Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Amazingly, I didn't see a thread for this game after searching on it.

This vid dropped today:

Some very cool stuff with the fusion and ascend abilities. I can already imagine the Dunky vid where he makes some crazy rube-goldberg machine to kill one random enemy in the middle of nowhere, lol.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
That's cause it's in the switch thread =D

And yes it's going to be amazing to see the creativity that comes out of this game with how much came out of the first.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Lightning Fast
That's cause it's in the switch thread =D

And yes it's going to be amazing to see the creativity that comes out of this game with how much game out of the first.
Ah well, if any game deserves its own thread it's likely this one? If not we can merge them later.

• 1Truth!

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Is it too much to hope that the retarded durability and weather (oh look, it's raining... well, I was going to climb that cliff but I guess I'll just set the controller down and go make a sandwich instead) systems are gone for the sequel?

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Truth!
  • 1Like

Lenas

Trump's Staff
(oh look, it's raining... well, I was going to climb that cliff but I guess I'll just set the controller down and go make a sandwich instead)

Looks like it might not matter? At one point in that video Link jumped into the fuckin Lifestream and swam up through a cave ceiling out through the other side.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Amazingly, I didn't see a thread for this game after searching on it.

This vid dropped today:

Some very cool stuff with the fusion and ascend abilities. I can already imagine the Dunky vid where he makes some crazy rube-goldberg machine to kill one random enemy in the middle of nowhere, lol.
Imma make a Zelda 18-wheeler because lol.

• 1Solidarity

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Is it too much to hope that the retarded durability and weather (oh look, it's raining... well, I was going to climb that cliff but I guess I'll just set the controller down and go make a sandwich instead) systems are gone for the sequel?

Apparently, because durability was one of the first things displayed in that video. The system probably has improvements, but it remains.

Lightning Fast
If they had some way to counteract the rain or decrease its effect I wouldn't mind it as much. Spiked shoes or something like that.

Durability was a core element that the game was pretty much designed around so I don't expect that to go away completely. For the truly collectible and important weapons like the master sword it didn't matter much.

I was hoping that they would do more underground dungeon crawling for the sequel, it was the one big thing missing from BoTW IMO: sprawling dungeons with huge multi-layered puzzles and enemies and such. The divine beasts were so small compared to what could have been done. It looks like they've gone into the sky with large open 3 dimensional type puzzles to accomplish a similar effect though... maybe? Hard to say from a short vid like that, but the potential is there.

• 1Truth!

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
Meh, weapon decay again. "Oh look, the branch broke. Yay!"

Anyway, looking forward to play this, but looks more like a nice DLC than something groundbreaking like the first one. The new physic gimmicks the engine can do are certainly interesting.

Last edited:
  • 1Dislike

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
The durability isn't gone based on that trailer, but even in the first one that was a non issue within the first couple of hours.

• 1Picard

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I would give my left nut for Nintendo to get out of the hardware business entirely and throw these games on current gen hardware.

Still playing it regardless. Time to reverse all muscle memory again and for Y and B and A and X all to be in the wrong spots.

Last edited:
  • 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I would give my left nut for Nintendo to get out of the hardware business entirely and throw these games on current gen hardware.

Still playing it regardless. Time to reverse all muscle memory again and for Y and B and A and X all to be in the wrong spots.

Same. Handheld gaming isn't for me, but they have at least a dozen games each gen that are 100% worth playing and I don't want to be a pirate.

Emulated versions of their games in 4k look fantastic. BOTW below for example.

• 2Like
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Amazing how many of us hate the durability thing with a passion. I see it's back again, but it looks more manageable when you combine stuff (lol breaks in 8 swings instead of 3 )

I just can't game in 20-30 FPS anymore :*( Other than that the mechanics look like a lot of fun.

Chris

Potato del Grande
It seems like you can just keep combining, so when durability is low you just grab something else, meaning that your base weapon isn't going away?

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
What's the point of leaving the Japanese speaking dude's voice in the background? Even if you speak Japanese its completely drown out by the English translation. All they did was turn it into distracting background noise.

• 1Like

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
stupid durability. I hated it in the first game. Make it an accessibility toggle or something, I don’t care just make it optional. Also, agree with Ut, Ninendo needs to go the way of Sega and just make the games. A 4K Zelda on PS5 would be a dream (or in vr on psvr2)

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
  • 1Faggotry

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Did you guys just never see any Hinox when you played and fought with sticks/low quality weapons? You could get an inventory full of knight or if lucky royal weapon drops pretty much immediately after getting out into the world and never think about it again. It made dura a short term inconvenience and kept it thematically true of a newly awakened Link without access to mastersword etc.

Between fusing and a highly likely way to farm weapons early it will likely be the same in this one.

Otherwise consider it a difficulty slider for inept explorers.

• 2Picard
  • 1Like
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 3 users

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Did you guys just never see any Hinox when you played and fought with sticks/low quality weapons? You could get an inventory full of knight or if lucky royal weapon drops pretty much immediately after getting out into the world and never think about it again.

Please don't act like you had Hinox or anything relevant on farm the first time you played the game before the 20+ hour mark without looking up some kind of guide or cheese.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users