Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Embarrassed Shame GIF

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
What annoys me most about durability is how comically quick the Master Sword "runs out of energy".
If you haven’t updated to patch 1.12 you can bring the unbreakable master sword from the prologue into your main game with an exploit. You can’t fuse to it by normal means so it just stays as 30 damage but you can through another different exploit.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
If you haven’t updated to patch 1.12 you can bring the unbreakable master sword from the prologue into your main game with an exploit. You can’t fuse to it by normal means so it just stays as 30 damage but you can through another different exploit.

Ehhh, you really don't need that...

My 8 year old is 2 bosses down and that scrublord fuses shit to branches with 2 damage. I can't watch him play for long because he triggers the shit outta me with his play-style.

• 4Worf
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

My 8 year old is 2 bosses down and that scrublord fuses shit to branches with 2 damage. I can't watch him play for long because he triggers the shit outta me with his play-style.
Sounds like we have the same son

• 4Worf
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

What is his play style lol

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
Spent all night trying to make shrine propellers, motors and batteries into some sort of vehicle powered by shock emitters. Not enough lift/propulsion for the weight unfortunatly.

I want to make a perpetually floating platform I can park above camps and bombard with cannons/lazers.

I think I'll just have to make a bigger hoverbike.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Also why does the vehicle just fall apart after awhile? I was flying a wing with 2 fans on it for awhile eventually the wing flashed green and collapsed. But the fans, controller, and wheels didn't.

Also whenever you do this put like 3 rockets on it as you get really really fast and can maintain the speed even after the rockets burn out.

• 1Like

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Also why does the vehicle just fall apart after awhile? I was flying a wing with 2 fans on it for awhile eventually the wing flashed green and collapsed. But the fans, controller, and wheels didn't.

Also whenever you do this put like 3 rockets on it as you get really really fast and can maintain the speed even after the rockets burn out.
I read weeks ago that vehicle disappearing is based on distance traveled (estimated 300m). I haven’t tried this myself, but I think fusing fans/wheels directly onto a steering stick makes a vehicle that won’t disappear (but can still be destroyed by damage).

Chris

Potato del Grande
I read weeks ago that vehicle disappearing is based on distance traveled (estimated 300m). I haven’t tried this myself, but I think fusing fans/wheels directly onto a steering stick makes a vehicle that won’t disappear (but can still be destroyed by damage).
The Zonai bases break but attachments don't.

So baloons, wings, sleds etc break. Fans, seats, weapons don't.

Siliconemelons

Wings etc. having limits is so that you do not /easily/ cheese "proper" sky map progressions... but as mentioned above - there are ways.

My daughter is loving it, she surprisingly got past the intro island all on her own... based on her playing BOTW I did not expect her to get through it so quickly. Now she is doing her normal random wondering around and having a blast.

She kills horses... So I have introduced her to the Korok Space Program and she takes her maliciousness out on the deserving now rather than poor horses.

I need to show her the chicken cooker.

• 1Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Wings etc. having limits is so that you do not /easily/ cheese "proper" sky map progressions... but as mentioned above - there are ways.

My daughter is loving it, she surprisingly got past the intro island all on her own... based on her playing BOTW I did not expect her to get through it so quickly. Now she is doing her normal random wondering around and having a blast.

She kills horses... So I have introduced her to the Korok Space Program and she takes her maliciousness out on the deserving now rather than poor horses.

I need to show her the chicken cooker.
I skipped the entire jump puzzle thing in the wind temple by just using a platform, a flame device, a baloon and a rocket attached to my shield.

lol.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
What is his play style lol

His play-style is chaos, I can watch him for like 5-10 minutes at a time, first time I watched him he somehow managed to die to a wolf near the Desert. I don't help him at all other than back seating some of the puzzles he does.

He literally just does whatever he wants, hence why half his shit is fused with shrooms and he has like 8 items total in his inventory other than having 5ish sticks and whatever else weapons he comes across. Oh and he makes food thats literally blurred out, like some censorship for private parts, that was funny to see.

He told me the other day he beat his second temple and also had the spirits following him around. He doesn't have a tablet and we don't let him use our computers without supervision, so he didn't look up solutions. He did watch me beat a few of them, I think fire and wind temple, but he beat water first then wind. I told him he has to learn how to dodge and parry for some bosses, currently he doesn't even target mobs to attack them, he just sciences them to death.

• 2Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
His play-style is chaos, I can watch him for like 5-10 minutes at a time, first time I watched him he somehow managed to die to a wolf near the Desert. I don't help him at all other than back seating some of the puzzles he does.

He literally just does whatever he wants, hence why half his shit is fused with shrooms and he has like 8 items total in his inventory other than having 5ish sticks and whatever else weapons he comes across. Oh and he makes food thats literally blurred out, like some censorship for private parts, that was funny to see.

He told me the other day he beat his second temple and also had the spirits following him around. He doesn't have a tablet and we don't let him use our computers without supervision, so he didn't look up solutions. He did watch me beat a few of them, I think fire and wind temple, but he beat water first then wind. I told him he has to learn how to dodge and parry for some bosses, currently he doesn't even target mobs to attack them, he just sciences them to death.
Like I said!

• 1Worf

Chris

Potato del Grande

To be fair I haven't learned to parry in TotK either, I don't have the patience for the timing.

I even did Elden Ring without parry and used a lot of magic.

Tilluin

Molten Core Raider
I’m way behind the curve but I’ve persisted with TOTK and am enjoying it.

3 temples in. Wind was my favourite so far. Got the desert next.

My only complaint really is how each temples story/cut scenes etc are exactly the same as the others. I’d have expected some variety in them in a AAA game?

I also still find building annoying and barely build anything 😬