League Of Legends

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
Sounds like somebody's got a case of the Tuesdays. You may want to actually read my post.
I did? Again, you're not doing 'so many little things' every second of the game. In the 6 minutes that dragon is dead, you'll have a spare second of standing around or traveling across the map to check a timestamp.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Alright, so let's say that I get a sneaky dragon in at 7 minutes. I stop what I'm doing and type out the following -

"12:00 Dragon," then a few minutes later I type out "Dragon in 2 minutes" then "Dragon in 1 minute" then "Dragon in 30 seconds, dragon in 30 seconds guys."

Because I'm not just taking these timers for myself. I'm taking them for the team. I want my team to know when dragon spawns and that shit takes time. If I forgot what the timer was I have to scroll back and find it. That takes time too. And it's a distraction. And that's just one timer. There are five others. Being the guy taking down all the timers and constantly reminding your team when shit is spawning takes work. It's not trivial and it provides a tangible advantage against opponents who don't do the same. I'm willing to do the work. They aren't. Except now everyone can just download a piece of third party software that does everything for everyone and the people who like it are usually the same people who didn't do shit before.

I'm 100% for Riot adding timers to both buffs on both sides and ult timers for your teammates and dragon timers and baron timers. I'm 100% against that being done by a piece of third party software.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
Right, but I think you're simplifying the presentation to suit your view. Plenty of the most game deciding things in league are "simple" and easy to do alone without consideration for the pure volume of things you are asked to remember which don't always come in the same sequence, the timings can be in sync or quite disparate. The real difficulty of league is in doing a thousand simple tasks in the most efficient and perfect sequence possible but the sequence is never identical over the course of a game.

I would bet that the top professional junglers time far more than just buffs, I would imagine they attempt to sequence every camp in both jungles all the time to some degree given both the inferred and specific information they have.

I guess the question is - does the usage of timers have a limit. What if curse voice could be programmed to give you every jungle camp timer that a teammate sees with allied fog? It can tell you purple/blue wrath/golem as well as red blue dragon and baron. Can be set to give you any duration of warning 10 seconds 15 seconds. Timing everything puts a real focus on mental organization in addition to the task of playing the game itself. It is definitely infringing on an aspect of the game that can be practiced and mastered that gives real in game advantages. While the tasks individually are simple, the total package is not.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Alright, so let's say that I get a sneaky dragon in at 7 minutes. I stop what I'm doing and type out the following -

"12:00 Dragon," then a few minutes later I type out "Dragon in 2 minutes" then "Dragon in 1 minute" then "Dragon in 30 seconds, dragon in 30 seconds guys."

Because I'm not just taking these timers for myself. I'm taking them for the team. I want my team to know when dragon spawns and that shit takes time. If I forgot what the timer was I have to scroll back and find it. That takes time too. And it's a distraction. And that's just one timer. There are five others. Being the guy taking down all the timers and constantly reminding your team when shit is spawning takes work. It's not trivial and it provides a tangible advantage against opponents who don't do the same. I'm willing to do the work. They aren't. Except now everyone can just download a piece of third party software that does everything for everyone and the people who like it are usually the same people who didn't do shit before.

I'm 100% for Riot adding timers to both buffs on both sides and ult timers for your teammates and dragon timers and baron timers. I'm 100% against that being done by a piece of third party software.
If it's such a big play difference between someone doing timers on their own and someone who isn't what difference does it make if it's Riot providing the information or a 3rd party? How does the source of the information determine your objection to it?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
If it's such a big play difference between someone doing timers on their own and someone who isn't what difference does it make if it's Riot providing the information or a 3rd party? How does the source of the information determine your objection to it?
It's strange that Riot doesn't just implement it as part of the client. Many people will not know about Curse Voice and it is yet another piece of software one has to install on their machine and have running in the background. I mean it's not a big deal but it's not something everyone automatically has or even knows about. It's just a little weird.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
http://riot-web-static.s3.amazonaws....les%20Beta.pdf

