Last Epoch

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Skärmbild 2024-02-21 191045.png

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Spend 400k a month on a maybe… tough sell.

It's only a "tough sell" because people expect and accept launch day issues. Why be proactive when your customers aren't going anywhere either way?

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
It's only a "tough sell" because people expect and accept launch day issues. Why be proactive when your customers aren't going anywhere either way?

Seems like that is on us players then. No wallet control and an insatiable need for entertainment. Kinda like addicts...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Spend 400k a month on a maybe… tough sell.
100% agree, but given the large amount of content I've seen on YouTuber and Twitch leading up, they should have had at least a small idea of how much this was looked forward by the masses.

Lost Epoch has 257k viewers right now, compared to D4's.... 831.
Edit: on Twitch
Happy Antonio Banderas GIF

• 5Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 6 users

Khane

Seems like that is on us players then. No wallet control and an insatiable need for entertainment. Kinda like addicts...

Yes, it is. Even people here bend over backwards to make excuses when others of us are harsh critics about this

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
To be clear it is bullshit but they run this stuff as a business and they would rather have people bitch they can’t get in then spend the cash up front, I would be surprised if more than 20% of players make it past the first month.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Just wait until the hordes get off work and Asmond attempts to stream it.

Khane

To be clear it is bullshit but they run this stuff as a business and they would rather have people bitch they can’t get in then spend the cash up front, I would be surprised if more than 20% of players make it past the first month.

I think the bigger problem is a lot of these companies are very clearly not making any attempt to be even slightly proactive in their release planning.

Launch day and their servers and game world can't handle even 1/10th of the actual player numbers by all accounts.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
100% agree, but given the large amount of content I've seen on YouTuber and Twitch leading up, they should have had at least a small idea of how much this was looked forward by the masses.

Lost Epoch has 257k viewers right now, compared to D4's.... 831.
Edit: on Twitch
Happy Antonio Banderas GIF

Heroes of Might and Magic III had more viewers even when there wasn't a big competing arpg launch.

That game coming out from a company with billions is beyond a joke.

Anywho, I got into the starting camp by running back and forth a few times. It should settle by tomorrow.

• 1Like

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
You can make a Cycle character, but there doesn't seem to be a "season" aspect to it.

As I understand it, Cycles are seasons, with leaderboards. When this cycle ends the characters get transferred to the legacy server. In subsequent cycles you can make new characters to experience whatever the new content is. Right now the first cycle is the 1.0 release content, with future updates focusing on endgame.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users