got their ass handed to them by Amazon and Amazon Tony over at SA. And I could still activate and play them on Steam to boot.

If anyone is going to give Steam a run for their money, it isn't going to be EA and Origin who have said Steam does nothing but cheapen Intellectual Properties.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
If they really are the worst company people would stop buying their shit in boycott.
Apple is a shitty company yet people eat their shit up. Just because youre a shitbag and do shitbag things doesnt mean people will hate you and not support you.

Were at a point where companies today can release absolute unfinished and unplished shit(see A:CM, SimCity) and think its a ok. If those type of fuck you to gamers wont bring down their company or fix their shitty business model nothing will short of an act of god.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
People like valve/ steam because they haven't done anything to break our trust yet. Also their CEO looks like king gamer man.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
The thing with Valve is that they are interested in long-term profits compared to short-term, like the rest of the industry, so until their metrics say it's time to screw people, they won't do that.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
boycotts are cool

12580353958411.jpg

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
EA hate is overblown. Bandwagon faggotry r us. Don't buy it if you don't like their previous products. My only regret to date is SimCity, but I barely buy any of their stuff. If you haven't bought their shit, why do you care? If you have, stop.
You could reason it that way and move on, yes.

However, some flames never die. I will always hold a grudge against them for making the image of "a game like Warhammer would never succeed".

At least they haven't raped Dungeon Keeper. Hopefully the War for the Overworld guys are really putting together something solid, pretty stoked about it.

As far as the Madden shit... let em have it.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Another e-warrior with no clue, typical.
What does that even mean? Care to elaborate? Negging me with "think for yourself". I don't get it. Your doing more "e-warrioring" then anybody else right now. Then again with a name like God you must think pretty highly of yourself. We petty humans aren't allowed to express opinions on a message board.

Dumar_sl

shitlord
http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2013/...utdown-rumored

Another 900 people down the drain.

10% of it's entire workforce. Bye bye.

Now while I will sorry for the employees, it's time to get rid of the other 90% so they can find better jobs out there and we can watch EA sail into the sunset where they belong.
It would be a great thing if they were swallowed up and allowed to die. Sailing into the sunset is too good a fate for them.