League Of Legends

I am pretty new so working thru ranked is finally starting to get to me. I was placed in Bronze 3. I am now Bronze 5. Games are just mind boggling bad at this level. To the point that I am unsure how I will ever put together a win streak. Luck?

It just seems there is no good role that can change the game. I go Zed top, outfarm by a large margin, but support Nunu did first item hextech revolver and no wards. Enemy team has drafted Akali and Diana, our mid is last pick and goes Veigar.

Any advice? Besides applying beer to the problem?
Well. No, there isn't much advice to give aside from the generic play your best and if you are meant to play at higher levels then you will. Given that the only constant in your games is you so if you play well that means you only get four random variables on your team instead of the five the enemy gets.

Beyond that, play mid or jung if you want to have the most early game impact. Bot lane and top lane are farm fests for the most part. You don't leave your lane except to buy (usually) or get the occasional roam, but even then you only can reach on other lane or one portion of the jung. Whereas the mid and jung have easy access to everywhere.

Also if you are new in general to the game/genre (read less then a couple hundred games) then you're probably about where you belong until you start getting the nuances of map awareness, timings, and all the champs mechanics down.

Buffylol

N00b
I am pretty new so working thru ranked is finally starting to get to me. I was placed in Bronze 3. I am now Bronze 5. Games are just mind boggling bad at this level. To the point that I am unsure how I will ever put together a win streak. Luck?

It just seems there is no good role that can change the game. I go Zed top, outfarm by a large margin, but support Nunu did first item hextech revolver and no wards. Enemy team has drafted Akali and Diana, our mid is last pick and goes Veigar.

Any advice? Besides applying beer to the problem?
Right now I am on a 6 game losing streak, I am playing fine with the exception of small mistakes(nothing game throwing, just stupid lane phase mistakes). My teams are just 100% toxic to the point that they demoralize everyone and throw the games hard.

edit: Streaks like this make me agree with what Bain said to me once, the matchmaker determines if you win or lose even before the game.

Celebrindal

Golden Squire
Find someone around your ELO to duo queue with and use skype. That's my only advice. That's pretty much the only way to raise the odds of you winning.

Right now I am on a 6 game losing streak, I am playing fine with the exception of small mistakes(nothing game throwing, just stupid lane phase mistakes). My teams are just 100% toxic to the point that they demoralize everyone and throw the games hard.

edit: Streaks like this make me agree with what Bain said to me once, the matchmaker determines if you win or lose even before the game.
All games are theoretically as close as Riots MM algorithm can make them, while keeping up speedy service, so no the matchmaker isn't setting you up for failure or loss. However no program can dictate how well a player that normally plays at X MMR is playing at that specific moment or things of that nature. Sometimes luck is just bad in mobas.

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
You guys ain't got shit on my 25+ games losing streak. See 10 games lost in game history? Lose another 10+ games! Pretty much the only reason I stopped actively playing LOL.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Then once you have your role and the game starts get dick sucking like Enzie talked about.
It's funny, but true.. The other bonus to the dick sucking theory, is you get more friendly honors. So, I kind of use that as a yardstick for how good I was at S-ing the D, heheh. "3 friendly honor? Oh man, I cradled the balls and everything that game!'

Bain

Bronze Knight of the Realm
You guys ain't got shit on my 25+ games losing streak. See 10 games lost in game history? Lose another 10+ games! Pretty much the only reason I stopped actively playing LOL.
I lost 23 games in a row in the middle of season 2 and stopped for a couple of months. It's so frustrating. I didn't even play them all at once, just lost them over the course of a couple of days and finally said fuck it when my kog'maw dc'd in the 23rd. In other news, finally won my series for gold - man that was frustrating.

Anwyn_sl

shitlord
Apparently Leader ribbon shows even if you get others. I'm sad because I think Teamwork is better looking.
frown.png

Grats on Gold Bain.
biggrin.png

Bain

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Thanks, and yeah, they are given a priority and the least common ribbon will show(mentor, leader, teammate, opponent).

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
At what point do you make the jump from PvE to PvP? Just jump in with the low tier retards whenever as everyone is horrible?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
At what point do you make the jump from PvE to PvP? Just jump in with the low tier retards whenever as everyone is horrible?
Don't imo, your life will be better if you never subject yourself to the "community".

Bot games are way more fun.

Xalara

Golden Squire
There's a reason to play not games for IP now that ARAM is out?
tongue.png
As an aside, does anyone else find it hilarious that people are making ARAM smurf accounts that only have certain champions?

Plaid_sl

shitlord
There's a reason to play not games for IP now that ARAM is out?
tongue.png
As an aside, does anyone else find it hilarious that people are making ARAM smurf accounts that only have certain champions?
For people who own most champs, I can see why. I have 94 champs and I sure as heck don't want to play all them in ARAM. Rerolling can only get you so much. Sorry, but I'm one of the jerks who would dodge 5 games in a row in custom ARAMs.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
It is, by a decent margin too.

And yea, sure, ARAM is fun, but winning is more fun that losing still. And there are some champs in ARAM that are just unplayable a lot of the time, so I can see people rolling smurf accounts. I'd delete tryndamere from my owned champions in a heartbeat if I could =\

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I own every champ and I like ARAM cause it forces me to play a champ ive never played before... ARAM has recently dealt me Varus, Annie and Viktor of which I haven't played either of them before.