Last Epoch

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Anyone else play with a controller or steam deck and figure out a way to not max distance cast targettable attacks? I point myself at a pack and hit Aerial Assault and it often flies me over the pack to the edge of the screen...

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Anyone else play with a controller or steam deck and figure out a way to not max distance cast targettable attacks? I point myself at a pack and hit Aerial Assault and it often flies me over the pack to the edge of the screen...
No. Traversal skills have always had this problem. It can soft lock on to a mob and do a shorter attack, but it usually doesn't and just does a full distance. Aiming as best you can at the mob you want to hit is the best bet at short distances but I always just try to end up attacking early so i move to them and hit. People have been asking for a lock-on feature for a long time. Perhaps they will do it now that the community is larger.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Pretty sure he’s wrong. In the first few seconds of the video you can see his runes going down by 2 in the crafting window but when he pulls up his main crafting window it only deducted 1. Also all the commenters are saying the refund thing is only on circle of fortune items. So a visual bug plus him not doing it right/understanding the refund system.

He didn’t read the entire instruction I guess.

View attachment 516940
Thanks, didn't know if it was something to be wary of.

I didn't check the comment section, but again I don't know anything about high level crafting. At least I know now to pay attention to those tags later on when I start doing the faction stuff.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I think they need to smooth the curve out a bit for the faction grind. It took me ~50 hours to get to rank 8, which on CoF isn't that big a deal because you're getting rewards every rank but for Merchant it kinda sucks cuz you can't get what you really want (LP Uniques) until then and 50 hours could mean weeks for most people.

The grind is insane, if you're actually just grinding out reputation.

But yeah, they need to smooth things out for sure. They seem to be fixing bugs though without announcing some of them. For example, I was always getting 1 chest when dying in a monolith back when I died some. I wouldnt get the gold chest but I'd get the one on the right. I died last night (somehow lol) and realized it gave me no chests at all.

So they are fixing some stuff. Maybe they will fix the grind too.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not yet, but that is why stopped using a controller, since trying to target a specific mob...even if it's the only mob on the screen is unreliable.

Caliane

Here's my profile.

I don't know if you were following a guide or anything .but binaqc has a build similar. he also did something I was going to mention, but erased. possibly 10 in abyssal end for the hp/resist.

Mfcluffin is also atm running a paladin. but his guide and what hes currently playing don't match. and I dont know what his char name is to link it.
got it. mcfluffin/mchans

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
The grind is insane, if you're actually just grinding out reputation.

But yeah, they need to smooth things out for sure. They seem to be fixing bugs though without announcing some of them. For example, I was always getting 1 chest when dying in a monolith back when I died some. I wouldnt get the gold chest but I'd get the one on the right. I died last night (somehow lol) and realized it gave me no chests at all.

So they are fixing some stuff. Maybe they will fix the grind too.
Doesn’t the faction stuff carry across all characters? Like it’s not 50 hours per character right?

Seems annoying for the first character but if you’re playing several it seems reasonable, I guess. Still kind of weird that tiers of trading is tied to a faction grind.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Doesn’t the faction stuff carry across all characters? Like it’s not 50 hours per character right?

Seems annoying for the first character but if you’re playing several it seems reasonable, I guess. Still kind of weird that tiers of trading is tied to a faction grind.

It's account wide but it'll take significantly longer if you're switching characters because of the exp scaling with higher corruption. I was level 98 when I hit rank 8.

Some of the streamers who have been playing for years did it in about 30 hours, efficiency and all that. But that's still a significant amount of time to spend before you can actually trade for what you want lol.

Needless

Toe Sucker
what autismo youtuber has a good guide for crafting?

edit: nvm i figured it out its very simple, this crafting system is awesome wtf i just made my shit like 3x as good lol

Last edited:

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Wraithlord helmet is busted jeeeesus.

Using this guys build and I dont even have the gear for it and it one shots everything lol.

