Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Spoiled by the PS5, I guess. Graphics, while artistically very nice, are pixelated as hell.
I mean the Switch has worse graphics than most phones at this point. I've put in several hours now and while the game is very good, they really need some new hardware. I can't even imagine how amazing this game could've been on a top end hardware. When emulators are improving your current games, there's a problem.

• 8Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 8 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Don't worry, in about six years on their next next system you can buy this remastered to current day graphics and only have to pay the low price of $60 for the same thing again.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 4 users

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I mean the Switch has worse graphics than most phones at this point. I've put in several hours now and while the game is very good, they really need some new hardware. I can't even imagine how amazing this game could've been on a top end hardware. When emulators are improving your current games, there's a problem.
Yeah, I understand that. I'm not expecting to be blown away technically. It is fun, though. Just a shame the world couldn't have been realized in 4K.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
When emulators are improving your current games, there's a problem.
Anyone here running on an emulator? I don't think I'd mind playing on my switch but now I'm kinda curious.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Anyone here running on an emulator? I don't think I'd mind playing on my switch but now I'm kinda curious.

For those wondering state of PC vs switch, video of 3583 Yuzu build (3584 was just put out an hour ago) with AutoHDR, FSR, 4k 60 fps. Runs very smooth and looks really, really good with upscaling. Game is running on a steam deck but drops often to 20 fps so still a few days away from stable 30 on there I think.

www.vimeo.com/826202320?embedded=true&source=video_title&owner=196260347

I'm running at 30 fps on a 3080ti with AutoHDR, 3x rendering, bilinear AA but will switch to dynamic FPS and FSR AA when they fix the minor bugs with both. Link to dynamic FPS mod, runs under yuzu or ryujinx and lets you run at 60 fps and handle fps drops without an issue (unpatched game is locked to 30 fps).

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
For those wondering state of PC vs switch, video of 3583 Yuzu build (3584 was just put out an hour ago) with AutoHDR, FSR, 4k 60 fps. Runs very smooth and looks really, really good with upscaling. Game is running on a steam deck but drops often to 20 fps so still a few days away from stable 30 on there I think.

www.vimeo.com/826202320?embedded=true&source=video_title&owner=196260347

I'm running at 30 fps on a 3080ti with AutoHDR, 3x rendering, bilinear AA but will switch to dynamic FPS and FSR AA when they fix the minor bugs with both. Link to dynamic FPS mod, runs under yuzu or ryujinx and lets you run at 60 fps and handle fps drops without an issue (unpatched game is locked to 30 fps).

I might have to buy a new PC just to run a Switch game. I'm really just looking for an excuse to buy a new PC tho.

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

spronk

FPS noob
yeah i'm about 8 hours in in Yuzu 3584 and it runs perfectly fine, the only minor glitch i've noticed is some minor texture bugs (black small squares) when you are selecting stuff with ultra hand. No stuttering or FPS drops anymore, no open world texture glitches. I've heard later on there are some more texture bugs in specific zones but I imagine by the time I get there it'll be fixed.

Yuzu is mostly CPU bound, the better your CPU the better you will be at raw emulation. The GPU comes into play if you wanna play with reshading and upscaling. At 30 fps yuzu is not stressing my video card at all -- I don't think I've ever hit above 40% CPU and GPU utilization with a i7 12th gen and 3080ti. I'm doing 30 fps 1080p with 2x upscaling and basic AA, people with 4090s and 13th gen i9s are pushing 4k with 3x upscaling and crazy anti-aliasing options/reshaders and running into VRAM memory leaks. My GPU has never gone above 5GB usage but I get bored of the game after an hour and quit anyways.

this is the subreddit with the latest emu info but it is a LOT of shit posting and dumbass questions thats exploded since the game is out now

• 2Like
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 2 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Nintendo really needs someone to step in and say they’re fucking tired of losing to Sony in hardware. They could probably put Sony under. I’m exaggerating but modern hardware and an unfucked online is what they need. There must be some ass corporate culture there. But they make money and sell a shitload of consoles and games. So what do I know.

• 3Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I can’t watch my son play this. He thinks the gluing shit to each other is hilarious. He’s been making stupid configurations to this boat for like a half hour, cracking himself up at how dumb looking he can make it.

1683925804658.jpeg

• 12Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 13 users

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Nintendo really needs someone to step in and say they’re fucking tired of losing to Sony in hardware. They could probably put Sony under. I’m exaggerating but modern hardware and an unfucked online is what they need. There must be some ass corporate culture there. But they make money and sell a shitload of consoles and games. So what do I know.
I get in the same argument with a friend, and he always counters with, hey, they sell a shit ton of these things. And he's right.

• 1Like

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I get in the same argument with a friend, and he always counters with, hey, they sell a shit ton of these things. And he's right.
Yep. I don’t even bother with saying Nintendo shouldn’t make hardware. They have a high level of hubris and to some degree they’ve yet to make anything that’s shoddy. Helps when you start with a toaster though.

• 1Like

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
I'm torn on this gane, because I really enjoy it, but I also feel like it could have been so much more. (Especially if it wasn't on switch).

I miss the freeze / hit / take off stuff along with the bombs, and a good chunk of the overworld just feels barren. Still going to get my money's worth and then some!

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Yep. I don’t even bother with saying Nintendo shouldn’t make hardware. They have a high level of hubris and to some degree they’ve yet to make anything that’s shoddy. Helps when you start with a toaster though.
There's a lot of things you could criticize Nintendo for, but I don't think their decision to not compete in the same technological space as xbox / playstation is one of them.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Kajiimagi

<Trapped in Randomonia>
I see all these lines on social media for copies of this game. Can you not download the game? Does Nintendo still require physical media?

• 1Faggotry

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I see all these lines on social media for copies of this game. Can you not download the game? Does Nintendo still require physical media?
Switch isn't like other consoles and a lot of people consider physical carts to be strictly superior to digital copies. Load times are faster compared to an SD card (NAND is fastest, but extremely limited in size even on an OLED), you can use the cart on multiple consoles which digital cannot do, there's the option to resell later, etc.

• 3Like

Kajiimagi

<Trapped in Randomonia>
Switch isn't like other consoles and a lot of people consider physical carts to be strictly superior to digital copies. Load times are faster compared to an SD card (NAND is fastest, but extremely limited in size even on an OLED), you can use the cart on multiple consoles which digital cannot do, there's the option to resell later, etc.
ok point taken , my question was is digital download even an option?

spronk

FPS noob
another reason to emu, reshade

left image is what it looks like on stock switch/emu, right is with reshade applied to remove the color filters nintendo likes for the series. Once you see it its hard to unsee

how to get reshade running (is a CPU/GPU hit be aware)

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
another reason to emu, reshade

left image is what it looks like on stock switch/emu, right is with reshade applied to remove the color filters nintendo likes for the series. Once you see it its hard to unsee

how to get reshade running (is a CPU/GPU hit be aware)
That looks pretty good. Compare that to my image ten posts or so up…looks like absolute shit. It’s so pixelated and washed out.