League Of Legends

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Look at this scrub and his +18 wins.

rrr_img_91898.png

It's not the most transparent system in the world, that's for sure. I miss just having Elo.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I'm the new guy thats never played LoL or any MOBA before and I don't have the level 30 or runes yet. I'm level 8 and have only been playing 5v5 against AI on beginner. I bought Annie and Nunu and have also been playing Vladimir this week as he is one of the free rotation.

My plan was to just do games vs. AI until 30 and then read about runes then. Does that sound like a good plan and is there a good rune guide out there for me to read?
Once you have the mechanics of playing down, never play against A unless you want to practice with a champ by yourself.

Otherwise just play with people and turn chat off.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
It's definitely possible if you play enough games. You could get placed into Bronze and then grind a few thousand games with a 50.2 win percentage and never really go anywhere. The system is going to be damn certain you are where you are supposed to be and your gains are going to be miniscule. You also have no idea how much any game you won or lost was in your favor or against as determined by the matchmaking.

littles

Lord Nagafen Raider
Thanks for all the of advice, I am level 30 but I grinded aram all the way there so my last hitting mechanics aren't very good nor is my map awareness. I have watched a bunch of pro streamers/lcs play and get what the current meta is. Have an ok champ pool of about 30 champs along with the basic ap/ad runes and masteries set up. I guess I will just grind normals until I get a better feel for the game then jump into ranked.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
It's definitely possible if you play enough games. You could get placed into Bronze and then grind a few thousand games with a 50.2 win percentage and never really go anywhere. The system is going to be damn certain you are where you are supposed to be and your gains are going to be miniscule. You also have no idea how much any game you won or lost was in your favor or against as determined by the matchmaking.
Even at only 10 points a win, you'd be out of bronze with a 50+ win column. It's a bullshit story.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Even at only 10 points a win, you'd be out of bronze with a 50+ win column. It's a bullshit story.
Oh I wouldn't doubt his story as being supremely exaggerated or wrong, but this problem DOES exist and there's a bunch of people who have experienced it. +0 LPalwayssucks no matter what division you are and it shouldn't be a fucking thing in the first place. If they want to use divisions, fine, but actually USE them. They're currently using MMR and just dressing it up in a way that just makes it shittier to experience in a lot of ways. The fact that it's possible for a Diamond 1-MMR player to intentionally keep themselves in Bronze while still getting matched with Diamond players should be a clear sign that the system is not well designed.

Edit: Oh, and they're restricting duo queuing based on divisions and not MMR too, so you can have people being matched against each other who aren't allowed to queue together, which just further increases the "wtf is going on" questions players end up with.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
You know that wins and losses are not equal, right? And that the more games you play without advancing the system becomes more and more convinced that you are at your proper rating and the value of any win or loss decreases, right?

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
You know that wins and losses are not equal, right? And that the more games you play without advancing the system becomes more and more convinced that you are at your proper rating and the value of any win or loss decreases, right?
So you think the likely story is that Wizardhawk played thousands of games, happened to have his losses count more than his wins despite the fact that he has a positive record and remained Bronze vs. he's full of it.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
No shit, we are talking about 50+ games in the positive. At a "50.2 win percentage" that's 25,000+ games played, a literal impossibility over a season.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
It's not, he's full of shit.
Yeah i'm totally lying. I wish you could pull up records in previous seasons so you could check my s3 win/loss but you can't so oh well, keep thinking i'm just a lying retard scrub. I was at 92 LP in silver 1 when season 3 ended and I had +76 wins (most of those came before the jump from b1 to s5 because it took 25-30 games at 0-3 LP a piece before I started slowly getting more LP per game).

Yes, I know that mmr/elo affects things like LP gains and stuff. My point is they don't reset everyones mmr/elo at the start of a new season so it's not a fresh start and they don't pair you against better players unless I guess you duo with someone way above you just to grind out some wins and skyrocket yours but the losses will shrink the shit out of theirs at the same time.

I've already said before too that i'm sure part of the problem with my elo was me constantly duo'ing with my bronze 5 to bronze 3 brother.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
When MMR was shown the gains/losses were 10-14 +/-
The average was normally 12 MMR per win or loss.

I don't know if Riot has removed the "Team MMR" or not butna.op.ggwill show your team's MMR sometimes.
My teams MMR is hovering ~1300 currently but I was at ~1450 a month ago. Massive losses (12ish more losses than wins) caused me lose ~150 MMR.
When I look up Wizardhawk he's hovering at 1100 currently.

The Team MMR is the Average MMR of your team but gives a pretty good idea where you stand.
My Normals MMR is ~1000 because I never play normals.

Anyway, I don't buy the 50 more wins than losses bit either, that would be a ~600 MMR gain which would put him in Plat I think.
Looking at his Season 4 stats doesn't show how it would even be possible considering it looks like he went 80-87 in Season 4 too.

Oh for Season 3 you were 428-394 which is 34 more wins than losses. Pretty good. It's about ~408 MMR gained after being placed.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Yeah i'm totally lying. I wish you could pull up records in previous seasons so you could check my s3 win/loss but you can't so oh well, keep thinking i'm just a lying retard scrub. I was at 92 LP in silver 1 when season 3 ended and I had +76 wins (most of those came before the jump from b1 to s5 because it took 25-30 games at 0-3 LP a piece before I started slowly getting more LP per game).

Yes, I know that mmr/elo affects things like LP gains and stuff. My point is they don't reset everyones mmr/elo at the start of a new season so it's not a fresh start and they don't pair you against better players unless I guess you duo with someone way above you just to grind out some wins and skyrocket yours but the losses will shrink the shit out of theirs at the same time.

I've already said before too that i'm sure part of the problem with my elo was me constantly duo'ing with my bronze 5 to bronze 3 brother.
Your story still seems exaggerated, but s3 did serious problem with rubber banding in the division 1s. That's long since gone.

Rais

Trakanon Raider
Moved my bronze na account to LAN server. I wanted to see how much of a difference it is between trollbronze on na vs lan. Seems to be about the same. Yet there isn't just 1 or 2 really bad people, its normally 4 on each team.

Just played Wukong top vs Ren. I drew first blood faster than a tampon in middle school. 2 mins later the support and mid DC. Adc crying, but I am starting to snowball. Lux comes in for some action topside and I just e/aa/q/aa and shes dead. Team is saying ff, I say no way as I walk past my 10th kill 14 mins in. They get our mid inhib down and things look iffy. I grow too cocky and try and 1v4 and get smoked. Pushed lanes a few times now I am level 15 while they are all 10-11. It was just a bloodbath from there. Ahri comes back at like 33 mins and I am at full build 2+ levels higher than everyone else. 41 mins we win. Tryn did pull off a LCS baron steal tho.

Fuck the GA. I am slaughtering these bitches in 4 hits, why not make it two with an IE?
http://matchhistory.lan.leagueoflege...8?tab=overview
rrr_img_91924.jpg

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Wizardhawk played more ranked games of only Ryze in s3 than I played ranked games in total and was still stuck in bronze. Not sure how I feel about that.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Your story still seems exaggerated, but s3 did serious problem with rubber banding in the division 1s. That's long since gone.
I ended S3 in Silver 1. I spent literally the final 3 weeks between 85 and 100 in Silver one that season, failed about 6 series, and was on like a 40-29 run and still got less LP for a win than a loss. Season 3 was fucked. The clamping was ridiculous.