Last Epoch

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
So I got this thing off one of the quest bosses in the echos. This icicle proc has apparently 0 cooldown and now i'm basically respecing my character almost entirely because it's so insane how many of them it can fire. I dicked around with multishot a bit and with the one passive to allow multiple arrows to hit and you can blast bosses with like all 14 arrows at once and just shit out a dozen icicles per second lol
Capture.PNG

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brikker

Trump's Staff
So I got this thing off one of the quest bosses in the echos. This icicle proc has apparently 0 cooldown and now i'm basically respecing my character almost entirely because it's so insane how many of them it can fire. I dicked around with multishot a bit and with the one passive to allow multiple arrows to hit and you can blast bosses with like all 14 arrows at once and just shit out a dozen icicles per second lol
View attachment 463550

Scroll up a bit to the bow build I posted. It uses this.

Did the build in 2021 and it was a lot of fun, like a diablo 3 multishot DH

Caliane

View attachment 463550
go back like one page for a "bow mage" rogue build featuring reign of winter bow.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Really liking this game. I first played it years ago and it has come a long way from what it use to be.

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So I don't know if it's because of the latest patch or what (doing multiplayer the first few nights was fine), but last night I had massive fps drops. Normally I'd assume it's my PC, but one of the people I was playing with has a monster and his was dropping too. Third friend, however, was fine. I'm kind of ruling out number of particles effects (since even though I was good the first few nights, it doesn't explain the other guy). Seemed to be worst on maps with those bird guys, but there were spots where it'd drop me to like 5 fps and him to 15ish.

I was fine solo before playing with them. And I've played today solo no problem.

Wondering if anyone else has seen this and has any ideas.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
So I don't know if it's because of the latest patch or what, but last night I had massive fps drops. Normally I'd assume it's my PC, but one of the people I was playing with has a monster and his was dropping too. Third friend, however, was fine.

I was fine solo before playing with them. And I've played today solo no problem.

Wondering if anyone else has seen this and has any ideas.
I can't seem to find a link now, but I remember reading a few days ago that a new Nvidia driver update was causing performance issues. Perhaps that?

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
It happens to me now as well, it's something they changed. It doesn't happen often and I can deal with it but hopefully they find a fix soon.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So... are build-defining uniques and BiS items still ungodly rare or behind a retarded number of layers of RNG? I generally assume that things like drop rates only get worse when MP is added to a game, but I'm not sure that's even possible with this one.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
So... are build-defining uniques and BiS items still ungodly rare or behind a retarded number of layers of RNG? I generally assume that things like drop rates only get worse when MP is added to a game, but I'm not sure that's even possible with this one.

We seem to get more drops or atleast shareable drops when in multiplayer.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I have 3 stash tabs full of different unique/set items and I'm only 88. Some of it's just luck, but you can target farm base type with Runes of Ascendance or gambling (though I heard it was nerfed). Some uniques are also mega rare BUT higher drop chance from a specific Storyline Monolith boss. So basically you just blast those over and over looking for the specific unique you need.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So is the gameplay loop for this just...pick a build, farm forever for it, and then...never touch it again because why bother with a build that's "done?"

And then pick up a 2nd character and repeat because you're a masochist?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm talking about getting stuff like Omnividence which I (and several others by the look of the past couple pages) failed to do after dozens of hours in the endgame monoliths.

So is the gameplay loop for this just...pick a build, farm forever for it, and then...never touch it again because why bother with a build that's "done?"

When I played it last year it was more like: pick the one S-tier leveling/farming build (VK autobomber) and then use it to farm the gear the build(s) you really want to play need. I had no luck getting any of the important items for any of them though, so my "loop" turned into an exit ramp.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

Yes

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.

Welcome to APRGs.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Farming for farming's sake fucking blows. Play because you have some new build or mechanic you want to try. Assuming said build/mechanic is reasonably achievable. Locking content behind rarity also fucking blows.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
It’s hard to say what the eventual gameplay loop will fully be, there’s still a ways to full release but…that’s basically all ARPG loops if you want to keep playing past 50 hours.

Caliane

Its always that for ARPGS. An absolute paradox for sure. farming for gear to farm. This is where alts come in. farming for gear to farm, but then get some cool item that enables a new build, or playstyle for another character. start that other character. This is why the 1-endgame play also does need to be fun. Arguably the biggest issue ARPGS are a genre face nowadays. 3 month leagues also face this issue. PoE acts 1-10 were amazing.. the first 35 times you did it. then at that point, players start getting tired of aspects of it.
"Solo self found" is a huge factor in keeping it lively as well. its forces you into a position of making do with that you have found personally. roguelike aspects effectively. choices matter with gear, and currency. you have to totally no life/streamer mode it for a SSF build to ever be "done" by auction house standards, in most of these games.

• 1Like