League Of Legends

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
oops. I hate how forums condense links sometimes
biggrin.png

I havent looked at the bundles, anything good?

I purchased pool party bundle so not really in the market for anymore bundles atm though.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I used to think that we would see the release of another large bundle akin to the boxed game or the champions bundle. Each of those was half the cast on launch day so buying one and getting the other for a gift I had everybody. When the cast is gigantic they'll release another 15+ champion bundle for 3200.

Nope!

My estimates of what people would pay were just absolutely and completely wrong. It turns out I am a very, very cheap individual and can extrapolate nothing based on my own tendencies.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
If anything, these games I'm watching are giving me a lot of hope for c9 to do well. I mean, they absolutely crushed NA and so far looking at Vulcan and TSM playing it's not like they are getting stomped either by any of these teams. (Yes, they are losing but it's not completely 1-sided)
You must have watched a different OMG vs TSM game than I did, because OMG rolled TSM. It wasn't close at all.

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
Bit sad that Nukeduck going overboard basically ended the game. Now slow death.

edit: guess it wasn't too slow after the facepalm.
double edit: As a noob, I've greatly enjoyed the the between game booth breakdowns.

Libra_sl

shitlord
Anyone ever gone to these events in person? There's still tickets available for the semifinals in Culver City which is about a 30 minute drive from me. Was just wondering if it was very enjoyable to go to in person. I really like watching it on the streams.

Golt_sl

shitlord
Wish I could attend one of the events, but being that i'm on the east coast the prospect of flying out there + renting out a hotel is too expensive of an option for me just for these league matches.

blumpster_sl

shitlord
Bit sad that Nukeduck going overboard basically ended the game. Now slow death.
That was really lame. In a close game you can't do stuff like that. Everything was razor thin and they were winning the battles and slowly the game, but that dive ruined it. He's gotta be smacking himself.

Xalara

Golden Squire
I don't think it has to do with the PST timezone. I think the timing of the games has to do with a time that works best for the most timezones in the world. If Riot were targeting this at just North America it'd be starting a bit earlier to accommodate the east coast.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
11pm EST is Noon in Korea, they really couldn't have the games start at 10am in Korea?

Lasch

Trakanon Raider

23:45 into the video
SKT vs. GG: funniest/most confusing moment so far for me in the tournament.

blumpster_sl

shitlord
Finally decided to see what ranked was like this season, and I have to say this system is dog shit. Did my Provi, went 7-3, got put in Gold 1. No big deal; I'm not pro and am not concerned about my placement, but this whole tiered division thing, and having to win 2/3 and 3/5 to move up is retarded. I like how they make you earn the league points, and how much you earn is based on the hidden MMR ratio to your teammates/opponents, or whatever the details are, but forcing you to win 3 out of 5 to move up is kind of dumb. I guess they wanted to mimic tournaments, but it doesn't really work. The ratings and leagues should be adjusted on a weekly basis by some kind of calculation to determine what league you're in for that week. The whole "you must win this many games in this span of time to move up" seems extremely arbitrary. There is way too much luck involved, and I could see someone sitting in a shit tier forever because they get unlucky. We all know how streaky this game can be.

And LOL at that video. One of those times where your passive works against you.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I remember trying to explain to people how the league you were in had no effect on who you would play or play with and that your (now hidden) Elo was still everything.