Last Epoch

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Creeping up on 700, still bunch of 0LPs everywhere - a prophecy hit so hard that there was easily over 60 items on the screen. They need to make it so once you reduce the amount of items that the names converge and not stay all over the damn place.

Tide27

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Creeping up on 700, still bunch of 0LPs everywhere - a prophecy hit so hard that there was easily over 60 items on the screen. They need to make it so once you reduce the amount of items that the names converge and not stay all over the damn place.
Hit ctrl-z I think and it pulls all the loot back to the middle of the screen when you loot items.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
No throwing skills for primalist huh? I woulda thought there'd be one or something you could turn into one with a skiller.

Last edited:

Caliane

someone has started working on adapting PoB to Last epoch. still very early. and seems atm its all going to be manual updates, not pulling directly from game data.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
someone has started working on adapting PoB to Last epoch. still very early. and seems atm its all going to be manual updates, not pulling directly from game data.

Yea but... why? LE has an offline mode you'll be able to eventually hack with hero editor style tools to test anything you want in the actual game....

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Pretty sure there are free cheats for LE already for offline characters, including skill points and such.

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just like PoE, I get burned out quickly in maps/Monoliths. It's just repetitious.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
People, in general, prefer static layout end game content. Maps might have 3 or 4 variants of those static layouts but truly procedurally generated end game maps (Like greater rifts) suck.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
D2 hit it about right where there were consistent thematic structures and set pieces, but randomized within that.

• 1Like

Tide27

I lose interest in most arpg once the game comes down to just a loot grind.

Every arpg that I can think of boils down to the same thing, and I don't think there is really a long term viability to keep it fresh for too long.

I think part of it is the mindset that games don't start until " end game ". MMOs are in the same boat. Blast as fast as you can through the actual game, and then complain there is nothing to do....the game was the something to do.

PoE - do maps to do more maps
D3 - Do rifts to do more rifts
Last Epoch - Do monos to do more monos.

Everything virtually stays the same except numbers. Whether you are doing 100k dmg, 1 mil dmg, 1 bil, 1 trillion dmg....you are still hitting the same keys, for the same skills, for the same loot but +1 gooder.

• 1Solidarity

Captain Suave

I lose interest in most arpg once the game comes down to just a loot grind.

I'm the opposite. The stories of ARPGs are generally totally forgettable. If there's a good moment to moment gameplay loop and character growth mechanics that will keep me interested for a long time. Forever? No. But more than lots of other game genres.

Tide27

I'm the opposite. The stories of ARPGs are generally totally forgettable. If there's a good moment to moment gameplay loop and character growth mechanics that will keep me interested for a long time. Forever? No. But more than lots of other game genres.
I agree about the stories. I can't think of a single arpg that I know the first thing about the story.

Other than loot, what is the growth mechanics in any other arpg? I'm not saying there may not be one, but I can't think of it.

By the time the campaign is over in any arpg that I know of, all of your skills and mechanics are known...and then it's just +1 more better for everything past that.

Lost Ark might meet that threshold, as they keep releasing new bosses that require more loot grind, but the rewards stay the same...just more +1 to your stats in some form or another.

Rerolling other classes can be interesting until you cap them out.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I agree about the stories. I can't think of a single arpg that I know the first thing about the story.

Other than loot, what is the growth mechanics in any other arpg? I'm not saying there may not be one, but I can't think of it.

By the time the campaign is over in any arpg that I know of, all of your skills and mechanics are known...and then it's just +1 more better for everything past that.

Lost Ark might meet that threshold, as they keep releasing new bosses that require more loot grind, but the rewards stay the same...just more +1 to your stats in some form or another.

Rerolling other classes can be interesting until you cap them out.
A lot of builds in PoE come online post campaign. The concept of a league starter exists partially because your preferred build will not function without certain pieces of loot or a minimum amount of investment. They actually just made this "worse" as a handful of uniques got moved to their Uber version and div cards that dropped boss uniques can only drop from said bosses(there are still loopholes).

I think LE has this as well, but to a much lesser degree.

Captain Suave

Accumulating skills, skill modifications, stats, and their interactions with each other and the gear you collect. That process can take many dozens of hours to complete or accumulate in-game resources for, and that assumes you have the knowledge of what to choose in the first place. The process of learning what is good, what isn't, and what you like is all part of the game as well.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I feel like this build has a leveling blah zone around 75-85. I don’t know. Just seemed to stagnate.

• 1Like