Lies of P (Souls-like)

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Best Buy didn't have this, despite it being release date and having a preorder. They didn't even seem to know what it was. Same thing happened with Armored Core 6. Pretty incompetent store. Ended up changing it to home delivery, which says Friday (if I'm lucky).

Seananigans Seananigans I've got Sekiro planned before the end of the year, once I knock out the other things I was working on (and this, I guess). Gonna focus entirely on that one thing cause that's the only way I'll do well with it. So yeah my Christmas is probably gonna be a week or two of Sekiro death.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Best Buy didn't have this, despite it being release date and having a preorder. They didn't even seem to know what it was. Same thing happened with Armored Core 6. Pretty incompetent store. Ended up changing it to home delivery, which says Friday (if I'm lucky).

Seananigans Seananigans I've got Sekiro planned before the end of the year, once I knock out the other things I was working on (and this, I guess). Gonna focus entirely on that one thing cause that's the only way I'll do well with it. So yeah my Christmas is probably gonna be a week or two of Sekiro death.

Godspeed sir! It’s a pretty sweet game but it’ll take a bit to rewire your brain for it.

• 1Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
This game is pretty cool, especially since it's on PC gamepass! Pinocchio Chalemet

spronk

FPS noob
i've been playing on PC and enjoying it a lot, 4 chapters/bosses done so far and it feels like a mix of Bioshock and baby Bloodborne. Its not hard but the bosses can be annoying. The lore is very minimal but there are some fun side quests. Game does feel built to encourage NG+ since there are lots of binary choices and items that look like you can only get 1 per run (turn over boss drop for item).

Its a real nice break from games that feel a bit overwhelming like Baldurs Gate or Starfield. Helps a lot its free on gamepass, the first half of the year was pretty lame GP wise (lol Redfall) but second half is really strong so far.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
This is really really good. Lot of Bioshock vibe in this.

I like how it gives you a choice of 3 weapons at the outside (...like Bloodborne) and I chose the fast one since people kept mentioning dodging in and out being the play.

The main issue so far was figuring out whether to play on quality or performance (on PS5). Quality has great light effects/reflections and better detail, but it drops to like freaking 20 FPS. Performance is actually TOO fast, like I wouldn't be surprised if it was 120 FPS. But wait! If you choose quality and then enable "high frame mode" (which is disabled by default) it gives you this really nice middle-ground where you have the visuals of quality mode but not the terrible FPS. Gonna guess quality+high frame = about 50+ FPS.

I could be wrong, though, I really can't tell for sure what numbers this is putting out. Regardless, quality+high frame seems to be the best option and I'm surprised it isn't the default quality mode since it doesn't seem to lose any visual quality. Some people will probably choose quality mode and not notice the separate "high frame" thing and end up suffering with terrible FPS for nothing.

The game itself is fantastic and the quality/production values ooze from it.

nu_11

Sekiro has made me a parry god

Miss me with that dodging and shit

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Sekiro has made me a parry god

Miss me with that dodging and shit

I've found myself parrying (or trying to) way more than I've been dodging. I think they heavily de-emphasized dodging in this by making it kinda suck, low iframes.

Coming off of Wo Long where parrying is the way to go, I'm pretty into parries now where I wasn't before. Wo Long (and maybe this) is good preparation for Sekiro.

This is weird: My option to level up at lamps seems to have disappeared, there's just a storage option now. Hopefully not a glitch. Happened after the first big boss.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
You max out at like level 20 until you get to the hotel and talk to the blue lady.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
You max out at like level 20 until you get to the hotel and talk to the blue lady.

Yeah it's pretty stupid that you have to go to her every time to level up. Not sure why they went with that or the whole tree cube thing which just adds mindless tedium to it all

• 1Truth!

Bloodrocuted

Trakanon Raider
Yeah it's pretty stupid that you have to go to her every time to level up. Not sure why they went with that or the whole tree cube thing which just adds mindless tedium to it all
The option to level at lantern will reappear at some point, I can't remember exactly when...mid-game I think. Unfortunately you still have to run to the tree to collect that shit.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Whoa, so they control how much you can level to keep people from overleveling?

Sounds like it's more like they just added a tedious aspect to it that doesn't actually stop overleveling.

Haven't seen any blue lady but I think the hotel might be the next area.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>

Sounds like it's more like they just added a tedious aspect to it that doesn't actually stop overleveling.

Its just that first area as far as I know.

Skeezer

Molten Core Raider
It’s a max for the demo most likely. You can over level after that. It’s the only way I beat bosses unfortunately. #oldmanreflexes

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

The preventing from over leveling isn't much of a concern since it's only super early in the game and if you're grinding out levels at point then it's definitely a git gud issue.

You do get an item that teleports you directly to the hotel (or stargazer/bonfire) with unlimited uses and no penalty, which is negates it somewhat but it's still multiple loading screens for no good reason

Blueweed

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
A fully upgraded puppet string suddenly turns this into monster hunter and makes any boss easier to KO. Especially fun with big slow weapons.

Last edited:

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
A couple bosses in, still rocking with the starter dexterity epee type sword. Only a few deaths. Haven't had to stop and grind levels to get over any particular humps, it's been straightforward. Beat the first major boss in one try and I can't remember that ever happening in a Soulsborne game before (prolly Phalanx in DeSR). Wish dodging was better but it's alright. Environments in the first few areas are tremendous, real Bioshock feeling and the pouring rain and everything adds so much mood. Give this game high marks for sure and I'm jaded.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
New patch is out on Steam, not sure when others will be updated.

liesofp1.png
liesofp2.png

• 1Like