Last Epoch

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Weird, I've basically never traded in an ARPG ever.

forever-alone-rage-comic-meme_u-L-PXJB1P0.jpg

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Yeah, but he is spot on. They are giving huge buffs to self found characters while actively making trading a chore. I am all for them deciding their game is a non-trading game but they are trying to skirt around the issue so as not to lose a huge chuck of their players. Newsflash: their gimped trading is going to lose them all of those players anyways. I bought the game in early access because they promised trading in the game and now, I wish I would have waited because I would not have purchased it with this type of trade system. I think there are going to be a ton of people who play solo self found in POE that are going to absolutely love the new system and I am happy for them. But don't try and defend a game you like when the people who are fans of a certain system are telling you that this game's system is shit and will push those players away.

I was just fucking with him.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Meh. I’ll give it a shot at 1.0 again. This team has been very community focused so I imagine they’ll listen if this ends up shit.

• 1Like

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This game should be worth picking up? I have not followed it at all and know nothing about it except it being an ARPG.

How does it compare to PoE and the Diablo franchise?

Thinking I will wait for the 1.0 release as it should be in a week or two.

Caliane

its come a long way. has some good new ideas. janky in many others.

generally I'd say yes. if you like diablo or poe, check it out.

They''ve kept adding to it. even I'm not fully up to date, and 1.0 is going to add quite a bit more. the final classes, this new trade system. which I have no idea about.

Multiplayer even was fairly recent.

$34.99 current pre-order price.

Its going to have cosmetics like path of exile...which idk free first box price? granted expanded inventory in this in is game currency.

Will the game be priced differently during and after Early Access?
“Our price won't be changing when Last Epoch leaves Early Access.”

I suppose I might say its a bit pricey at $35. compared to "free" poe. 30$ palworld/enshrouded, etc.
but poe isn't REALLY free. and, you'll likely get tons of hours into last epoch as an arpg.

• 1Like

Tide27

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This game should be worth picking up? I have not followed it at all and know nothing about it except it being an ARPG.

It sits.perfectly in the middle of those two
in my opinion.

If you want the most simplistic arpg, D4 is for you. If you want a spreadsheet simulator, then PoE is for you. If you want something somewhere in the middle, Last Epoch is for you.

I'm happy they aren't trying to be exactly like D4 or PoE. Both those games have their place, and I'm happy Last Epoch is somewhere in the middle.

I personally love Last Epoch because the devs constantly ask for feedback and actually implement some changes, I enjoy the diff classes and skills, and prefer the end game vs D4 and PoE.

Having said that, I'm also not someone that is requiring a lifelong commitment to every game released.

I can get 3 to 4 classes I like to 100 and push them until I'm bored...and be satisfied with my playtime and move on.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

Yeah, it’s good. Has a ton of viable builds, good crafting, unique classes.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I bought this a while back so I'll be playing. I just hope the changes they've made push my interest in the game further than the last few times I played.

But the trade system. Ooof

Caliane

I bought this a while back so I'll be playing. I just hope the changes they've made push my interest in the game further than the last few times I played.

But the trade system. Ooof
that comment about the existing trade, or the 1.0 trade post?

Khane

The faction based trading system that you have to level up and unlock the ability to trade more powerful items.

Cringe.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Its a good game, but for some reason its just kinda meh for me. I dont really know why I just dont get excited to play this. Maybe because its too easy? IDK. The crafting system is really good though and it has ample end game, although some would say that it does not. Kinda reminds me of a D3 type end game. I think it also needs more bossing in end game content too, I have not seen any. Although it could exist? I know there is some high level build defining gear/uniques that drops in end game, so there is that.

Anyways, its mid is all, at least IMO. Better than D3/ D4 thats for sure.

• 1Like

Khane

Its a good game, but for some reason its just kinda meh for me. I dont really know why I just dont get excited to play this. Maybe because its too easy? IDK. The crafting system is really good though and it has ample end game, although some would say that it does not. Kinda reminds me of a D3 type end game. I think it also needs more bossing in end game content too, I have not seen any. Although it could exist? I know there is some high level build defining gear/uniques that drops in end game, so there is that.

Anyways, its mid is all, at least IMO. Better than D3/ D4 thats for sure.

Yea this about sums up my experience with the game as well.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Zoomancer a viable build? Its always my goto build.
There’s a primalist which has wolves, raptors, scorpions, bears, squirrels, a sabertooth. Maybe some others I’m forgetting. Necromancer has several undead army builds.

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
I played the primal it’s zoo mode. Had raptor, bear, scorpion combo and it was pretty fucking awesome. I went heavy poison type debuff on them and it was so sweet. Trash mobs die so quick that talent tree doesn’t matter much and the bosses would get poison raped while I dodged or ran around. I didn’t even have an attack(by choice) as my attack was the thorn totems to clean up everything else.

while fun like the above posts said it got a bit boring as I just ran around picking up shit while my pets raped face on everything. getting bored was probably my own fault due to passive playstyle but I never hit a wall with that build.

i did eventually try a true ranger type dude and a paladin, both, obviously, far more active but never got them to endgame, just mid/high level to see how it felt. Enjoyed both for different reasons. They really did a good job with the talent trees being meaningful, requiring choices/sacrafices, and giving some decent options. Of course there is always the min/max spreadsheet dudes but I found anything backed by a bit of common sense to be viable.

• 1Like

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>

I like it but for some reason, and I can't pinpoint why, combat doesn't feel that impactful.

I think the masterful sound effects of PoE add much more in the back of our minds than we realize. LE is very fun, but feels like I just don't do much and I think it's because the sound effects are very basic.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I like it but for some reason, and I can't pinpoint why, combat doesn't feel that impactful.

I think the masterful sound effects of PoE add much more in the back of our minds than we realize. LE is very fun, but feels like I just don't do much and I think it's because the sound effects are very basic.

Same issue I have, everything kinda seems floaty if I were to try to describe it

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Same issue I have, everything kinda seems floaty if I were to try to describe it

Floaty is a good way to put it. Torchlight Infinite is the same for me. It just feel like your hits dont hit anything, but numbers fly up like you're doing damage. And don't fully realize when you're hit either. But in PoE, for some reason, I feel getting hit, and I feel doing damage.

It bugs me, because LE is pretty fantastic.

• 1Solidarity