League Of Legends

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Because they don't really cost you anything and improve your game while leveling? Stupid argument either is fine. Don't buy T2 runes and don't spend IP on champs.

Ancient is right. Buying t1 runes is good, you can get a whole generalist page for your ap and ad champs for ~800 ip. T2 are the ones you avoid because they are shit for an upgrade over t1 and actually cost a decent amount if IP.

sebur

Bronze Squire
Didn't realize they were so cheap, I thought they were just slighting cheaper than t3 runes. In that case it makes it a little better.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
When you get high enough level you can combine away all of the T1s you bought into T2s and then those into a couple random T3s. Given how long you are sub level 20 and their cost you aren't doing anything but hurting yourself if you don't buy some. If they help you win a couple games over the course of your entire leveling process they pay for themselves.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Yea, it's common knowledge to buy T1 and ignore T2.. you might get lucky and those T1s could net you an expensive T3 in the end too.

I had my mouse die on me 2 days ago (Razer Naga). I have a new one ordered and being shipped but last night I decided to play the Ascended mode with a standard windows mouse and holy shit... I couldn't control my character like AT ALL. I had the sensitivity & speed cranked to max and it was still unplayable. I felt like I was bronze V. The windows mouse just couldn't cross the screen quick enough, I had the Naga setup to be able to cross the entire screen with very little movement (like less than .5 inches of hand movement, and the cursor moved fast). The windows mouse I had to physically move my hand about 3-5 inches just to get it to where the game's screen will move, and it moved at about half the speed, or worse, than the Naga... and this was with everything cranked to MAX.

I guess this is the type of situation where you use the camera lock function to stay on your guy, cause it was work to see anything and it was like damn near impossible to use skills properly. I was spending too much effort getting the camera to pan.

I had no idea how much a mouse could affect things in this game. I mention this cause I bet there are a ton of players out there that are handicapping themselves with shitty PC components. If anyone watched me play it seriously looked like Bronze V shit. I always wondered how there could be plays that look so terrible but I just discovered one reason for it.

I never had a mouse die before so I avoided Razer this time and ordered the Logitech G502 Proteus Core. Hopefully this can last me longer than the 5 years that the Razer did.

Sidian

Lord Nagafen Raider
That Ascended mode is pretty bad. I played 3 times yesterday and it's pretty dull. Just run around as 5 early game bruisers going rune to rune. If you can cheese Xerath early you can usually win, also the "luck" factor of getting the last hit on the ascended is pretty lol. We had a lux on our team who could steal that every single time while the team would just run as 5 around the edge, didn't matter, they got a bit ahead and you couldn't catch up.

sebur

Bronze Squire
I guess I just don't know about the runes situation due to being maxed for so long so I didn't care and I was thinking about it in the aspect of if I created a new account I wouldn't buy T1 runes cause I feel like I would just out play everybody. My apologizes on the bad information then.

Every game I have played of the Ascended mode is super lopsided. I don't think I have have had any close games win or lose. It is either a bruiser or assassin fest so whoever gets going just snowballs hard.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've done 4 games so far and most have been close. I think the biggest gap was 30 points and that's when the enemy team had a DC at level 14. Overall I like it more than Dominion but that's not saying much. I'd like to earn the icons and maybe play with some friends but that's about it.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
URF has been the best one so far, can't wait till it's back!

All of the others have been meh. Hexakill and All for One are probably next best but still kinda lame.

Hexakill would be better if it was Decakill instead!

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Doombots was kinda hilarious too. Just for the holy WTF of the max difficulty doombot mode when somebody is in the mood to do coop vs AI it was a much nicer level of challenge and fun for all the WTF OP mode ults things had.

Sidian

Lord Nagafen Raider
urf >>> all for one >>> doom bots > hexakill > ascension.

I liked All for One quite a bit actually, especially if you played it on Howling Abyss instead of Summoner's Rift. Unfortunately people rarely wanted to play the stupid fun champs like garen, poppy, alistar...was always lux or nid or some bullshit like that.

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I like ascension but I foresee it getting fairly boring quickly. Once people figure out all five members of team sticking together and just running laps from crystal to crystal makes the mode simply becomes ARAM without towers. Once one side has a ascended basically unless other side can consistently win a 5 vs 6 team fight they will lose. Oh and Sona is very good this mode because of her heals and group movement increase abilities. Once she has two points in movement the other team will never have a chance to to ninja a cap before the team running laps gets there. Plus her heals will keep rest of team healed up. Then you add awesome team fight ult along with decent damage Q.

I think they need to cut about six seconds off the objective respawn timers to allow more options then just five people running laps and huge team fights.

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
Still somewhat sad T8 and COL have to play each other, but at least the loser gets a 2nd chance.

Wish calitrlolz wasn't going back to school after though. NA toplane seems so bleh.