Last Epoch

bolok

Trakanon Raider
I’m having trouble understanding some stats. I know for example with ”chance to apply xxxxx” if you go over 100% it means you have a chance to apply 2 stacks, like poison. It would mean 2 stacks per hit instead of one.

but what about critical chance? I have something like 237% and wondering if I should regear To lower that.
237% of your base crit chance is what that means. So given 5% is the base chance for most things- you'd be looking at ~12% crit chance there.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I’m having trouble understanding some stats. I know for example with ”chance to apply xxxxx” if you go over 100% it means you have a chance to apply 2 stacks, like poison. It would mean 2 stacks per hit instead of one.

but what about critical chance? I have something like 237% and wondering if I should regear To lower that.
If you press, G I think by default, it opens a help menu ingame that explains a lot of the basic mechanics. Yes getting more than 100% chance to apply status can apply more than 1 stack at a time so it's worth it, like 250% chance is 2stacks with 50% of a 3rd stack, you can get some crazy amount of stacks that way. As for crit it works like poe, 237% increased crit is 237% of your base crit, which is generally 5%. Some things give you base crit, then you multiply that by your increased crit to figure the end value. If you have no base crit, 237% would give you 5*(1+2.37)= 16.85% crit, so far from cap. Unless you get a good mix of base crit and additional crit it's not super easy to cap crit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Only level 7 and allready enjoying the Necromancer more than the Diablo 4 Necromaner.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Blueweed

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
i don't know what I am doing but just went beast master, wolves, totem spikes, totem electric and just up totem all passives. i never played epoch before, not sure how far it will carry me but lvl21 atm

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
For new players, there’s an in game guide that goes into deep detail about all the mechanics, stats, etc. You can even link whatever page you’re on to other people in game, so it’s great for answering people’s questions without actually needing to explain it yourself.

• 1Like

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
minor annoyance, but when you zone into a new zone it points your toward the exit/entrance you just came from. At least on my machine it is.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Digging the fuck out of runemaster. The game has some jank but its at the level where its more charming than annoying to me.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Caliane

Rare is the game that seamlessly interleaves narrative and gameplay. I've yet to understand why GGG expends resources explaining why the player is a murder hobo. I also suspect it's why the lead writer left a few years back.
I was contemplating this the other day. When I was complaining about this launching with an unfinished story.

PoE's story start to malachai/beast is fantastic. it has a perfect start. Peity, etc all keeps you in it, and everything builds up to the end. After that however.. ooph. Sin, and the beast retcon is blatantly tacked on. Kitava tacked on. They didnt' even bother to go insert any mention of this stuff into the acts 1-5 story anywhere so its not so much of a blatent retcon to the story. since 6-10 was done at once, that all does at least fit together itself... kindof. its blatantly an excuse to return to previous areas.
Atziri would have been a solid final boss. not sure why they didn't go with that. instead we at first got guardians/elder, and multivere madness. ok. then that gets retconned many times.
sirioius shit is completely retarded and lame, and again also completely tacked on.
Abyss, beyond, and other leagues having no relations to each other, and leaving no real marks on the land outside of the league. like, if we saw abyssal cultists outside of the league, ok. great. this is where prophecy and hinekora stuff works. Tied to the karui gods, these are characters we do hear of and talk to/about outside of the leagues.

D3 and 4.put way more focus on "story". I don't check out the d4 threads. but d3's story was so pants on head retarded, it hurt the game. which is again, because they put focus on it.
Poe's not really FOCUSED on the story, even in the first place. and then its opening story is then also fantastic.

Last epoch story... is incoherent on every level. even if you ignore the time travel and multiverse.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Made a decent amount of sense to me with the goddess leaving, fire bird wanting to seize power. The monoliths are fun "what if this happened instead" takes on mobs and bosses. This is where I think they can do a lot more, it's good stuff.

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
There’s a story? Lightning attack go brrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Vintage Vhs GIF by vhspositive

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 2Truth!
Reactions: 7 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
For new players, there’s an in game guide that goes into deep detail about all the mechanics, stats, etc. You can even link whatever page you’re on to other people in game, so it’s great for answering people’s questions without actually needing to explain it yourself.

You press G to access said Guide.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
and still having connecting issues.....

I got my first Legendary. The fire torch, that while better, is not what my Necro needed.

Want to buy a que system so I can see how long the wait is.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
and still having connecting issues.....

I got my first Legendary. The fire torch, that while better, is not what my Necro needed.

Want to buy a que system so I can see how long the wait is.
Is that the big club one you gain from the fire echo boss? If so that’s a build enabler for earthquake werebear and it’s fun as fuck.

If it’s the staff one, idk what build that’s good on, if any.

You press G to access said Guide.

I prefer to make people look at their keybind options, so they find all kinds of shit they didn’t realize existed.

• 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Warlock is so freakin fun, and looks fantastic visually. Started spin2win fire/smite pally and was having fun but wanted to try one of the newer classes to see what they felt like. Got pally to like 35 and then rolled up lock to like 25 or something and it's starting to come together. The visual upgrade to the last time I played this (years ago) is huge and while they could still work on the impact some abilities have, etc, its also much improved. It's not D4, but it's much better than it was. Probably going to roll up the invoker copy this weekend before deciding which class to push with.

All in all, a fun game - oh, and the loot filter is superb.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Because I have yet to advance past the Keep, is the bank a shared bank between characters?

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Warlock is so freakin fun, and looks fantastic visually. Started spin2win fire/smite pally and was having fun but wanted to try one of the newer classes to see what they felt like. Got pally to like 35 and then rolled up lock to like 25 or something and it's starting to come together. The visual upgrade to the last time I played this (years ago) is huge and while they could still work on the impact some abilities have, etc, its also much improved. It's not D4, but it's much better than it was. Probably going to roll up the invoker copy this weekend before deciding which class to push with.

All in all, a fun game - oh, and the loot filter is superb.

Warlock is one of the best classes I ever played in an rpg so far. I only got 2 skills deep but I loved both. The ground fissure spell and the chaos bolts. I was playing offline and started a mage on the online side but went back to lock this morning, so good.

not saying any mage archtype is bad but lock is just so visually appealing and fun.