I started leveling a necromancer today just to try this build. I was playing a torment warlock but the gameplay felt too much like D4 flamewall sorc so I started looking for another build and came across RaizQT build. It was either his or Perrythepig's Healinghands Crit paladin. I chose the Wraithlord since the helmet is so easy to get.

• 1Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
what autismo youtuber has a good guide for crafting?

edit: nvm i figured it out its very simple, this crafting system is awesome wtf i just made my shit like 3x as good lol

I looked yesterday but haven't started playing. I noticed Rhykker from Diablo shit is all over Last Epoch now. I would not recommend him lol.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Should I be filling the Kill Monsters meter in Echoes or just moving on when I kill the objective?

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I'm having the same issue on my runemaster, going to farm the first tier monoliths until I get better gear and go back to kill her. I respecced a lot of points in defensive abilities and still getting rekt when she gets on you.

What spec are you using on runemaster? I steamrolled her, don't think I did much moving at all but maybe I was running around in circles a little bit, I forget. Decent amounts of ward on cast stuff and then flame ward kept me pretty comfy for most of the bosses. Lagon did require me to run around a lot, though. He was the only boss I died to tried to sit through his laser breath attack while I was low on ward to begin with lol).

turbo

Molten Core Raider
I am trader too. I am not sure how you can't buy uniques w/LP. Are you not rank 8 yet? Just *list* an item and then unlist it. Rinse/repeat. Makes rank 10 pretty ez to get with typical favor farming, and it earns the most amount of rep possible, you get more per point doing that than gambling from that merchant vendor. You blow your favor that way, but its quick level up for the most part.

But yeah, I have a friend thats cof and while it's nice, trader is much easier to play for my style. I dont want to sift through tons of loot. I want to get money, then buy what i need. Meanwhile I'm on snore while my friend keeps sorting through all his loot.
Really odd, i've purchased a fair share of items with favor plus listed but as I said 2 lvl 85-90+ characters atm. I've never used the gambler, all my items I bought were things like 2 LP bhaulders and high value T7+ XXX weapon combo's to use in planned Julra combines etc. Just got to lvl 7 last night. Oh well soon as I have lvl 8 life will be good.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
What spec are you using on runemaster? I steamrolled her, don't think I did much moving at all but maybe I was running around in circles a little bit, I forget. Decent amounts of ward on cast stuff and then flame ward kept me pretty comfy for most of the bosses. Lagon did require me to run around a lot, though. He was the only boss I died to tried to sit through his laser breath attack while I was low on ward to begin with lol).
Yeah when I did her on my fire sorc it was really easy cause of ward on hit on frost claw(converted to fire), and anytime you drop below 70% hp if you get hit by a big thing, your mage passive procs(should put points in it at least so it does) which gives you a ton of ward, and then flame ward with double charge for when shit is going wrong/you can predict dmg coming(like during her blood nova I'd just pop flame ward instead of moving). I also still had the Erza ledger quest gloves for 3% elemental leech at that point, but they didn't really do anything since I was always on ward pretty much.

Mages should have no issues with "health" sustain because of all the ward generation in masteries(runemaster especially has the 40ward per cast one, I had that on my sorc not maxed but it's still a large amount of ward) and flame ward imo. Add to that resists and I don't know how you'd die to her attacks unless not casting. Maybe channels? But Runemaster has a passive for that too, Sorc does get fucked if you just use channels though, it's somewhat poorly supported unlike Acolyte(by dipping into warlock). Disintegrate has good defensive options in the skill tree itself though so you can make it work, just no double defense systems like you can see with warlock stuff.

Should I be filling the Kill Monsters meter in Echoes or just moving on when I kill the objective?
Move on. Not only do you get more stability running another map to get the base reward stability twice versus just building the bonus, but you also get more rewards from the end reward chests. Only time it's worth farming additional is in empowered monolith if you find a high density map kind of thing, but for progression or for generic maps just starting another will yield more rewards overall.

• 1Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I just gotta figure out to venodr all the shit I pick up, it skipped that part.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I didn't have issues with the squid boy or the snake bitch. Maybe it's because I went Sentinel? Pretty much face tanked them both.

• 1Like