Last Epoch

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Runemaster patch was today. They reworked a couple acts like they did act 1, which I thought was pretty cool and a big improvement over the old act 1. Added some loot caches in the echoes which is also cool. Will probably check it out sometime in the next couple weeks. I never really got a mage high level, really the only class I haven’t got at least one high level build out of all of them.

Act 1 is fantastic now, I hope they re-do all of it to the same standard.

I started a melee rogue and I'm having a good time. Hopefully the end game changes make me want to play more.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Wow, they did a great job with the redo of the first act. It's MUCH cleaner.

Also after playing thru D4 to 100, this just seems so much better design wise.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I gotta get back into this. Have a mage at the end of act 1 to spec into runemaster when it came out. Sounds like act 1 is pretty dope though so I'm thinking about replaying it

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I gotta get back into this. Have a mage at the end of act 1 to spec into runemaster when it came out. Sounds like act 1 is pretty dope though so I'm thinking about replaying it
Yeah just restart. Act 1,2,3 all got reworked. It doesn’t take long to get through 1.

bolok

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, they bumped up when you pick your mastery a fair bit. Probably better to just blast act 1 again.

Mur

Trakanon Raider
Bought this and played it a bit in 2020, with how bad things are in the aRPG world at the moment, I guess I'll have to see how far this has come.

How buggy is it? How complete? Is the current load out basically almost ready for release, or is it more like D4; needing 1-2 more years to actually be worth playing full time?

Tide27

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Bought this and played it a bit in 2020, with how bad things are in the aRPG world at the moment, I guess I'll have to see how far this has come.

How buggy is it? How complete? Is the current load out basically almost ready for release, or is it more like D4; needing 1-2 more years to actually be worth playing full time?
This game could have released 2 years ago and still been better then D4.

I've run multiply classes to cap and had no problem. They are still adding systems and classes, balancing here and there...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

Not buggy, probably 90% complete? I think there’s only 1 or 2 classes left to finish and maybe adding one more act. I don’t keep up with the roadmap. It’s already a really good game.

Nola

Trakanon Raider

It’s way better than Diablo 4. It doesn’t have the good game play feel/controls, artwork and music like D4 has but the crafting, skill tree and game mechanics blows D4 away. It has come a very long way since I played it years ago. My biggest complaint as of now is the server stability for online mode. Rubberbanding and lag between loading zones is pretty common. I would definitely try it out. I think you won’t be disappointed.

Hekotat

The class spell and skill reset system is one of the best I've seen for ease of respecing without being brutal.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
It’s way better than Diablo 4. It doesn’t have the good game play feel/controls, artwork and music like D4 has but the crafting, skill tree and game mechanics blows D4 away. It has come a very long way since I played it years ago. My biggest complaint as of now is the server stability for online mode. Rubberbanding and lag between loading zones is pretty common. I would definitely try it out. I think you won’t be disappointed.
That server stuff is nonexistent if you just play offline/solo. There’s no multiplayer economy in this game so all you’re missing out on is global chat, unless you have friends you plan on playing with.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Finally have a 1.0 release date. February 21st.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
And the details of what’s coming. Looks great!

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I feel like I've seen that roadmap before but the details are nice, those dates are not when the content releases but when they release info about the content, all of that is being packed into the 1.0 release. Also I learned that Falconner wasn't like a tradeskill or a pet secondary or a NPC, but an actual class. Interesting choice, while there's a few classes in games that use Falcons/Hawks/Eagle pets(usually hunter types stuff), having a class with the whole concept seems pretty original.

Anyway I'll probably make some room for that release and finally play this, I think I bought it(or maybe not I'll have to check) just haven't played it cause I'm not a fan of early access, but this looks quite nice. Between this, PoE2 beta and Grim Dawn new expansion(maybe?) I think next year is gonna be great for ARPGs.

• 1Like

Hekotat

I feel like I've seen that roadmap before but the details are nice, those dates are not when the content releases but when they release info about the content, all of that is being packed into the 1.0 release. Also I learned that Falconner wasn't like a tradeskill or a pet secondary or a NPC, but an actual class. Interesting choice, while there's a few classes in games that use Falcons/Hawks/Eagle pets(usually hunter types stuff), having a class with the whole concept seems pretty original.

Anyway I'll probably make some room for that release and finally play this, I think I bought it(or maybe not I'll have to check) just haven't played it cause I'm not a fan of early access, but this looks quite nice. Between this, PoE2 beta and Grim Dawn new expansion(maybe?) I think next year is gonna be great for ARPGs.

It's pretty damn awesome in it's current state, I dip in weekly and screw around. First time I've truly enjoyed an ARPG and especially a rogue type class within it.

• 1Like