Last Epoch

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So I am doing Monoliths and the level on them are going up. Do you stay in a lower "Timeline" if you need to level up? Or do you reset it somehow?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
So I am doing Monoliths and the level on them are going up. Do you stay in a lower "Timeline" if you need to level up? Or do you reset it somehow?

The most efficient way is to go up the right side because they have the best early blessings, then do the 3 level 90 monoliths, then empower and start doing those. Area Level means basically nothing in this game for some reason.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Most of the builds don't get "fun" until you've specced into the trees in a way that compliments your main damage skill.

And I know Hateyou Hateyou is going to flame me again for this, but Mana is a huge deterring factor on a lot of skills early. It's just not fun to play around with the "tools" they give you until you have a lot of points specced into "mana battery" points on the skill trees.
Nah mana does suck early game. Once you start getting into the 40s and 50s you are able to start deal with it more via items, passives, or skills that cast them for free is all I was saying. Some classes have ways to deal with it from very early (like mana strike) while others don’t. It’s not something that you must always deal with which was how I read your original statement.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Anyone played different version of the falconer build. I know there’s Mcfluffins Shadow Blades, Allie’s shadow blade 1 button and Bina’s builds ballistic build. Anyone can let me know which is the better out the three?

Khane

Nah mana does suck early game. Once you start getting into the 40s and 50s you are able to start deal with it more via items, passives, or skills that cast them for free is all I was saying. Some classes have ways to deal with it from very early (like mana strike) while others don’t. It’s not something that you must always deal with which was how I read your original statement.

Which is the problem. Other ARPGs give you ways to deal with mana early, usually via potions, or mana regen auras and the like. LE has... nothing. Which sucks.

When I made that Warlock and I opened up the mastery I had 64 mana, and the Warlock class skill Cthonic Fissure costs 44 mana. Which was the reason I was annoyed and made the comment. That's absurd and there is no counteraction for it early. Bad game design IMO, even if it becomes a non issue later. It sucks having to focus heavily on making your Class defining skill usable by dumping a ton of gear and skill focus into Mana.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Which is the problem. Other ARPGs give you ways to deal with mana early, usually via potions, or mana regen auras and the like. LE has... nothing. Which sucks.

When I made that Warlock and I opened up the mastery I had 64 mana, and the Warlock class skill Cthonic Fissure costs 44 mana. Which was the reason I was annoyed and made the comment. That's absurd and there is no counteraction for it early. Bad game design IMO, even if it becomes a non issue later. It sucks having to focus heavily on making your Class defining skill usable by dumping a ton of gear and skill focus into Mana.
This is the same problem I had with playing a warlock too. Cthonic Fissure eats up so much mana and the proc it does uses mana so I’m constantly out of mana which is highly annoying. I found myself kiting mobs and until I have enough mana to cast it and that is not fun gameplay. Then I had to invest tons of points into mana regen and plus mana gear to sustain the spell which helped some.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team

Getting the right unique to supplement a build can also make things much more enjoyable.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
So I have found a couple items the are yellow magic items but they are like a lighter yellow color then the normal yellow tint. Any idea what that means?

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
So I have found a couple items the are yellow magic items but they are like a lighter yellow color then the normal yellow tint. Any idea what that means?
Don't know, but I do know occasionally you'll get experimental items, and I typically found those from killing the imprisoned mages. It could be something like that. They typically have effects that are way different than the normal drops.

Turn on always good but I found a couple that are pretty useful.

• 1Like

Khane

Don't know, but I do know occasionally you'll get experimental items, and I typically found those from killing the imprisoned mages. It could be something like that. They typically have effects that are way different than the normal drops.

Turn on always good but I found a couple that are pretty useful.

Experimental items only drop from imprisoned mages, and the runes that let you turn those affixes into seals also only drop from those mages. They can also drop upgraded (to tier 7) and drop exalted items as well.

The loot in this game is very interesting and leaves a lot of options for crafting. It's still RNG based and you only have so much forge potential, but it all works together in a very satisfying way.

