Lanterns

Caliane

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
17,012
15,834
so, show is racist as hell. hates Green lanterns. Guardians aren't Guardians. Hal isn't Hal. John isn't John. Throws out all Green lantern lore and storylines. Only Sinestro is about right.
has ugly old women. Weird cuckold fetishes. A stupid nonsensical story. A mystery that also is incoherent. Shit broken, inverted morality lessons.
looks like a CW show. Kyle Chandler is basically carrying the show on his back as everyone else is boring as hell.

4/5 decent show?
 

Kajiimagi

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
6,191
10,883
the ryan renolds movie only got sinestro right, everything else is ryan renolds
all good, didn't recognize the scene is all. I was never a big DC guy even though BatMan is my #1 fave comic character. I usually read Marvel, my 'weird niche' comic was Micronauts, and I also liked X-Men.
 

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
78,348
184,333
Why? Sheriff is either complicit or behind the killing, and the whole ruse is there to out her or her manhunter / manhunter-spawn of a son? Nonzero chance the sheriff is just in on all of this and this is all an elaborate thing to deal w/ the kid.
you guys also have to see that blurb where it takes 10hours travel from midcity to redneckville, so the sheriff calls jon and said hals dead, and just leaves hal sitting on the bench for 10hrs dead, just so jon can see him sitting there with rigor
 

Bald Brah

Dental Dammer
2,897
3,284
It wasn't a bad movie it just had terrible special effects for its time, even worse now. It was a typical low budget early Marvel movie. There is a reason they went bankrupt and had to sell off their catalog to Sony and Disney. Reynolds wasn't really a draw at the time either. I enjoyed it, it had a good positive story.
 

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
78,348
184,333
It wasn't a bad movie it just had terrible special effects for its time, even worse now. It was a typical low budget early Marvel movie. There is a reason they went bankrupt and had to sell off their catalog to Sony and Disney. Reynolds wasn't really a draw at the time either. I enjoyed it, it had a good positive story.
ryan renolds lantern is 2011 and dc not marvel, it was released like right b4 age of ultron
 

Bald Brah

Dental Dammer
2,897
3,284
ryan renolds lantern is 2011 and dc not marvel, it was released like right b4 age of ultron

Oh my bad. I just know it was on the same level SFX wise as Ed Nortons terrible Hulk or the early bad wolverine and x men stuff.

Hard to believe that was made by the same studio that was cranking out Nolan bat man movies at the same time.
 

Haus

I am Big Balls!
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
21,824
90,751
Pretty sure we all knew this was supposed to be a murder mystery, they are making shit up left and right that don't follow the comics at all

The thing is, you CAN do a great murder mystery within the framework of a super-power enabled DC universe. The comics have had several solid murder mysteries featuring character with solid A list power sets. Everything I am seeing about this show seems to indicate they simply have (like the She Hulk writing room) an open distaste for the source material bordering on hatred.

As for the GL Movie, it was a steaming pile of crap deserving of every derision we can pile upon it. But I will agree, they cast a really solid Sinestro. Easiest way is think 'What if THAT Sinestro was in this series?' Would it make this series better? As it is we have sunburnt Dabney Coleman from all the clips I have seen.
 

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
16,566
20,465
I think this show is good/fine on it's own, but it's like 40% Green Lanterns lore and 10% "Green Lantern Action" which is what a lot of people expected. They figured it'd be a week-to-week Hal hitting an alien into space with a big green Hammer and shit like that and it's not. It's basically True Detective Jr. but the time jump is changing the main character so drastically it feels like you're almost watching two different people. I liked ice cold John, but this John is sassy irritable John which is like a complete 180 from the 2016 version and he just seems more like every other character rather than something unique.

That said I think if people went in knowing this was a murder-mystery buddy comedy rather than a super hero action show they may not be as disappointed. I personally like it, but with one episode left it just feels like they're trying to set up something massive for Man of Tomorrow or season 2 which I HATE when they do that before the show's EARNED it. That's a season 3 thing after you know your show is a hit. Then when it gets canceled because Net Execs don't know what they're doing most of the time it just hurts doubly hard.

No, nobody thought this was going to be a non-stop action CGI-fest and that's not why everyone's shitting on it