rrr_img_65202.png

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
I guess the question is - does the usage of timers have a limit. What if curse voice could be programmed to give you every jungle camp timer that a teammate sees with allied fog? It can tell you purple/blue wrath/golem as well as red blue dragon and baron. Can be set to give you any duration of warning 10 seconds 15 seconds. Timing everything puts a real focus on mental organization in addition to the task of playing the game itself. It is definitely infringing on an aspect of the game that can be practiced and mastered that gives real in game advantages. While the tasks individually are simple, the total package is not.
Dude, there's timers that ALREADY DO THIS. They've been around since the game was made. People are freaking out over CurseVoice when there have been timers that track every buff for a long time. No one has given a shit until Curse put their name on it, and now everyone is freaking out. That's what I don't really get.

And what do 'Tournament' rules have to do with this conversation? Of course they aren't going to let you use 3rd party programs in any tournament event.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
This is the point in the conversation where I lose interest in being civilized and begin saying mean things and then people only remember me for being the guy that says mean things.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
This is the point in the conversation where I lose interest in being civilized and begin saying mean things and then people only remember me for being the guy that says mean things.
I'm sorry you can't have a civil conversation. The reason you're remembered for that is because you're pretty well known for shitting up this thread whenever you decide to lose interest in any discussion.

They've already admitted that their rules suck, and that they kept it very general to cover a lot of bases. However, in doing so they've also created a lot of grey area.

Here is their "new" official stance:

"Programs that give you information you have already earned (such as visible timers) are ok. Programs that give you information you have not earned (such as enemy timers/timers in the fog of war), ones that make decisions for you, or take actions for you, are NOT ok."
Basically, as the The Ancient pointed out - why does it matter if something allowed comes from Riot or from a different app? How does that change how you feel about timers?

Regardless, they've said it's something they're looking into adding, but it's just too early to make an promises. So why would they ban something that they themselves are considering adding? Makes no sense.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Bottom line is Curse Voice is just information that the UI should already be giving you. Timers if you have vision and cooldowns on friendly ults instead of that retarded green bubble is just basic functionality.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
Bottom line is Curse Voice is just information that the UI should already be giving you. Timers if you have vision and cooldowns on friendly ults instead of that retarded green bubble is just basic functionality.
Agree 100%. But I don't see how that justifies banning CurseVoice while they work on their own solution.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Some people are just not mentally capable of playing a competitive game. I just had a Ziggs getting dumpstered by a Soraka. I gave him blue, I ganked a ton, but he was low all the time, he gave her blue buff, and he expected me to come in and kill her before she got away or Kha showed up without any help. Then, he sits in the fountain and just cries, for literally 20 minutes. Twenty minutes of doing nothing. Just sitting there. Crying. Because he got his ass kicked. 1 on 1. With no help, and me ganking like 4 times.

He's fucking Ziggs. He can sit behind his turret and get literally every single creep with blue buff. What the hell?

And it happens again in my third series game. We have a varus. He has a Karma support. She dies a lot. He completely quits. Just sits in base and cries. Both series games lost to whiny little children.

Golt_sl

shitlord
I'm sorry you can't have a civil conversation. The reason you're remembered for that is because you're pretty well known for shitting up this thread whenever you decide to lose interest in any discussion.

They've already admitted that their rules suck, and that they kept it very general to cover a lot of bases. However, in doing so they've also created a lot of grey area.

Here is their "new" official stance:

Basically, as the The Ancient pointed out - why does it matter if something allowed comes from Riot or from a different app? How does that change how you feel about timers?

