Last Epoch

bolok

Trakanon Raider
Got my beta key- ready for tomorrow. Not sure how much i'll actually play. But i'll give it a decent hammer at least.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Getting multiplayer into this thing was apparently rocket science for them. Even Pantheon has that. Makes me wonder.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Getting multiplayer into this thing was apparently rocket science for them. Even Pantheon has that. Makes me wonder.
lol yeah when I read they were "adding multiplayer" in an ARPG made in 2023 I was like "wait, that can't be right, they must mean something else."

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
They have some good ideas and ostensibly good designers but their technical ability to implement the things they come up with is uh, dubious at best.

Like I played this game at PAX 2016 and here we are 7 years later and they are just now testing multiplayer? Fucking amazing

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Keep in mind they didn't initially design the game to run as a true MP experience so there was alot of under the hood changes at every level of development. They were also a small company growing up quick. Not thrilled myself on the time its taken but I will say the game play itself has me hooked and I plan on playing as my main source of entertainment until Ashes of Creation finally comes around.

My wife isn't a gamer and never played an ARGP...did the MP week with her and she enjoyed it enough she told me tonight we are doing 15 hr shifts on the march 9th relese and she isn't cooking just ordering doordash haha. Never prouder in my life....

I made a spell lightning wearbear build and tweaked during MP to make it run w/ meteor belt. Its so fun and is a great clearer. Didn't get to push to high as we were trying all sorts of builds for her but it will be my main I think. Can't do J4 for shit since maul/EQ is clunky and seconds matter but for clear/surviability in higher corruption its pretty rock star.

Plenty of stuff for them to fix but its still a pretty damn fun game that just scratchs an itch that only Grim Dawn used to as far as ARPG. I hope they don't cave and add trading, gear progression is really good paced and still so much to always be able to upgrade with LP and high end exalted. They just need to tweak LP3/4 items just a tish or have some way to improve chances after farming certain things or doing something super hard/large time investment. Like clear X empowered to get a coin that can reroll uniques LP value but make it super grindy and still roll so its a chase thing but nothing that can be heavily abused.

• 1Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I'm not a big fan of the genre either, but they've done a fantastic job with this. I look forward to the bleed build on the bear class (I forget the name).

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Ya I mean it is phenomenal for an original IP

Their end game mapping/crafting is on point last I played

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

bolok

Trakanon Raider
Interesting, trying to not let you have your cake and eat it at the same time. I really didn't give a shit about trading anyway, so speccing into the better drops side seems like a no brainer.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
That "trade manifesto" they got there seems like a convoluted way to curry favor with two essentially opposing forces. That'll end well!

• 1Like

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I dunno...its pretty close to a SSF "mode" that some ask for in PoE. I think this game is aiming to be between D3 and PoE in terms of obtuseness and grind.

bolok

Trakanon Raider
I dunno...its pretty close to a SSF "mode" that some ask for in PoE. I think this game is aiming to be between D3 and PoE in terms of obtuseness and grind.
The crafting is WAY less obtuse. The grind factor remains to be seen, but it kinda depends on how balls deep you feel you need to progress to feel done with the game or a season or whatever.

• 1Like

Hekotat

Their crafting and re-spec systems are what's so appealing to me.

• 1Like

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
without starting the argument again, I haven’t seen mention of a league or cycle with this test?

Hekotat

without starting the argument again, I haven’t seen mention of a league or cycle with this test?

I don't think they've released much of anything and didn't intend to until the launch of .9 on the 9th.

• 1Like