League Of Legends

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Heard Rush is going to China.

Man, Zac is really strong right now. His winrate overall is over 50% for the first time like 18 months, and I've gone like 14-5 in the last two weeks.

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
WildTurtle is trying out for CLG. I assumed they had someone to replace Doublelift already; that move is even crazier than I realized.

sebur

Bronze Squire
If the fanbase is speaking to anything.... Dlift currently has 50k viewers on twitch... probably most I've ever seen him have.

edit-According to their twitter he was over 100k viewers at one point....wtf!

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Yea i saw him with 96k last night, he was streaming for a while. It's come back down to earth since then. Maybe it will spike again this evening though.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider

Aphro's breakdown of the CLG situation, as per usual DL's ego and attitude are the focus. GL to TSM dealing with the cult of personality. Would be interesting to see Moo move back to ADC and see if he can dumpster DL.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Hey, sounds just like League... You know, the game this thread is about that you came in to trying to claim that Dota had a more "well done" monetization? THEY BOTH SELL YOU COSMETIC SHIT.
I think you missed their main point which was all champions are free in DoTA 2. Which is a huge difference.

WhatsAmmataU_sl

shitlord
What's the point of that change?

Beginning with the start of the new ranked season, if you lose your promos but are still able to get back into a series (demonstrating you've got the skills but just aren't winning in the right order), you'll start that new series off with at least one win. As the TL;DR said, though, promo helper does not apply to promo series above Gold 1.

Khane

Yeah.... so... what's the point of that change besides artificially inflating people out of bronze and silver? It's not like high plat and diamond players ever get stuck in "elo hell" and can't make it past gold 1

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm not a statistics guy, but why have a system that makes a series of 3 games important at all? What's the downside of doing straight MMR like Dota2?

Squiggoth

Golden Squire
You aren't demonstrating you've got the skills. The people who do have the skills don't get stuck in promos and fail over and over.
Or you are running solo queue and you get random's afking or trolling your promos. Your skills don't mean much in a 4v5 (afk) or 4v5.5 (feeder)

Khane

You'll find yourself on the winning side of those matches (on the team with 5 in a 4v5, or against the team with the feeder) as much as you will on the losing side. If you keep failing your promos it isn't because everyone else is fucking your games up, it's because you aren't good enough.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Something something make it feel good climbing something something. I dunno.

New champ select looks amazing. This might actually get me back to playing ranked:http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/sit...mp-select.html

Less frustration.

And it looks like a new client is finally on it's way.
That looks nice. My problem with normal mode is everybody is so bitchy about give me my role they start pouting it makes it really frustrating being stuck in roles you don't enjoy most of the time. I mostly play ARAM now because for the most part I get stuck playing random roles anyway may as well do it in a mode that people get less ragey with.

skrala

Silver Knight of the Realm
Pretty excited about the new system, I end up playing teambuilder normals a lot of the time simply because I have 2 or 3 friends on and we want to play together but don't want to play TT.