Laptop Computers

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Better is better, i care not where it’s created not to mention the first thing anyone should do with a laptop is reinstall the OS to remove any form of bloat ware.

Also Dell and HP has more preinstalled shit than ANYONE else, Lenovo just has Vantage.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Grabbed a basic unit from Wal Mart. Gonna be a busy week next week and don't have time to wait for Internet delivery. Didn't feel like driving across the city to get a good one, so grabbed MSI GF63 Thin 10 something. Wal Mart dropped it off in half an hour. Intel 10500 and GTX 1650. 8GB/256GB NVME. $650.

Surprisingly, not bad. Only downside is the single fan design, but it doesn't throttle with the games I play. Has space for an SATA drive. I put in a spare 2TB unit I had.

Everything is pretty decent for the price. Trackpad is pure trash though. I only need it for three weeks until I move in to my new house and dont need a laptop to play games on beyond that.

Bloatware was Norton and that Android shit they put on to run Android apps. Other than that, decent for the price and needing something in a pinch.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Insane deal somehow for the next couple hours.

Put this in the cart and then SAVE17 for an additional 17% off. That sale is supposed to expire in a couple hours.

Comes down to like 1000 dollars.

This is like 200 bucks off what was already a very low price on the sale. It's somehow getting a double discount, like, the discount off sale, plus the sale discount is still active.

View attachment 373929
So this turned out to be much nicer than previous generation Inspirons. It's got the full aluminum body, it's just not quite as thin as an XPS and doesn't have the 'carbon fiber' trim around the keyboard area.

The fact that this has a full 8C/16T desktop CPU + an RTX GPU for 1000 bucks is pretty nuts.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
So this turned out to be much nicer than previous generation Inspirons. It's got the full aluminum body, it's just not quite as thin as an XPS and doesn't have the 'carbon fiber' trim around the keyboard area.

The fact that this has a full 8C/16T desktop CPU + an RTX GPU for 1000 bucks is pretty nuts.

I'm actually looking for a new laptop. My 2019 Macbook Pro is pretty much useless for anything fun, so I wanna replace it.

What do you use the Inspiron 16 for? I'm assuming it games fine.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I'm actually looking for a new laptop. My 2019 Macbook Pro is pretty much useless for anything fun, so I wanna replace it.

What do you use the Inspiron 16 for? I'm assuming it games fine.
I'm actually giving this as a gift to my nephew, but I'm putting it through its paces and it does game just fine. It's not an Alienware though.

Fucker

Log Wizard

Did they fix the cooling? My 4/8C w/GTX1050 ran hot AF even after modding the cooling and undervolting.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
These are my current choices, as I want to keep it around $1500:

The Dell kinda seems like the best one honestly.

Hmm Lenovo Legion 5 w/ 3060 and 5800X is like $1199 or something?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Did they fix the cooling? My 4/8C w/GTX1050 ran hot AF even after modding the cooling and undervolting.
It has bottom vents, back vents and also a vent row above the FN keys for when the CPU is really cranking. It's a pretty clever design all things considered.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Got a macbook pro coming next week. I wanted something smaller than my razer to drag in to work, and I can make my ipad be a second monitor for it. Going to slap a win 10 partition on it for DDO/FFXIV/New World.

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Every day I check for apple releasing new 16” MacBook Pro. Shit is gonna be LIT

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I've been waiting for those and honestly the rumored m1x mini as well. Latest rumor I read was they will be announced next week

• 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 user

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I am torn between fixing my 2015 pro or getting the new one that's about to come out. The chip would cause issues with some work I do on the laptop but I can work around it. But the 2015 pro is the goat so not sure what to do.

Fucker

Log Wizard
I've been waiting for those and honestly the rumored m1x mini as well. Latest rumor I read was they will be announced next week
I have the M1 Air, and that thing is a fucking beast. It is faster than my Ryzen 3700 in some aspects in Affinity Photo. I put thermal pad on the cpu heatsink which connected it to the bottom chassis. Thing never gets hot and the battery life is amazing. The Pro will be simply dazzling.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Got a macbook pro coming next week. I wanted something smaller than my razer to drag in to work, and I can make my ipad be a second monitor for it. Going to slap a win 10 partition on it for DDO/FFXIV/New World.

Is the partition actually viable now bc M.1?

My last two laptops have been MacBook Pro's, but I've started looking at Microsoft laptop's bc you just can't game on a Mac.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
If you try to run windows on a Mac you going to have a bad time

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Is the partition actually viable now bc M.1?

My last two laptops have been MacBook Pro's, but I've started looking at Microsoft laptop's bc you just can't game on a Mac.
I am getting an intel, not an M1, so yes, boot camp and win 10.