Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Huh? Games have been 70 bucks since PS5 came out almost 3 years ago. It has been the new norm.
The new norm for all platforms. For Steam dwelling neckbeards such as myself (and buying games on Switch for my son) I have rarely seen $70.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Ive heard the inflation argument for a while now. Yet we get less and less content, and less and less polish/quality on the content that we do get from these games. Agenda pushing bullshit left and right, bugs out the ass and more. Those old games shipped a complete fucking game back then and they didnt tug on your nuts every 5 minutes to get you to spend more money on some shit that was available day 1. Nevermind cosmetics in a single player game that was forced to be online just for the sake of more money.

Seventy bucks? Yea sure. Fine. Whatever. But $140? Ill be in the same soup line as the rest of the plebs waiting on them to fucking discount it down, or better yet - waiting for the Denuvo to be cracked so I can give them the middle finger completely.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I day/week one buy a handful of games a year, another 10-20 games when on sale and then sporadically pay for GaaS like Gamepass/EA Play Pro or MMOs during lulls and with that I get at minimum 1-2k hours spent on gaming each year for like 25 years now.

Maybe it's bias from enjoying a wide gamut of genres and abundant free time, but even if games cost $300 new it'd still average out to be cheaper entertainment per hour than any non gaming activity I do other than reading which has always been free or $10 / month with Kindle Unlimited (shill+++).

For every shitter high priced game there will be one you that nets you hundreds/thousands of hours to make up for it and it has always been that way since I started gaming.

TLDR: Gaming is a cheap af hobby for entertainment cost per dollar spent.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
You can try this website, it has the step by step instructions including downloading the product keys (piracy) and firmware (piracy) and TOTK rom (piracy) so obfuscating the link for google scrapers and shit, you'll need to auto translate from ruski to english (chrome does this for me)

dtf (dot) ru/howto/1794400-prostoy-gayd-po-nastroyke-the-legend-of-zelda-tears-of-the-kingdom-dlya-pk-na-emulyatore-ryujinx

I played for an hour yesterday within ryujinx and it ran ok during the prologue with the 30 fps patch but after that I would get texture garbage (black dots) in a lot of places, probably needs some fixes. Trying right now under Yuzu but its not even starting, probably need some core patches which I think are paywalled behind patreon for a few days usually. Yuzu is open source so you can just dl the latest branch and compile yourself, the patreon just provides prebuilds. I'm playing Jedi Survivor so no real rush to play. I've seen some people say the game is running really great with the latest yuzu src and 30 fps mod.

I'm pretty sure the game will be fine in Ryu/Yuzu by the end of the weekend at 30 fps which is what the switch runs at anyways. Getting to 60 fps may be tough and take a while since it looks like cutscenes and some game mechanics are tied to FPS.
Appreciate it, was able to get in running in Ryujinx and so far its averaging around 20-25 fps, either the 30fps doesnt help or I'm not installing it correctly.

I am unable to get it to run at all in Yuzu, I did get the patch that supposedly makes it run, but it still stays on "loading" forever. I'll check out your link when I have time but I definitely think it's time to upgrade my pc. The little bit I did play was awesome though, like, I get the whole Botw DLC complaint, but is that really a bad thing?

Made it thru the hand / fuse shrines and then gave up until I can get it running better, can always play on the switch in a week.....though it sounds like performance will be an issue there as well.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
My only point is gaming is a cheap hobby. I’ve bought two day one games in two years: elden ring and Hogwarts. Didn’t regret either. I doubt I get FF16 day one but TotK will be day one for me and physical copy for my collection.

I’d have paid $140 probably for elden ring and BotW. Not so much Hogwarts as good as it was. Maybe $80?

• 2Like

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
You can try this website, it has the step by step instructions including downloading the product keys (piracy) and firmware (piracy) and TOTK rom (piracy) so obfuscating the link for google scrapers and shit, you'll need to auto translate from ruski to english (chrome does this for me)

dtf (dot) ru/howto/1794400-prostoy-gayd-po-nastroyke-the-legend-of-zelda-tears-of-the-kingdom-dlya-pk-na-emulyatore-ryujinx

I played for an hour yesterday within ryujinx and it ran ok during the prologue with the 30 fps patch but after that I would get texture garbage (black dots) in a lot of places, probably needs some fixes. Trying right now under Yuzu but its not even starting, probably need some core patches which I think are paywalled behind patreon for a few days usually. Yuzu is open source so you can just dl the latest branch and compile yourself, the patreon just provides prebuilds. I'm playing Jedi Survivor so no real rush to play. I've seen some people say the game is running really great with the latest yuzu src and 30 fps mod.

