Last Oasis

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Open world survival game with big land walking crabs releasing on Steam September 3rd. Looks kind of crazy but I'm a sucker for games like this.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Flattop

Trakanon Raider
The core group that developed this developed the "C-rpg mod" for Warband, the most popular multiplayer mod for Warband. They left that to develop "Of Kings and Men", which was a fucking flop and made a lot of angry nerds who helped fund the project. The following is a response from the developer to that community:

Mostly for heskey, but feel free to read anyway:

Look, I get it you're angry as fuck about the OKAM fiasko. I'm not even saying you're wrong, if it meant so much to you, I guess it feels like something very dear to you died, as it did for many of us.

The simple and complicated reality is that we were passionate, but young and naive and inexperienced, and I made many passionate, naive and inexperienced, and possibly downright stupid decisions that ultimately culminated in OKAMs downfall and nearly the end of our story in this industry. I'm not proud of that, but it was the most valuable experience I've ever received, but I, like you, wish it wouldn't have come at a price like this. Feel free to call me a fucking idiot. I often think about at what point should I have done what differently to have avoided what happened.

What you call "intransparency" is one of the results of this, we don't talk about stuff we're doing anymore unless we're certain we can pull it off. Or, to be more exact, we'll talk about it after we've pulled it off.

We're not here looking for money, or your blessing. We're looking for someone passionate, but possibly young and naive and inexperienced, who wants to work on fucking video games. Who wants to really get into the core of it and understand how it all works. Who has dreams of making games because he thinks that's what he should do with his life. Because we can show him now, not everything, but a little bit, about how this whole thing works. And because I wish someone would have shown that to me.

This comment from a thread posted by Chadz of Donkey Crew on c-rpg forums here :
Last Oasis Announcement

C-rpg mod for Warband was one of my all time favorite games, and with Bannerlord looking like shit, I wish the servers were still banging like the old days. Maybe Last Oasis will have some very polished directional combat with lots of fashion options and character stat building. Good luck.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
At first I was like "Meh" then I heard the didgeridoo in the trailer and now i'm intrigued.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Some one gifted it to me ( I didn't want to play) and we were pretty hardcore in Atlas. Our 3-4 man squad was basically a terrorist squad for hire. Working our way up, seems okay. Some server crashes already. No teleporting chinese men... yet.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Game runs really well for day one...about 85,000 times better than atlas. Combat is also in a different league than atlas.

Cybsled

Ya, combat is more like Mount and Blade. apparently the Chinese gank squads were a thing in beta, so I suspect the cheat crew will resurge now that this is out

Flattop

Trakanon Raider
My C-rpg Warband Mod ( which donkey team developed) guildies are digging this, more than bannerlord it seems.

The Directional combat is good, a little too flash imo, but I think I can get use to it. There’s a few things you can turn off in options (like mouse smoothing) to make it less fucky.

Fighting wondering hairy goblin monkeys is a plus in my book.

I fucking hate foraging/crafting shit that takes hours and you get 5 minutes of action or lose it all to whatever. This seems pretty easy to just grab and build though.

UI is a little fuckedy but there’s a lot of shit going on and triggers my adhd.

I’m on west 63 with my c-rpg/warband mod clan. Anyone here interested in running naked in the desert with some old warband fags let me know.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
Awww yeah, here are the server launch problems that plagued Atlas! Feels like a real game launch now!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Yeah its apparently plagued by some serious backend issues right now. The game was running great until that database starting filling up.

I hope they get it sorted out soon because I'm really liking the game!

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Not sure if I'll play this but the streams are hilarious.

Weird ass vehicles and stuff.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I have 9 hours played on steam. I was in-game for maybe 5-6 of them. Think about that shit. I haven't been able to get on since Thursday night.

They're going to drive the normies out before the game has even begun. Normies can't handle sitting in queue for 10 minutes, let alone 2 hours. They dun goof'd.

Cybsled

Looks like servers are down for 1 week while they try to figure out the issues with servers

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
They’re offering refunds regardless of playtime. No one in my group is refunding we’re all just bummed we can’t play.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Amod Amod want to move this into the already made, correctly titled thread? :)

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Amod Amod want to move this into the already made, correctly titled thread? :)

thank you

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user