Last Epoch

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I imported the first big filter I found. It seems like it’s mostly just taking out the whites. Still a billion useless yellows.

The filter system is set up such that you're supposed to be making your own on a per-character basis.

So if you're going crit and physcal damage you add those as highlighted mods, or HP/armor, or whatever combos you want. It's just a few button clicks in the interface to do it, so you really just need to take a few minutes to decide 'what would a good item for me look like?'.

Keep in mind as well you often will get a lot of value out of partial items that an open affix slot and can be crafted on, or if they have say two very strong rolls and two very junk rolls its likely worth using the glyph to remove a random affix and see what happens etc.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Now that I've started doing Monoliths, my fps is tanking on most maps. The biggest culprit is Warpath (Fire), feels bad at those times.

Edit: Desire sensor is strong. 99% of all set / uniques have been Acolyte classes.

Tide27

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I imported the first big filter I found. It seems like it’s mostly just taking out the whites. Still a billion useless yellows.
You can filter every item down to the very last stat that you are looking for. Once you figure it out, youll see that the loot filter is one of the greatest features of the game.

• 1Like

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
You can filter every item down to the very last stat that you are looking for. Once you figure it out, youll see that the loot filter is one of the greatest features of the game.
Alright I'll fuck around with it. I assumed it was like PoE where you just find the popular filter and you're done.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you know exactly what you want, the filter is great, but if you don't.. there are a ton of different options for every item type / sub-type to confuse / annoy you.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Alright I'll fuck around with it. I assumed it was like PoE where you just find the popular filter and you're done.
The loot filters that you see online are always very specific to that build. If you DL one and you’re seeing stuff that you think is trash, it’s likely that they’re showing up on purpose for you to Shatter for crafting mats that are specific for your crafting for that build later in the game when you’re crafting specific stuff.

DL every loot filter you see attached to a build guide and label what build they are for. A lot of them end up being very transferable to another build or class. I have something like 20 loot filters saved and labeled, it’s great.

Caliane

Bees for everyone!

ha interesting. I'm the only person I saw specifically calling them out on this. Said it a few times in the discord, but given how overrun that is, doubt they saw it. but, the reddit thread, where I brought it up in response to the game director/founder.. that may have been seen.
I mean sure, I hope the came to the same conclusion even without me saying it. anyone that saw in game chat just nonstop begging for friend referrals, discord, nonstop begging for referrals..

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Made a blade dancer to check out, those shadow daggers mechanics are dumb as fuck. How does some random shit that procs super easy do like 3k dmg at lvl 25. Absurd damage. Actually went the chapter 5 > mono path at 34, got to 46 after clearing the first timeline and was pretty easy just needed to fix some resists with the gear I got. Still squishy though but damage is absurd so working fine. I'll do another timeline before I do the dungeon though, with my current stats I'm pretty sure I'd get murdered and waste the key. I also need to figure out which unique I'll be upgrading and with what.

The loot filters that you see online are always very specific to that build. If you DL one and you’re seeing stuff that you think is trash, it’s likely that they’re showing up on purpose for you to Shatter for crafting mats that are specific for your crafting for that build later in the game when you’re crafting specific stuff.

DL every loot filter you see attached to a build guide and label what build they are for. A lot of them end up being very transferable to another build or class. I have something like 20 loot filters saved and labeled, it’s great.
It's also a lot easier adding some additional rule to an existing basic filter than to make the whole thing. I usually download the maxroll leveling filter, and then slap some additional recolors on it like items with 2 affixes of T3+, then 3 affixes of total tier of 8+ and it lets me see quicker the actual good stuff, but if I need like a ring or whatever the basic filter they have(which will show 2 affixes) will also show me that in normal gold. If I don't need anything anymore I just turn that off. Advantage is they have all the affixes already selected(I give it a check in case of), so I duplicate these and add the affix tier/amount/recolors to that instead of having to go find every affix myself.
Now that I've started doing Monoliths, my fps is tanking on most maps. The biggest culprit is Warpath (Fire), feels bad at those times.

Edit: Desire sensor is strong. 99% of all set / uniques have been Acolyte classes.
When I got to mono I had to turn down some shit on my Warlock, I set it to medium and it stopped lagging like shit, I tweaked it further after(shadows to low, grass to none this kind of stuff while increasing ground texture back since I doubt that does anything) and works fine now. I'd assume the shadows is as usual one of the culprits but not sure as I left some of the other stuff at medium too. Quality isn't affected much by most of these settings anyway, it's not the best looking game in the market to begin with. Just don't reduce shadows to very low cause that just kinda removes them entirely and the game looks weird.

Caliane

haha. yeah. told you. Shadow cascade is just nuts, and makes everything else feel like shit.

I'm seeing some warlock builds are supposed to be kindof crazy too though.
action arpg dude was playing this. I think he might have adjusted it, his twitch play didn't seem to match this 1to1.

just bonkers. rift casting spirits to curse, casting chaos bolts, which scale with chaos bolt spec, those chaos bolts then ALSO casting bone curse, AND rip, both of which are also specced.
1 button, 4 skills being cast.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
This is a good video on crafting, I even learned some stuff from it and I thought I had it figured out. Mainly being able to combine a Unique with other items to add more stats to the Unique as well as remove the level requirements. That way when you start new runs with a new character you can blow through the story faster.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
haha. yeah. told you. Shadow cascade is just nuts, and makes everything else feel like shit.

action arpg dude was playing this. I think he might have adjusted it, his twitch play didn't seem to match this 1to1.

just bonkers. rift casting spirits to curse, casting chaos bolts, which scale with chaos bolt spec, those chaos bolts then ALSO casting bone curse, AND rip, both of which are also specced.

I've only got 3 of 5 skills unlocked for the warlock and it's one of the funnest classes I've ever played.

• 1Like

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Do you have challenges in cycles?....i can't seem to find anything in the UI.

so far I still feel like the game needs more challenge but I’m not as far as I’d like in the campaign anyway.

Khane

Got something right about marriage

Nice, I was actually trying to make this exact build since yesterday and was having trouble with mana management (which is another reason this game feels so mediocre to play) and I think you saved me a lot of headaches inadvertently lol

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Nice, I was actually trying to make this exact build since yesterday and was having trouble with mana management (which is another reason this game feels so mediocre to play) and I think you saved me a lot of headaches inadvertently lol
It’s not like mana management is some handicap you have to deal with forever. There are tools to deal with it. I don’t have mana issues on a single one of my many higher level characters.

Every post you make feels like you’re grasping at anything you can to shit on the game. Give it a rest Debbie downer.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Caliane

Thats what you got from his post? weird.

anyway. yeah. mana in this tends to be a use/builder system. some skills have zero cost, some have high costs, others outright regen mana/life.

like, rogue deep in the passive tree has a passive that regens life/mana on hit with a zero mana skill. cinderstrike, puncture, flurry for example can be done for this.
or, a bunch of the falcon skills regen mana/life on hit.
generally ANY skill that has a mana cost, also, has mana cost reductions, which help alot.

that warlock build actually looks like its fairly limited in mana regain. chaos bolts is perked to give mana/life on hit though.