I'm pretty sure the game will be fine in Ryu/Yuzu by the end of the weekend at 30 fps which is what the switch runs at anyways. Getting to 60 fps may be tough and take a while since it looks like cutscenes and some game mechanics are tied to FPS.
Does the 30fps patch help increase performance? If so, how do I correctly install it to Ryujinx? Didn't seem like it made a difference so I'm thinking I didnt cooy it to the right location.

spronk

FPS noob
right click on the game (TOTK) in ryujinx, click open mods folder, it should open into %appdata%\Roaming\Ryujinx\mods

1683225077081.png

drop the 30fps folder right into that folder, it should be Ryujinx\mods\contents\0100f2c0115b6000\30fps\exefs\1.0.0.pchtxt

HOWEVER you shouldn't actually install the 30 fps mod, its kind of a shitty mod that does it wrong (tweaks link to move slower and other bad side effects).

Instead, use nvidia control panel on ryujinx to turn vsync off and set FPS cap to 30. Then turn vsync off in ryujinx as well. That apparently runs it really, really rock solid 30 fps with minimal texture issues. People who have put in a lot of hours also mention something about the memory system config tweak to make it run without crashes later on.

I'd still just wait, I've seen people reporting now it runs even better under yuzu with patches and stuff, plus people have started making prebuilt full shader caches (gigs in size). You can follow along on gbatemp or this subreddit

I have the digital and collectors edition already preordered, just ran it on PC to fuck around and see how well it runs and its kinda cool after just a few days now (and still 10 days before release lol) it is running really, really well.

One thing is while the game may run with other firmware you apparently really should be running 16.0.2 inside the emulators.

• 2Like

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Instead, use nvidia control panel on ryujinx to turn vsync off and set FPS cap to 30. Then turn vsync off in ryujinx as well. That apparently runs it really, really rock solid 30 fps with minimal texture issues

Helped a lot.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
built the latest version of yuzu, there is a 1.1 game patch plus a v3 yuzu patch and game is running a rock solid 30 fps now for me with minor texture glitches (clouds) and only 30% cpu and gpu utilization (on a 3080ti). wonder if they will get a true 60 fps before the game actually releases.

can't wait to see what people do with texture upscaling and stuff. still playing jedi survivor so not gonna dive into the game much but its crazy what they have gotten done in just 4-5 days.

• 2Like
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 2 users

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
built the latest version of yuzu, there is a 1.1 game patch plus a v3 yuzu patch and game is running a rock solid 30 fps now for me with minor texture glitches (clouds) and only 30% cpu and gpu utilization (on a 3080ti). wonder if they will get a true 60 fps before the game actually releases.

can't wait to see what people do with texture upscaling and stuff. still playing jedi survivor so not gonna dive into the game much but its crazy what they have gotten done in just 4-5 days.
I'm actually playing via Ryujinx and your little nvidia control tip and it has been runnjng pretty good so far. Haven't played a ton of it but I did at least get the paraglider.

Appreciate the help spronk spronk !

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Bunch of middleaged men complaining about $70 for 100 hours of entertainment when they blow $70 at random happy hours for like 3 hours tops.

• 2Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Some poor ass people in this thread. Pirating large content video games from a franchise and company with this established pedigree is sad.

• 1Picard
  • 1Solidarity

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I have not played Zelda since SNES and not about to start now.

Edit: In fact SNES was my last nintendo game ever until my kids got DS and that was their last.

Last edited:

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Some poor ass people in this thread. Pirating large content video games from a franchise and company with this established pedigree is sad.
This has to be one of the dumbest takes I've ever seen posted on this board.

• 2Worf
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 2 users

Lenas

Trump's Staff

Miyamoto isn't gonna fuck you, lmao. Just waiting for the preload to unlock on the console. Yeah that's right I can afford the game and the bandwidth to download it twice what now big dawg?

• 1Pathetic

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Miyamoto isn't gonna fuck you, lmao. Just waiting for the preload to unlock on the console. Yeah that's right I can afford the game and the bandwidth to download it twice what now big dawg?
Some weird kind of white knighting because they develop good games that arent inhabited by woke SJW garbage, I assume. But yet theyre still stuck in the mental complex of forgetting its a fucking corporate entity that will screw its customer over for profit every day of the week. Just like buying 20 year old Nintendo titles that are still being sold at launch price.

Imagine acting superior to someone you dont even know on the internet because they pirate. lul

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Most of the people that are pirating it mentioned they are also buying it on the switch. Pirating it is the only way to play at a higher resolution and good frame rate, having it on the Switch you can play it mobile so it makes sense people would do both.

• 1Like