hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Trailer sold me on it immediately.

"The money we saved on voice overs, we put into making the game"

el oh el

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Looks like an almost direct rip off of Gratuitous Space Battles, with a few more features. That is a good thing, because Gratuitous Space Battles is fun as hell.

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
Great trailer. So nice to see something different. Very interested. I like the last part "Free shipping, if ya know what I mean...umm, no really, its digital so...". Very funny.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
I was just telling someone earlier today that Paradox Interactive is probably my favorite publisher, as they seem to put out all these low-budget but brilliant games. If I look at my hours played on Steam, 2 Paradox titles outstrip all my other non-MMO games in hours played.

That said. This looks so awesome on so many levels, my mind is fucking blown.

Feature list off the site:

Turn-based gameplay enables you to take your time to plan your moves

Build and Customize your own personal warships, featuring up to 11 ship and 16 weapon types

3 different factions: Commonwealth, Marauders and Elites

Cross-platform play across PC, Mac, iPad and Android devices

Five Challenge missions that can be played with up to 3 other players

Co-op campaign spanning 9 missions which can be played with up to 3 other players

Face your friends and foes in multiplayer skirmishes across 14 maps

Cloud saving ensures the possibility for you to continue your sessions from any computer, tablet or location

Save replays of your battles and use them to improve your tactical skills for the future

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
"you don't have to be in the clouds, you're a boat"

Gotta remember that CatalystISdoing a game with ships in the sky (more steampunk but still) so that's the reason for that tongue in cheek reference, and it's based on the tabletop version.

http://leviathansonline.com/
http://monstersinthesky.com/about/

Leviathans-gip.jpg

Though my first thought was that this was a PC game version of Dystopian Wars (at least the naval portion), but oh well.
frown.png

S6301498.JPG

Asherah

Silver Knight of the Realm
Definitely going to buy this one. Game looks fun and the trailer is totally awesome.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
If the game play is essentially GSB, or any of the ship-design-fight minis, then I'll buy simply in recognition of how awesome that trailer was. Seriously, if that advertisement was made in house, the guy who came up with it needs a promotion.

Edit: Pausing in the armor screen--seems like it is a table top derivative, as in you get points for customization--and of course each option affects overall ship performance. Which is great--that kind of design is my favorite in RTS and Standard strategy games, I love designing units given X budget and seeing how they do vs Y player.

orcmauler

Golden Squire
As a huge fan of the Naval Ops series, I am definitely interested. Not as arcade-style as the KOEI games but still fun.

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>
"I'm not buying this shit"
I Second the notion that Paradox is my favorite publisher right now. Only disappointing title so far has been Mount & Blade With Fire and Sword. Grabbing this tonight.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
Played a few hours and have quite enjoyed it so far.

The campaign is rather challenging actually and I've already lost twice. I guess there is a fixed difficulty and it is co-op-able... or that is just my excuse for sucking.

In the campaign so far you are limited in what you can put on your ships as far as your "rank" in the campaign, but if it is an indication of what is to come I think the options have to rather nuts honestly and the "how to build the best ship" arguments could be rather interesting.

My only complaints so far is that it feels a little "information light" on the PC version due to it being touch-pad compatible. I keep wanting to right-click for more info or somthing. Also I want to see the wrecks of the sunken ships under water like in old Total Annihilation, I was a bit sad they just disappear after a few seconds.