Legion

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Juvarisx

Florida
5.00 star(s) Rating: 5.00/5 1 Vote
Title: Legion

Genre: Action & Adventure, Sci-Fi & Fantasy

First aired: 2017-02-08

Creator: Noah Hawley

Cast: Dan Stevens, Rachel Keller, Jean Smart, Aubrey Plaza, Jeremie Harris, Katie Aselton, Amber Midthunder, Bill Irwin

Overview: David Haller, AKA Legion, is a troubled young man who may be more than human. Diagnosed as schizophrenic, David has been in and out of psychiatric hospitals for years. But after a strange encounter with a fellow patient, he’s confronted with the possibility that the voices he hears and the visions he sees might be real.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Juvarisx

Florida
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]View attachment 113664[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]Legion[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Action & Adventure[/GENRE], [GENRE]Sci-Fi & Fantasy[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2017-02-08[/RELEASE]

Overview: [PLOT]David Haller, AKA Legion, is a troubled young man who may be more than human. Diagnosed as schizophrenic, David has been in and out of psychiatric hospitals for years. But after a strange encounter with a fellow patient, he’s confronted with the possibility that the voices he hears and the visions he sees might be real.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

Trailer

I will be interested how close to the canon they take this, but the showrunner Noah Hawley is amazing so I expect big things.

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
Is that legion as in, oops I killed Xavier here's age of apocalypse Legion?

• 2Like

joz123

Potato del Grande
Looks great. Love the dude from New Adventures of Old Christine. He looks way different with grey hair.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Looks like a trip. Glad it's on FX and not Fox too, otherwise it'd be cancelled by the end of the first season.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
This seems to be getting good reviews from comic book nerds, and old white women seem to be hating it. I think it sounds pretty cool, should be out in a few weeks.

• 1Like

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
This first episode is borderline fantastic.

Which could be a problem. Like all superhero stories, you have the issue of what you do once you are done with their origin. On top of that, it is difficult to imagine future episodes given the time or budget this got. (Hell, if I remember they even paid for a Stones song.) I'd love to see where they go from here, with the caveat that it could be way way down. (Hell, even some of the effects at the end didn't look great, and that's with a pilot budget.)

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

elidib

Vyemm Raider
I'm keeping the faith. The show has good writing and good acting behind it, those alone can carry it.

The real test is how they arc the story with the fat midget, the show's gonna need an interesting villain besides just da evil guv'ment.

• 1Like

Randin

Trakanon Raider
That was definitely weird as hell, but liked it. Granted, I know jack shit about the character Legion from the comics, so I can't speak to how good it is as an adaptation, but taken on its own, it's definitely looking good. And surprisingly decent CG on the powers displayed so far.

• 2Like

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I knew nothing coming into this, didn't even know it was a previous comic existence outside of a very small assumed connection to X-Men.

Very much enjoyed it. I felt as a viewer that I was in crazy land along with the main character. Didn't really know what was happening until the end when it got tied together.

Is the blonde chick Rogue? Or some kind of analogue to her?

• 1Like

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
That was surprisingly good even with the second tier CGI at the end.

• 1Like

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Just watched the first episode and definitely liked it.

• 1Like

Harfle

Lord Nagafen Raider
should of just released it on netflix, would of been better then this shit on fx with a weekly release.

• 2Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I actually liked the fake looking CGI, it was stylized and fitting to theme of the show. Like the kind of firefight you'd have in a dream.

A+++ show, will watch the rest of the season.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I enjoyed this, knowing who Legion is in a general way, but I honestly don't see how this sticks around beyond the first season unless it changes drastically in tone from the first episode. There aren't going to be enough comic book nerds to keep this going, and most normal people are completely bewildered by everything that happened in this episode. Two people at work watched it based on my comments that he was technically part of the X-Men Universe (I did go to lengths to tell them I didn't think we'd be seeing anything at all like the movies, or any Wolverine appearances, etc. so they weren't misled by expectations) and they both had about a million questions about what was happening, and weren't sure that they wanted to keep watching. They aren't dumb people, but they aren't nerds either. I'd classify them as pretty normal in terms of TV viewers.

I just think it is too quirky and "deep" to get much of a viewership beyond the first episode or two. Maybe they temper the budget or expectations where a smaller audience is all they need, but I can see numbers dropping off drastically after this episode and the next, unless something awesome and easy to understand happens in episode 2.

• 1Like

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Intro be like

Am I watching a Wes Anderson Marvel series?

• 2Like

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>

Yeah that ending could've been a bit less cheese at the end and still communicated the message that he was being saved by powerful people. lulz at soldiers just randomly jumping out of bushes with guns.

Still a really strong first episode.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
I did not care for this episode. I don't like the whole "Hey Fargo did ambiguous time periods, so can we!" stuff and some of the acting seems a bit off to me. The whole non-linear flashback "which is the REAL thing happening" shit was annoying too. If they just do it to establish his mania for the first episode it could be okay, but otherwise it's fucking rough, man.

I'll of course see how it plays out. People think the yellow eyed devil is Mojo which would be fucking hilarious. How they tie that into a live action series would be great...or terrible....probably both.

• 1Like
TV show information provided by The Movie Database