Let's talk classics.

Raponchi

Frog
<Donor>
I'm watching Leaving las vegas with nic caige atm. One of my favorites, including "City of god" "Slumdog millionare" Post a good movie you want others to see. Dogma movies etc. No superhero nerd shit allowed. Put some cinematic shit up on this.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Hunt for Red October
Kelly's Heroes
The Blues Brothers
Dr. Strangelove

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Once Upon A Time In The West

Letterbox is a must. And remember that at the time it came out Henry Fonda was held in the same esteem as Mr. Rogers in terms of being thoroughly wholesome and all-American.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Raponchi

Frog
<Donor>
The good, the bad and the ugly. Man spaghetti western at its best. I put that movie to go to sleep.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

sole

Molten Core Raider
Godfather 1 & 2 (the HBO Godfather Saga was amazing)
Goodfellas (still my favorite movie)

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
The Quiet Man

A very atypical John Wayne movie. Set in Ireland. Quite a few internal conflict and romance elements but he still shines through it all as a man's man. Some really great characters in the supporting cast. Not to mention a young Maureen O'Hara as one of the original smoking hot redheads.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
my top 10 classic films that nobody appreciates enough.
in no particular order

1Runaway Train
jon voight and eric roberts escape prison only to stow away on a train that the conductor has a heart attack and drops dead so the train keeps going faster and faster fucking shit up in its path. meanwhile a crazy as fuck warden will stop at nothing to recapture voight. movie is almost all action and voight chewing scenery. 10/10

2The Earthling
Ricky Schroeder is on a camping trip with his parents in the wild of australia when shit happens and both parents die in an accident, little boy schroeder wanders around til he meets up with some older man who is an outdoorsman who teaches the kid how to be independent and not such a pussy.

3The Ratings Game
Danny Devito's first directorial debut, devito is the successful owner of a trucking company in new jersey who has money falling out of his ass but he wants to be a TV star and writer. so he moves to hollywood to live out his dream, but none of the major studios will give him the time of day until one network producer greenlights his show out of revenge because he had just been fired by the network CEO. devito realizes he has been used, but still wants his show to be a success. so he hartches a plan to kidnap all the families of the Neilson Ratings System and coordinates with the mafia to have their goons watch his tv show. hilarity ensues.
(no trailer, movie was probably never released on dvd)

4Watership Down
a warren of rabbits, there is one who has visions of an coming apocalypse, so some listen and leave their warren for a better place. along the way they have many adventures. many of them grim. movie is supposed to be a kid flick but it's not at all.

5The Brink's Job
Peter Falk edevises a scheme to rip off the armored truck company for a massive score

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
6Sorcerer[
bunch of dudes are contracted to move truckloads of dynamite/nitroglycerin across the rainforest and many perils happen. yes Top Gear paid homage it with their south america special

7The Front
set in hollywood during the red scare during the 50s, woody allen passes blacklisted (communist) writers works as his own in order to help these guys out, it causes allen to become a big star, but he is also a complete fraud.

8Death Hunt
Charlie bronson is a trapper in the canadian rockies who runs across a bunch of assholes and when they try to kill him he kills one and the ones he didnt kill go back to town and make up a story saying he tried to kill them, the canadian mountie, lee marvin and his partner carl weathers try to arrest him. much ownage ensues.

9Emperor of The North
This movie is all kinds of awesome, Lee Marvin is the best hobo of the north, he claims he can ride any train anywhere he wants and nobody can stop him, ernest borgnine is a psychopath train conductor who will kill any mofo bum who tries to ride his train for free. marvin challenges borgnine on his next run and shit goes crazy along the way.

10Little Big Man
dustin hoffman was raised by indians and grows up to be involved in the Battle of Little Big Horn among other historical events.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
bonus
make sure you watch two of Buster Keaton's epic films
The General and Steamboat Bill Jr
some of the best stunts you will ever see in a movie and all done by Keaton who fucked himself up doing it.
one scene he breaks his neck and didnt even realize it until years later.

• 2Like

Sterling

El Presidente
real-genius.16835.jpg

• 2Like

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
Chuk mentioned some serious old school classics here. Worth anyone's time that's into cinema.

I remember Watership Down. I haven't thought of that in ages
mindblown.gif

• 2Like