Regardless, they've said it's something they're looking into adding, but it's just too early to make an promises. So why would they ban something that they themselves are considering adding? Makes no sense.
Actually, it seems pretty straightforward why a 3rd party app vs riot providing it is a problem. Because it makes the third party app mandatory to stay on even footing, and that's something a lot of players aren't aware of even? If riot provides it in the client, then 100% of people will have access to it. Curse voice was a beta program that didn't even have keys for everyone, as of late they've been spamming more. Once it's in Open beta, then anyone who KNOWS about it can get access, but that's still not everyone. Riot should add the timers in the UI if they're cool with it, same with ALLY CD's (imo the bigger deal). It takes time to ask people what time on ult, and for them to respond, IF they even do, if they speak english.. all kinds of communication that you can skip over freely by seeing the timer on those things. That helps A LOT and you're like downplaying it or something? Hell, curse's VOIP is a pretty big boost already to a team if they're using it. Also, i'm not really sure why you point out there have been other timers in the past.. at least you have to press a button and interact with some of those. In addition, I guarantee they weren't as widespread as curse voice is - so less exposure = less people bitching about it.

Sidian

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'd be curious to see how many people play league on low as shit resolutions as well as old as hell pcs/laptops. They might just be cautious trying to add a bunch of timers for every single buff and ultimate because it might effect performance on older machines. I mean, hell there are constantly people bitching every patch about FPS problems because of all the small tweaks they already do.

Eventually Riot should add in timers and/or completely ban CurseVoice but who really knows how long that will take, if it happens at all.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
I'd be curious to see how many people play league on low as shit resolutions as well as old as hell pcs/laptops.
A LOT. PoE devs mentioned once how only 1/3rd of their player base uses a 64 bit OS. LoL is probably worse since it caters more to the casual crowd. I remember meeting my brother's wife (an avid LoL player) and feeling almost sick watching her play LoL on an ancient HP laptop using its touchpad.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I'd be curious to see how many people play league on low as shit resolutions as well as old as hell pcs/laptops. They might just be cautious trying to add a bunch of timers for every single buff and ultimate because it might effect performance on older machines. I mean, hell there are constantly people bitching every patch about FPS problems because of all the small tweaks they already do.

Eventually Riot should add in timers and/or completely ban CurseVoice but who really knows how long that will take, if it happens at all.
Well you wouldn't need to add visual cues or actual physical timers per se. There is scientific evidence that humans have faster reaction times and are more likely to notice audible cues over visual so all you really need is a voiceover that says "Dragon is respawning in 30 seconds".

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Braum is going to be so obnoxious when he gets released. EVERYONE is buying him, everyone thinks he's gonna be op, it's gonna be like a normal champ release times 1000.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Always ban the new character for a week or two. You don't want your noob teammates playing him with no idea what they are doing and you don't want to get destroyed by him if your opponent picks him up.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Some people are just not mentally capable of playing a competitive game. I just had a Ziggs getting dumpstered by a Soraka. I gave him blue, I ganked a ton, but he was low all the time, he gave her blue buff, and he expected me to come in and kill her before she got away or Kha showed up without any help. Then, he sits in the fountain and just cries, for literally 20 minutes. Twenty minutes of doing nothing. Just sitting there. Crying. Because he got his ass kicked. 1 on 1. With no help, and me ganking like 4 times.

He's fucking Ziggs. He can sit behind his turret and get literally every single creep with blue buff. What the hell?

And it happens again in my third series game. We have a varus. He has a Karma support. She dies a lot. He completely quits. Just sits in base and cries. Both series games lost to whiny little children.
I've never done that matchup myself to be honest, but to be fair I'd expect Soraka to dumpster Ziggs. Between the silence, the MR shred, her pushing power, and sustain, she's a bitch to lane as a caster. The soraka's I've laned go beefy/mr and just push like crazy, silencing your ass if you get close. Doesn't excuse the ragequit behavior of course, but I would have asked someone to lane swap with him.

P.S: Talking about Karma, anybody else things she's pretty OP now? Her mobility is crazy for the damage she can dish. I still think her kit is fucking boring as hell (hi Q spam) and there's still no specific ability she has that feels exceptionally powerful, but everything combined is pretty damn strong.