Lies of P (Souls-like)

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
I use a DS controller. Anyone know if it is possible to get the Playstation UI gamepass? To get my DS to even register on gamepass I need to use DS4windows, which sets it as an xbox controller. I assumed it was MS not wanting a competitor to be easily used, but maybe there is a way?

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
PC Gamepass is still on 1.1.2

I just beat Fallen Archbishop Andreus. Was not too bad. His attacks are very telegraphed. Only issue was how big his model is. Shame he's nerfed...
He wasn't too horrible but I can't stand massive enemies in these games - for some reason I struggle with them the most and can't really find the cadence or spatial recognition to breeze through them.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Managed to beat this before gamepass updates to the nerf patch, so happy about that.

Thrown items and the different status effects can really help on boss fights. Also, the maxed out puppet string arm is amazing.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I use a DS controller. Anyone know if it is possible to get the Playstation UI gamepass? To get my DS to even register on gamepass I need to use DS4windows, which sets it as an xbox controller. I assumed it was MS not wanting a competitor to be easily used, but maybe there is a way?
The patch notes say they added support for the DS controller but they seemingly haven’t released the patch for the game pass version of the game?

Vuuxo

Karen
<Gold Donor>
My only complaint about this game is that it was too easy. Then they go and nerf bosses? They needed ramp up the difficulty not dumb it down.

• 1Edgelord
Reactions: 1 user

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
My only complaint about this game is that it was too easy. Then they go and nerf bosses? They needed ramp up the difficulty not dumb it down.

Depends on if you use the summon or not. Watchman was insane solo, but a cake walk if you summoned a specter. So i could see tuning something like him down, but then they also buffed specters so no idea wtf that's about

nu_11

Depends on if you use the summon or not. Watchman was insane solo, but a cake walk if you summoned a specter. So i could see tuning something like him down, but then they also buffed specters so no idea wtf that's about
Summoning is the easy mode. Instead of using a game menu you're using a game mechanic (which its intended purpose is to make boss fights easier). A nerf is just game wide change

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Damn, kind of unfortunate this got nerfed. From what it sounded like the only thing that really needed to be nerfed was probably that one knight lady boss that kills everyone like 10 times, has some nearly un-dodgeable attacks, and isn't optional. Everyone complains about that one.

Well I'm gonna give this a whirl, too bad it'll be post-nerf version.

What they really needed to do was just expand the parry window.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Damn, kind of unfortunate this got nerfed. From what it sounded like the only thing that really needed to be nerfed was probably that one knight lady boss that kills everyone like 10 times, has some nearly un-dodgeable attacks, and isn't optional. Everyone complains about that one.

Well I'm gonna give this a whirl, too bad it'll be post-nerf version.

What they really needed to do was just expand the parry window.

She's a cunt for sure, but not where she needed to be nerfed.

The lowering amulet weight is pretty huge though. There are some really nice amulets, but when they weigh 20lbs you have to pump a shit load of points into capacity or just go around with the weakest gear possible.

The amulet that lets you dodge on "low stamina" lets you dodge even if you're completely out, and the one that lets you dodge the fury attacks makes it a lot easier to play like a standard souls game

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
While they're nerfs, they're pretty warranted nerfs.

The trash mob nerfs to hp, stagger, etc are reasonable. They'll improve gameplay even if it seems like they make things a little easier. There's some trash out there that are just damage sponges and it makes absolutely no sense for them to have some much health. Its nuts.

Weight improvements are definitely nice, since before you needed ridiculous capacity to wear most gear. You could get new defensive upgrades, but then that put you over weight. That's on top of the fact that you couldn't carry a second weapon because it counts too.

The boss nerfs are fine as well, King of Puppets and Archbishop don't need that much hp, especially since they have 2 phases and the second one of each is a bigger deal. Manus probably needed some damage nerfs considering his first phase is pretty much him swinging constantly. Even wearing some of the highest physical defense and guarding didn't feel enough.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
She's a cunt for sure, but not where she needed to be nerfed.

The lowering amulet weight is pretty huge though. There are some really nice amulets, but when they weigh 20lbs you have to pump a shit load of points into capacity or just go around with the weakest gear possible.

