League Of Legends

Sidian

Lord Nagafen Raider
It'll be C9 & LMQ going to worlds for sure and I'm hoping CLG can take the final spot.

Looking at the brackets though, CLG should be able to outplay Crs as long as picks/bans go alright. TSM vs Dig is another story because if Dig is playing how they were at the start of the split, TSM is in trouble. I really think LMQ will crush whoever advances anyway where as CLG might be able to beat C9 since I think CLGs endgame is stronger.

1st: C9
2nd: LMQ
3rd: CLG.

That's my guess. C9 might even just go undefeated again since they play like gods in these high pressure situations.

edit:

It also pisses me off how spread out these NA playoffs are. We have the crs vs clg and tsm vs d games this weekend, then we have to wait another week to see c9 vs x and lmq vs x, then another day for the 3rd place match then another (on labor day...) for the grand finals.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Last I heard there were bad hops because of ISPs again. I haven't had any lag in over a month, but other people in same game as me bitching about "servers". Not to say maybe they actually have had some downtime, but I only ever play at night, and have yet to come across it.

Also, they're building a server hub in the middle of the country so doubt they'd throw much money into the west coast hub if it did start getting pushed past its limit

penalty_sl

shitlord
Yea once new d3 patch drops I'm ready to take another long break from this game. Had 2 games in a row with people going DC, I basically played for an hour just to get my ass pushed in and lose LP. Their servers are unstable as hell and they do jack shit to implement loss prevention in a way that would help the players. Hopefully the game is more stable when I come back.

I've never hade a game that legit made me feel angry like this game does with its instability. Cant have so many DCs and server issues in a moba game.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ok, again... all reports so far have been that it's NOT Riot's servers... there was a Reddit thread and I believe an official forum post about it. Some people are able to use a proxy/vpn to bypass the bad hops and fix their problems. I've had 1 person lagging out in the past like 6-7 games, so you must have the worst luck in the world.

Trollicious_sl

shitlord
Ok, again... all reports so far have been that it's NOT Riot's servers... there was a Reddit thread and I believe an official forum post about it. Some people are able to use a proxy/vpn to bypass the bad hops and fix their problems. I've had 1 person lagging out in the past like 6-7 games, so you must have the worst luck in the world.
they are literally a billion dollar company now (thanks tencent!). this shit is inexcusable. put up more servers somewhere else so you can switch the load even if you won't actually split the user base.

they either are stupid and lazy, or blatantly don't give a fuck. there aren't any other reasons with the amount of time and money they have had to fix this stuff.

sebur

Bronze Squire
Except as someone mentioned earlier, they are building a server hub in the center of the country, so why would they bother putting up more servers somewhere else? They did the same thing with EU, they basically were like "hold on man, the other server hub is almost up, it will be better". At the end of the day whether you disagree or not with that stance it still make goods business sense to not add additional cost if you have something else in the works to alleviate the problem, on top of the fact that it isn't even Riot's servers at fault here from what I have read.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
they are literally a billion dollar company now (thanks tencent!). this shit is inexcusable. put up more servers somewhere else so you can switch the load even if you won't actually split the user base.

they either are stupid and lazy, or blatantly don't give a fuck. there aren't any other reasons with the amount of time and money they have had to fix this stuff.
The majority of the issues are not on Riots end. As in, there is literally nothing they can do about it right now. If they had 100x as many servers as they do now, the EXACT SAME PROBLEM would be happening, because it's NOTtheirservers, as I keep saying. This happened early this year and sometime last year as well, it's basically ISPs letting their infrastructure go to shit (big surprise) which is causing packet loss and ping spikes IN BETWEEN you and Riot.

Riot is trying to talk to the ISPs to sort out the ISPs shitty hops but other than that, it's in the ISPs/networks hands. If you are having lag issues, you can look into using a proxy/vpn/different dns server to try and bypass the bad spots, but most people won't bother to look into it so the problem will remain until the networks sort it out.

Trollicious_sl

shitlord
The majority of the issues are not on Riots end. As in, there is literally nothing they can do about it right now. If they had 100x as many servers as they do now, the EXACT SAME PROBLEM would be happening
If they had multiple server locations they could route their customers to a different one that wasn't having problems on the in betweens. Otherwise you are right about this current issue.

This has nothing to do when it actually is on ritos end though. Whether the problem is directly on riots end or on a go between isp, most of these situations would be solved by having more than one server location

Sidian

Lord Nagafen Raider
So either my MMR has tanked so low that every game is a joke now...or I'm just having a good night. Which is weird cuz i'm pretty drunk atm...so it's unusual.

sebur

Bronze Squire
Aren't there other games that you could play? I ask since it seems you have an immense amount of hate for this game right now and you might be more annoyed trying to play than just not playing.

Trollicious_sl

shitlord
yes there are other games i could be playing. which i went and did. it just sucks because i coulda got another game in before going to bed. it isn't like i am a scum freeperson, i have paid good money to riot. expecting a reasonable type of service like servers not exploding every night doesnt seem too crazy.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
This time was a DDoS attack, which they actually posted about. And the behavior of the game/client was clearly way different. If this is the problem you're having every night, you are likely running into the bad routes and should look at the fixes for it.

Trollicious_sl

shitlord
Damn near every night there is a status update about something being disabled. They have as far as I know never put a status update about ISP or ISP related issues although I could be wrong.

sebur

Bronze Squire
yes there are other games i could be playing. which i went and did. it just sucks because i coulda got another game in before going to bed. it isn't like i am a scum freeperson, i have paid good money to riot. expecting a reasonable type of service like servers not exploding every night doesnt seem too crazy.
Don't get me wrong, I agree, being a person who has multiple skins for every champ I am with you. I haven't seen any problems personally, but to me it just seems that lately you are experiencing a huge amount of problems so maybe should look in to something you can do to fix it in the mean time. Hopefully I'm not coming off as some arrogant asshole or something as that isn't my intent. I suppose my best example would be heroic KT was pissing me off bad in hearthstone so I took a day break before I went back and beat him. I know it won't be a day for them to fix their stuff but you just seem super frustrated.