League Of Legends

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Distinct lack of hype for season 5 from the community. I think league is kind of at a tipping point. Tons of people frustrated with the server issues, huge shakeup with competitive structuring that no one really seems to be excited about. It feels like Riot's general glacial pace and lack of responsiveness is finally turning people off.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I didn't have any server issues until just a few days ago but I've caught it. I just randomly spike a couple times a game and maybe DC briefly every other game.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Distinct lack of hype for season 5 from the community. I think league is kind of at a tipping point. Tons of people frustrated with the server issues, huge shakeup with competitive structuring that no one really seems to be excited about. It feels like Riot's general glacial pace and lack of responsiveness is finally turning people off.
Depends. League still has the most viewers on Twitch even without LCS going on. This is just a lull period. I know Ive played like 2 games in the past 3 weeks mainly waiting for S5 to start and Im ready to watch some LCS again.

Reading the new S5 changes has me the most excited of any season yet. They finally addressed a lot of the format issues. Every game is going to be meaningful, similarly to how each NFL game is very important. And some of the best drama could be the fight to stay out of that 10th spot. And now the Spring split is actually meaningful which in the past it was essentially a pre-season to the Summer split which actually determined qualifiers to Worlds.

And we've still yet to hear about any changes to Fantasy LCS which were quite fun last split and kept people interested.

Finally, eSports and League specifically have been getting more publicity on major networks, but mostly for Worlds coverage. With networks growing more familiar with the scene, you might actually see some coverage pre-Worlds this time around.

I think once January 22nd is here you'll see the attention, hype, publicity, and fan fervor be higher than its ever been.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Dude, it's the off-season.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
There's consistently been S5-related posts hitting the front page of reddit even in the off season. That seems pretty big to me. And the schedules JUST got announced so we're still a ways out.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
If you duo ranked with your Bronze 4 brother, does he insist on playing high skill-cap heroes or the most important of roles (usually with a terrible choice for it that only a smurf can make successful)? Mine does and it makes me not want to play with him =/.
He has been guilty of watching Trick2G and deciding on a new main every other day. Then thinking his fail-udyr games aren't at all his fault and describing in detail the mistakes his teammates made.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I've had so many bizarre games this week. Lots of double tops, lots of troll games that turn out to be like a game of dominion where people just run around at random fighting.

I also can't seem to get top Lane ever.

Rais

Trakanon Raider
Ya the random tris or vayne top is annoying. Still not as bad as the LNA server with udyr/teemo support tho.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Dude, it's the off-season.
I get this, but out of the 7 or so people I actually play with on a regular basis zero are playing now, which has never been the case before. I haven't played a game in like a week. OGN started with very little hype. There are massive changes in EU and NA but a lot of the most popular figures are gone. And most of all playing the game right now is the least rewarding it has ever felt, and that isn't just a personal view, go hang out on Reddit for two days and it feels completely different than it used to. It's not that I don't enjoy the game itself, I still do, it's that they have made the process of playing it super frustrating at the moment.

Bain

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Conversely, I just came back from a break to play more League because the changes seemed interesting.

Tortfeasor

Molten Core Raider
Man, the bloodmoon thresh skin is badass
rrr_img_87478.jpg

rrr_img_87479.jpg