Last Epoch

Caliane

I wouldn't use any of that including caltrops. Gotta remember, almost all your damage is actually from shadow daggers and bladestorms. I copied McFluffin's build for the most part, and it just uses a bunch of utility effects on Aerial Assault. Wish there was a way to approximate DPS for this build, not really sure how much damage sword/dagger dual wield adds compared to the potential defense boost I could get from dropping the sword for a Cradle of the Erased shield. Still have to find a shield and then pray to RNGesus that the weaver's will actually gives it the right stats before I can do any testing myself.

Caltrops would be awesome if they dropped at the landing, since it seems they continually trigger Skyward Swoop... but as it stands they're useless except for dragon-size bosses.
Update on this, and my falcon build. I looked at maxroll.gg's falcon guides and don't like any of them.
mcfluffins might be the best, but even it has problems imho.

so, playing falconer you'll notice a few things. 1. falcon it just stupid strong. 2. divebomb/aerial assaults CDs are pretty short, and with the right perks and cdr, you can alternate between them, and not have to use any other skill... bosses that don't instantly die to one of those two, might require falcon strikes. which is a boss killer.. and falcons passive dps is nuts as well.

literally I have falconry, aerial assault and dive bomb specced, and ????? for the other two. shift is an option, but sharesCD with aerial assault. but its a more defensive option.. smokebomb is very much an option. pure defensive, could be incorporated into afew of the falcon skills.
but like ANY build that uses net, explosive trap, etc as damage... when?
Trash gear atm 2.6sCD on aerial assualt, 3.2s cd on dive bomb. 8s on falcon strikes. and this is without them each reducing each others CD..

mcfluffins build doesnt spec falconry? why the hell not?
falconers journey. "falcon deals 1% more damage per character level, and 1%more damage per dex.
this is 61% more damage x 47% more damage on my rogue atm.

is it a bird.
"falcon deals 15% more damage. tripled for falcon strikes." global. this is 15% MORE aerial assualt and dive bomb too. 45% more for falcon strikes.

agile pray.
"falcon deals 10% more damage. tripled for moving targets. I don't know of a way to expressly take advantage to the moving. like forced move.

rending talons.
(50-200% of your ailments apply to all falcon hits" bleed, poison, shred armor, shred elements, slow.

avian stamina. falcon strikes hits added times. 16% increased falcon melee speed. (second part should be global)
trained to hunt
falcon gains 75% of YOUR highest damage, bow or throwing increased damage.
go for the eyes.
75% of your highest crit goes to the bird.

feather knives.
easy to overlook skill here. your falcon uses feather knives on a 10s cd. also, throws a feather knife when you consume a falconers mark.
physical, throwing, minion. 250% added effectiveness.

This is an auto attack. the bird will just do this on attack every 10s.

skychasher then applies 75-225 of your throwing attack speed, as CDR to feather knives.

This is what I'm looking at. raw dex/stats, CDR, throwing damage/speed is priority on gear. but added pys shred, etc good too.

Defense from shield is ideal. added onto all the damage reduction while moving. always moving.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Update on this, and my falcon build. I looked at maxroll.gg's falcon guides and don't like any of them.
mcfluffins might be the best, but even it has problems imho.
If you don't like McFluffin's build, check out this one:

With that one you use the bird instead of net+puncture, and it uses a shield instead of dual wield for 100% glancing blows.

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
What faction did you guys end up with?

I thought of going Merchants Guild but it seems its a bit more complicated than buying gear for gold from other players? Is Fortune better for a first run?

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Q.png

Caliane

If you don't like McFluffin's build, check out this one:

With that one you use the bird instead of net+puncture, and it uses a shield instead of dual wield for 100% glancing blows.
yeah, there you go. I mean that is pretty much my build. theres a few small changes here and there.
The 8 in bladedancer is the big standout, but a great idea for that dex and glancing blow.
I would absolutely endorse this build over mcfluffins. if you are still running that other one, try swapping over. I highly doubt you will regret it.

I question Aerial prowess. spamming divebomb and AA to get those 36stacks I would think, despite their claims. how can the bird possibly hit and crit 36 times in every 1.5s?
kindof the same with exsanguinating strike. trash isnt living long enough to get 30 stacks of bleed for 30% more damage.

featherfall versus on wings and shadow is something Im going to test next. almost nothing survives divebomb..so its tough. need to head to the dummies I guess.
avian arsenal is also "to be tested" they are using it... but, we aren't attacking anything ourselves, do we actually proc the mark? if so, yes get that perk for sure.

and anyone else in general, yeah follow this guide. gearing seems 100% on point. im dling the loot filter, and will review that and see if its solid as well.