The amulet that lets you dodge on "low stamina" lets you dodge even if you're completely out, and the one that lets you dodge the fury attacks makes it a lot easier to play like a standard souls game

I'm blasting this game pretty hard today. Yeah, weight is a huge problem compared to other Souls games. I'm constantly hovering at like 58-61% weight and having to drop points in Capacity to bring it back below 60. Never had to focus so much on increasing weight limit in any Souls games.

Did some research and I'm thinking low stamina dodge amulet + dodge fury attacks amulet + the +15% attack for 5 seconds if you're continuously attacking amulet. It looks like the skill system (quartzes) has an option for a third amulet slot. Probably a fourth later if it's emulating Elden Ring (or was it Demon Souls that did that IDK).

Conqueror's Amulet also looks really good for Sekiro veterans who stand and parry, but for the above build I'll focus on dodging rather than parrying. Maybe put that on if there's a 4th slot.

For weapons I like the fire axe, then later the Two Dragon Sword. Cool thing is one is a normal weapon and one is a special weapon so different upgrade mats. I can upgrade the axe blade as much as I want without losing any ground on upgrading the TD Sword later when I get that.

While they're nerfs, they're pretty warranted nerfs.

The trash mob nerfs to hp, stagger, etc are reasonable. They'll improve gameplay even if it seems like they make things a little easier. There's some trash out there that are just damage sponges and it makes absolutely no sense for them to have some much health. Its nuts.

Now that I look at the nerfs more, yeah, they're probably alright. The trash mobs are way less time-consuming than the first time I played the game and it's moving at a good clip.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I'm blasting this game pretty hard today. Yeah, weight is a huge problem compared to other Souls games. I'm constantly hovering at like 58-61% weight and having to drop points in Capacity to bring it back below 60. Never had to focus so much on increasing weight limit in any Souls games.

Did some research and I'm thinking low stamina dodge amulet + dodge fury attacks amulet + the +15% attack for 5 seconds if you're continuously attacking amulet. It looks like the skill system (quartzes) has an option for a third amulet slot. Probably a fourth later if it's emulating Elden Ring (or was it Demon Souls that did that IDK).

Conqueror's Amulet also looks really good for Sekiro veterans who stand and parry, but for the above build I'll focus on dodging rather than parrying. Maybe put that on if there's a 4th slot.

For weapons I like the fire axe, then later the Two Dragon Sword. Cool thing is one is a normal weapon and one is a special weapon so different upgrade mats. I can upgrade the axe blade as much as I want without losing any ground on upgrading the TD Sword later when I get that.

Now that I look at the nerfs more, yeah, they're probably alright. The trash mobs are way less time-consuming than the first time I played the game and it's moving at a good clip.

Im digging the puppet scythe thing, and the umbrella for lols.

Game is pretty damn solid. Poison swamp level is up next.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I just beat Andreus, the giant freakish Gaping Dragon type thing. Trying to decide if I want the Trident or the heal amulet. Both look REALLY good. Trident is the best weapon according to some. Think I'll just stick with the axe until I get the Two Dragon Sword though. Hopefully that isn't much longer. If it is maybe I'll get the Trident in the meantime. Would rather get the amulet.

3 major complaints:

Having to level Capacity so much just to keep up with the exorbitant weights of accessories and bracers is obnoxious. I had to take like 8 levels away from leveling HP and Dex to focus on Capacity just to use ONE new amulet (infinite rolling), much less more than one.

Having to go back to the guy in the chapel every time I use the one regen charge on the cube is pretty annoying.

The parry window is way too narrow. Is it this narrow in Sekiro? I don't remember it being this narrow in Bloodborne or any Souls game. I'm not bad at all at parrying in these games when I actually do it, but here trying to parry just gets me whacked 75% of the time. I'm much more likely to just dodge out of the way as best I can.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
20230930_194034.jpg

Anyone know roughly how far along this is? Level 50 could pretty much mean anything in one of these games. I think I was like level 175 or something at the end of ER.

I'm in the place that looks like Hemwick Charnel Lane, after leaving the chapel area.

Noticed the game does that thing Bloodborne does where the sun gets lower as you make story progress. Well, at the beginning it's dark, then the sun's out, then the sun sets, now it's dark again.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I just beat Andreus, the giant freakish Gaping Dragon type thing. Trying to decide if I want the Trident or the heal amulet. Both look REALLY good. Trident is the best weapon according to some. Think I'll just stick with the axe until I get the Two Dragon Sword though. Hopefully that isn't much longer. If it is maybe I'll get the Trident in the meantime. Would rather get the amulet.

