Lex Fridman podcast

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I dont know why I listen to this faggot, it certainly isnt for his take on anything. Every time he asks his guest to "steel man" the argument his guest is arguing against, I want to reach over and strangle him. That and his human love bullshit. Mother fucker, the topic is economic system (or w/e), who gives a fuck about love you retarded fuck.

Here is a comment stolen from HN (Lex Fridman Podcast #309 – John Carmack | Hacker News) that sums up my thoughts on Lex:

The main problem is that Lex is a terrible host.
I tried multiple times to give a fair shake, but Lex seems to never to any research on the guest, almost never has anything interesting to go back and forth on with guests, and seems mostly there to have a wall for guests to talk to, but somehow is less interesting than the wall.

There is no exchange of ideas, its just the guest being able to say whatever they want without any pushback.

I have no idea why interesting guests get called onto this show, other than just having a place to talk to a lot of listeners

Lex Fridman talking about love is such cringy shit. All the fucking time. Does no one love him?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
People who post hate all the time are offended by a guy who talks about love.

Weird.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Lex Fridman talking about love is such cringy shit. All the fucking time. Does no one love him?
No one loves him. He is asexual which seems to appeal to Mist and which is why she is trying to figuratively blow him. I can’t think of any other reason why she keeps talking about politics here.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Looking forward to this one, 5 fucking hours though and I just started a new job that’s 80% work from home. No more commuter podcast consumption.
5hr podcast is definately a lawn mowing, gardening, weeding, trim podcast

• 1Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I have to agree with Mist about this one. A good interviewer is supposed to be a proxy for the audience, not part of the show. It's supposed to be about the guest, not the interviewer. I don't know what kind of "takes" you're looking for from him but that's not what the show is about at all. I guess you are used to being told what to think about everything? If so you should try cable news.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I have to agree with Mist about this one. A good interviewer is supposed to be a proxy for the audience, not part of the show. It's supposed to be about the guest, not the interviewer. I don't know what kind of "takes" you're looking for from him but that's not what the show is about at all. I guess you are used to being told what to think about everything? If so you should try cable news.
Maybe you should eat a dick.

• 1Worf
  • 1Salty
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
This one was pretty good.

nonstop lies

"russian soldiers are brainwashed and think theyre fighting nazis"
"ukrainian morale is extremely high"
"ukraine doesnt get any support from NATO besides lendlease act"

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
nonstop lies

"russian soldiers are brainwashed and think theyre fighting nazis"
"ukrainian morale is extremely high"
"ukraine doesnt get any support from NATO besides lendlease act"
He blew a lot of smoke. Had some good insight at times but far too much bullshit.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
me before clicking in this thread: "i wonder if he's going to mewl about love again like a lovesick teenager"

" I believe in the power of tough, honest, empathetic conversation to increase the amount of love in the world. "

:honkler:

• 1Worf

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
me before clicking in this thread: "i wonder if he's going to mewl about love again like a lovesick teenager"

" I believe in the power of tough, honest, empathetic conversation to increase the amount of love in the world. "

:honkler:
Might as well wonder if Rogan will talk about drugs/aliens/etc. It comes with the territory 🤷‍♂️

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
It’s actually more skillful and professional to be ‘the wall’ and being very precise with your pushback. Lex is a master of this. If you’re into a buncha gotcha bullshit and constant and often pointless pushback from an interviewer that loves to hear himself talk I highly recommend piers Morgan for you

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
It’s actually more skillful and professional to be ‘the wall’ and being very precise with your pushback. Lex is a master of this. If you’re into a buncha gotcha bullshit and constant and often pointless pushback from an interviewer that loves to hear himself talk I highly recommend piers Morgan for you
We had this argument already in the thread and they didn't get it then either.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
The last two posts have small penis energy. Lex doesnt push back at all. And he doesnt prepare at all. All his steel man bullshit is just him asking the guest to take a position opposite of theirs instead of offering such a position himself. Dude is garbage and if he didnt have such good guests, his podcasts would not be worth a fuck. His podcast would be greatly improved by removing him from it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The last two posts have small penis energy. Lex doesnt push back at all. And he doesnt prepare at all. All his steel man bullshit is just him asking the guest to take a position opposite of theirs instead of offering such a position himself. Dude is garbage and if he didnt have such good guests, his podcasts would not be worth a fuck. His podcast would be greatly improved by removing him from it.
Not everything is an argument or a debate. Took me a long time to learn this as well. When/if you actually grow up from being an internet troll, you realize that being in attack mode all the time contributes very little in many circumstances. There's certainly times and places for that kind of thing, but not everything has to be that kind of thing.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Not everything is an argument or a debate. Took me a long time to learn this as well. When/if you actually grow up from being an internet troll, you realize that being in attack mode all the time contributes very little in many circumstances. There's certainly times and places for that kind of thing, but not everything has to be that kind of thing.
Blah blah stawman blah blah. Those posters here that think you are a man are very wrong.