Last edited:

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Runemaster is absolutely wild. I just realized if you swap out say fireball for the fire leap ability it changes the spells with all fire combos, I figured it would be the same.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Is there a benefit to grouping? Are people joining up for monoliths? More loot or something in a group?

I had max character sometime ago and started fresh for the release. I’m around level 50ish doing normal campaign.

I’m a zoo bruh and noticed the itemization seems to have changed. Previously I ran one of each pet and geared out completely in poison and bleed gear. It was fine on trash(what isn’t?) but with bosses I could get around 150 stacks and they just vanished in under 10 seconds. Now it seems like those prefixes/affixes are only on idols, is that correct?

anyway. Still enjoying it and thinking I maybe go shit trade faction just to be an ass? Anyone who follows dev team do they have notes about changing it? What’s the pleb/public feedback on it? Gold is basically useless right?

You doing just pets and running around or running Swipe? I'm using a build template from 0.9 update but that doesn't appear to have changed. It uses Swipe but I'd prefer a full Zoo build without an active attack if you have a good one.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This is the first time I've ever really dove into crafting in LE and I can see now why everyone raves about it. It's a really good system. Maybe in the best in any RPG
Makes me really appreciate those glyph and shard nodes in Monolith.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
This is the first time I've ever really dove into crafting in LE and I can see now why everyone raves about it. It's a really good system. Maybe in the best in any RPG
I’m a PoE apologist for the most part, but LE’s crafting isn’t as braindead nor easy mode as some PoE fanboys make it to be. It’s pretty good. And I don’t feel overly punished tweaking leveling gear early on either.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I've been playing a couple characters off and on, highest I think is like 25? I think the biggest problem I have, and this might be illusory just where I'm at now, but there doesn't really seem to be a need to use that many skills. Since there doesn't seem to be many purely utility or passives, I've ended up like builder + spender + movement + leave 2 blank. Am I just missing something? It seems at first glance that whatever your most efficient spender is that you gear for works best.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I know its officially just been out now, but i had it for a couple years or something, just didnt play since no MP. So ignoring D4 and its failure to keep people once they hit max level. How does this hold up? I played a lot of Grim Dawn and PoE so trying to see where it fits.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I know its officially just been out now, but i had it for a couple years or something, just didnt play since no MP. So ignoring D4 and its failure to keep people once they hit max level. How does this hold up? I played a lot of Grim Dawn and PoE so trying to see where it fits.

They elected to leave the campaign unfinished to work on end game which was the right choice imo. It's got a decent amount of end game content. Nothing will compare to PoE, and this has slightly less end game stuff than Grim Dawn but it's miles ahead of D3/D4

Caliane

its cleaned up and tightened up ALOT over the years. even the most recent patch went a long way with helping with much of the floatyness.
added way more systems and loot over time as well. legendary potential, weavers will, etc.

its at least on par with grim dawn. might be better and will probably keep improving.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I've been playing a couple characters off and on, highest I think is like 25? I think the biggest problem I have, and this might be illusory just where I'm at now, but there doesn't really seem to be a need to use that many skills. Since there doesn't seem to be many purely utility or passives, I've ended up like builder + spender + movement + leave 2 blank. Am I just missing something? It seems at first glance that whatever your most efficient spender is that you gear for works best.

The skills themselves change and morph quite a bit as you level them and most end up having synergies with other skills. The skill trees themselves are really what you gear around

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Completed the Campaign for now and started doing some Monoliths.

Getting lots of upgrades now but how do pets scale off Weapons etc? I still rock that Unique Wand I found that adds minion damage. But found a Purple Wand now with lots more Lightning spell damage etc. Would that be a downgrade?

Caliane

Getting lots of upgrades now but how do pets scale off Weapons etc? I still rock that Unique Wand I found that adds minion damage. But found a Purple Wand now with lots more Lightning spell damage etc. Would that be a downgrade?
generally yes. unless the pet specifically has passives that allows it to scale? otherwise % inc minion damage, int/dex or whatever stat it says it scales with specifically, added minion damage.

I assume necro since you said wand?

Like Falcon we were discussing specifically has passives that cause it to scale with your stats. most others don't.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>

Mentionned it before but there is an ingame mechanics glossary(game guide, G by default I think?) that explains the basics for most things like this.
Last Epoch Screenshot 2024.02.24 - 20.42.32.95.png

Basically only look for stats that say "minions gain" things to affect your minions, everything else only affects you, with the exception of Intelligence(or whatever main stat the minion is based of, Acolyte minions are int, Primalist are Strength or Attunement, Rogue are dex, Void Knight are strength and such)

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users