3 major complaints:

Having to level Capacity so much just to keep up with the exorbitant weights of accessories and bracers is obnoxious. I had to take like 8 levels away from leveling HP and Dex to focus on Capacity just to use ONE new amulet (infinite rolling), much less more than one.

Having to go back to the guy in the chapel every time I use the one regen charge on the cube is pretty annoying.

The parry window is way too narrow. Is it this narrow in Sekiro? I don't remember it being this narrow in Bloodborne or any Souls game. I'm not bad at all at parrying in these games when I actually do it, but here trying to parry just gets me whacked 75% of the time. I'm much more likely to just dodge out of the way as best I can.

You can buy multiple cube wish stone things and they’ll restock the cube from your storage, so you don’t have to go back constantly (still gotta farm coins tho).

Parry window is fairly tight, I wouldn’t say it’s tighter than Sekiro but in Sekiro you can sorta spam the parry button and do ok, albeit not get perfect parries. I think Sekiro has a grey scale parry window.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
View attachment 493017
Anyone know roughly how far along this is? Level 50 could pretty much mean anything in one of these games. I think I was like level 175 or something at the end of ER.

I'm in the place that looks like Hemwick Charnel Lane, after leaving the chapel area.

Noticed the game does that thing Bloodborne does where the sun gets lower as you make story progress. Well, at the beginning it's dark, then the sun's out, then the sun sets, now it's dark again.

I think I ended at level 90. Never did any farming.

Also mostly said fuck the cube. The things it gives really isn't worth the running back and forth.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I think I ended at level 90. Never did any farming.

Also mostly said fuck the cube. The things it gives really isn't worth the running back and forth.

Yeah I'm also leaning "fuck the cube".

Didn't do any farming so far.

Andreus was a bitch and a half compared to previous bosses. First one with a second form, and it seemed like I was a split second too late parrying literally everything he did. Eked out a win with like 10% health left and no heals. Game is finally getting serious

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Having to do so much Capacity leveling. 2 of my 3 amulets are special amulets (extra heal charges, infinite dodge rolls) and that would put me into Heavy status if I weren't pumping Capacity. By the time I get consistently under 60% I'll probably have a third special amulet equipped (looking for the "+attack from repeat strikes" one) and need like 6 more levels of Capacity for that.

It's now my second-highest stat besides Technique. HP is in third place. Basically a stat that I wasn't interested in (I err towards light armor and a quick character) has been dominating my level-ups. Even before the heavy amulets started showing up, I was barely staying ahead of my equipment weight. Add the special amulets on and the weight goes through the roof.

Having weight be such a problem wasn't the best choice, and hampers the game quite a bit. I think it's supposed to force the player to weigh (so to speak) the pros and cons of different items and have tradeoffs.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Having to do so much Capacity leveling. 2 of my 3 amulets are special amulets (extra heal charges, infinite dodge rolls) and that would put me into Heavy status if I weren't pumping Capacity. By the time I get consistently under 60% I'll probably have a third special amulet equipped (looking for the "+attack from repeat strikes" one) and need like 6 more levels of Capacity for that.

It's now my second-highest stat besides Technique. HP is in third place. Basically a stat that I wasn't interested in (I err towards light armor and a quick character) has been dominating my level-ups. Even before the heavy amulets started showing up, I was barely staying ahead of my equipment weight. Add the special amulets on and the weight goes through the roof.

Having weight be such a problem wasn't the best choice, and hampers the game quite a bit. I think it's supposed to force the player to weigh (so to speak) the pros and cons of different items and have tradeoffs.

You really don't need to be below 60%, I'm doing just fine at 79%. 80% is where you get fat roll, below that everything is just fine.

Bloodrocuted

Trakanon Raider
Still enjoying this, on NG+++ now using the giant club boss weapon (Noblesse Oblige) which is slow as hell but fun. I definitely recommend a run with the Nameless Puppet Proof of Humanity-strong balanced scaling and it crits, giant scissors. New P organ upgrades have appeared at each NG, kind of cool