• 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Experimental items only drop from imprisoned mages, and the runes that let you turn those affixes into seals also only drop from those mages. They can also drop upgraded (to tier 7) and drop exalted items as well.

The loot in this game is very interesting and leaves a lot of options for crafting. It's still RNG based and you only have so much forge potential, but it all works together in a very satisfying way.
Yeah I wasn't certain if maybe those are just relatively rare, or if it was from the mages. I guess we're almost like the treasure goblins from Diablo 3 except they can kick your ass.

They almost seem harder than those bosses but maybe it's because you randomly find them in a small room or hallway and it's next to impossible to get away from there magic BS.

Or maybe I'm just getting old.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I can adjust the difficulty? I've just been doing the increases as I did the blessings or whatever.
Yeah, defeating Orobyss within the mono to add corruption. You continuously push corruption higher and it gets harder and harder. Some items only drop at certain corruption thresholds.

In build guides, videos, forums you’ll see people say “I can do 500 corruption easily with this build” or whatever number to discuss how strong the build is.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If they are the ones I've seen, they are special rares, like weak uniques. Usually named, and sometimes found in the big map chests. The first one you'll get is in the Fortress Garden, a spear. After that one is Orian's Spear. Then many more.

• 1Like

Caliane

last epoch rogue discord mentioned a very interesting falconer variant.
Allie's largely has taken over. a few people still in insisting shadowdagger is as good.

First, this is where I'm at atm.

Theres a few things about Allies build I just can't get behind.
Much of it is too situational.

Aerial prowess in AA. theres like 1second between AA and divebombs. theres not time to get 36 stacks of that shit. don't pretend you are getting 36% more damage on divebomb..
Ambush, slayer of big prey is better. 50-100% more damage on AA all the time. and increase aoe size.

falconers mark same problem. we aren't directly attacking. shadow dagger procs DO consume it, and proc it and avian arsenal. but its so irregular. Avian arsenal is extremely strong if we were doing it constantly. but we arent.

dive bomb. on wings and shadow. we spawn shadows on aa kill, so not bosses. and in smoke bomb in its large CD.
not working for me at all. bugged. but even if it wasn't.. its a bit unreliable. theres other more reliable places we can be investing in.

But now, the new idea.

Sync strike. 10 points in bladedancer.
we are already 8 points in, for dex/glancing blow.

sync strike is a direct attack, so can proc Avian Arsenal. (300% bird damage increase.) spawns 4 shadows on a .7s cd. so will always be up to spawn shadows for divebomb.

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Aerial prowess in AA. theres like 1second between AA and divebombs. theres not time to get 36 stacks of that shit. don't pretend you are getting 36% more damage on divebomb..
Ambush, slayer of big prey is better. 50-100% more damage on AA all the time. and increase aoe size.
Wait, what? Wing Burst is a fairly trivial amount of damage, but it's just there to deliver a bunch of shadow daggers. I agree there's no way you're actually getting 36 stacks of Aerial Prowess, but there's not really anything better. I only put two points into it for 24 max stacks, and put the last point into Avian Hunter. I guess you could take the rest of the Aerial Prowess points out and max Healing Gust and Avian Hunter, but I doubt it would change much.

falconers mark same problem. we aren't directly attacking. shadow dagger procs DO consume it, and proc it and avian arsenal. but its so irregular. Avian arsenal is extremely strong if we were doing it constantly. but we arent.
I dunno, Falconer's Mark looks like another case of there's nothing else worth taking. It's not a massive damage increase, but it's not terrible either.

dive bomb. on wings and shadow. we spawn shadows on aa kill, so not bosses. and in smoke bomb in its large CD.
not working for me at all. bugged. but even if it wasn't.. its a bit unreliable. theres other more reliable places we can be investing in.
Are you sure it's not working for you? On Wings and Shadow is just there to enable Dancing Shadows, which I was under the impression is the reason why you end up with bladestorms that last just about forever inside a smoke cloud.

Sync strike.
Having to use Sync Strike was always the biggest con of playing bladedancer.