Last Epoch

Khane

Got something right about marriage
There a good guide for that somewhere? Preferably written since it's easier to refer to while playing

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
There a good guide for that somewhere? Preferably written since it's easier to refer to while playing
Yeah, it's part of the spreadsheet I linked above. Direct link is in Caliane's post below mine, since the embed doesn't work so well.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Interesting looking build in Marksman/falconer.

So, Marksman mastery gives you detonating arrow, a lighting arrow skill.
5 points in Falconer gives you explosive trap. one of the passive directions for explosive trap, makes it attack with Detonating arrow, converts traps to lit damage, and spawns spark charges.
so, its an intentional cross mastery synergy.

also, apparently the Campaign is not being finished for 1.0.... uh.. ok. not sure how THAT works.

Also note that you can dump points into other trees that you don't specialize in, I did not realize this until a few weeks ago. You can put points in to trees up to the chain emblem which adds even more options.

kcTVjQCRHd.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah, it's part of the spreadsheet I linked above. Direct link is in Caliane's post below mine, since the embed doesn't work so well.
I'm somewhat confused by the spreadsheet, am I understanding this correctly that there's actually more sources of passive points/idol slots than you need, which lets you pick the ones you want? I figured it'd just list the fastest way to get them but the speedrun and the classic ways seem to have different sources for the various things, so thinking they just let you choose? That's quite nice if that's the case.

Vorph

I'm somewhat confused by the spreadsheet, am I understanding this correctly that there's actually more sources of passive points/idol slots than you need, which lets you pick the ones you want? I figured it'd just list the fastest way to get them but the speedrun and the classic ways seem to have different sources for the various things, so thinking they just let you choose? That's quite nice if that's the case.
That's my understanding of it too. Classic is probably the best choice for most people and builds, but if you're really confident in your ability to beat Julra at 55 with shitty gear and missing passives/idols then the speedrun should be quite a bit faster. Dying to her and having to find another key seems like it'd be a pretty big setback though.

Caliane

no. what are you guys asking about exactly?

Referring to the "speed campaign strategy" and the "campaign all passives/idols route"?

for speeding running you don't necessarily want to do the side quests, etc in order. skip some of the side quests that rewards passive or idol slots, get to end game, then go back with kickass gear to get those things fast.

the second one, collects them all, but still skips much of the campaign to do it faster.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
no. what are you guys asking about exactly?

Referring to the "speed campaign strategy" and the "campaign all passives/idols route"?

for speeding running you don't necessarily want to do the side quests, etc in order. skip some of the side quests that rewards passive or idol slots, get to end game, then go back with kickass gear to get those things fast.

the second one, collects them all, but still skips much of the campaign to do it faster.
Na if you compare both they don't have the same unlocks for everything. One of the early ones I was curious about was in the armoury, and in fact it's listed at the bottom of the speedrun part as Removed, so presumably they get the point elsewhere, which means there's more points than you need overall and you can pick the ones you want. Even the story part doesn't list the same points as the speedrun part, likely because it doesn't skip stuff so it finishes before having to do some of the things later on. Like the Maj'elka part has a bunch of stuff in the Slums/Upper District in the speedrun route, but nothing about that in the story route and so on. They're definitely not the same thing in a different order, they have different quests and places listed once you get past the first couple of chapters.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I look forward to you all speed running the content then bitching about how there isn't enough of it, lol.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I look forward to you all speed running the content then bitching about how there isn't enough of it, lol.
I mean obviously I'm doing a normal full clear read everything currently but further chars? Why would I run the full story again if I can make it shorter? That's one of the main complaints I have about PoE, I really can't fucking stand running the story every league anymore, shit's way too fucking long and insanely boring. Being able to skip it and get to map faster would be so much better.

• 2Solidarity

Vorph

I'd be more likely to quit from having to slog through the post-Maj'elka campaign again than from a lack of endgame content after the campaign is done. I actually don't mind the campaign up to that point, but I always thought it was terrible afterwards. 1.0 would be at least my sixth time doing it, so I'm absolutely going to use the speedrun version of the skip on Wednesday.

Besides, you of all people should know the problem was never a lack of content; it was a lack of meaningful rewards for doing said content.

Those Falconer gloves look pretty amazing.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I mean obviously I'm doing a normal full clear read everything currently but further chars? Why would I run the full story again if I can make it shorter? That's one of the main complaints I have about PoE, I really can't fucking stand running the story every league anymore, shit's way too fucking long and insanely boring. Being able to skip it and get to map faster would be so much better.
Yeah I don't mind doing it every league but I hate doing it multiple times per league. Usually one extra alt is all I can stomach but most of the time that's the main reason i'd roll scions is cause I can swap without having to do new chars, even if it's not absolutely optimal.

Caliane

oh, huh. didnt remember that being a thing.

also on the campaign, theres a big difference between, "I like being able to skip the campaign", a short campaign, and a feature incomplete campaign that just stops mid story.
They are apparently launching 1.0 with an incomplete story. This is a box price game. not a ftp one, that can call itself EA or anything after 1.0.

Last edited:

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Actually looking forward to a game "release" again. Will go Zoomancer for sure even if it's not viable endgame. I just enjoy minion builds because I'm lazy nowadays.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I leveled up a necro last time with one of the big golem things plus small skellies. It was pretty powerful, even in beginning end game. I guess there is some unique that lets you have 2 of those golems later but I never found it. You can then change your small skellies to be mages later and they did a ton of dmg too. All sorts of builds you can make just by fucking with the individual skill trees.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I really dislike "builds" that require you to swap playstyles multiple times before reaching the final form that you wanted to play to begin with. I haven't found a build planner yet for a Warpath/Smite Paladin that doesn't require playing the first 60+ lvls in some shitty build. Last i played, I think I was using a warpath build that was using smite/javelin/judgement, and it was fun while I played.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Man this game has some weird things going on. It's very curious how when you load back into the same zone, everything is respawned and the map is mostly reset but not quite(some random bits are revealed), and yet items are still on the floor. It's like they couldn't keep the state of an instance saved(even if only for a few minutes like poe does) but still save item positions(which is good since you can easily just walk out into a new area while trying to pick up loot in some places).

Another tech issue I'm having is whenever I open the stash in town, my GPU goes crazy high temp. I have to close it and reopen it a few times for it to calm down. Even during boss fights with a minion build I'm having no issues with temps, but as soon as I open a stash in town? Oh boy here comes the rocket cooler fan speed. Shit's just weird. Alt tabbing and closing it a few times seems to fix the issue too which makes it even more questionnable.