Life extension- let’s play EQ1 and keep socking into 2100

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Supplement can be nice here and there, but taking a dozens pills daily, I doubt it's going to do anywhere near as good as adapting your food.
Supplements are easier though, and that's worth something. While I agree that the right amount of the right foods will always be better, that's making perfect the enemy of good. The real question should be, "all else being equal, is taking this beneficial?"

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
The adage about moderation is something to keep in mind, and that that can mean different things for different people. There are healthy/tolerated/? levels for most things. Especially provided you’re covering your overall dietary, exercise, sleep, etc bases.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gurgeh

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Supplements are easier though, and that's worth something. While I agree that the right amount of the right foods will always be better, that's making perfect the enemy of good. The real question should be, "all else being equal, is taking this beneficial?"
Well this thread is about living to 100, it seems, you aren't likely to achieve that by eating frozen pizza and trying to compensate with pills.

It does take some effort though, you're right. While 100 years ago it would have been difficult to buy shitty food and to not get the proper amount of exercice,

Any list of 'stuff to do to live longer and in better health should start with:
1) stop eating all the time.
2) stop sitting on your ass all the time.
3) eat stuff that your ancestors would have recognized as food.
4) get a lot of direct and indirect sun exposure.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
Got this tech for health at the office:

I am walking like 2 hours per day while I’m working been nice

• 2Like

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Got to look at multi decadal aging models and make sure your vo2max and muscle mass allow you to do self care activities or make enough for proper assistance.

the 4 horsemen of modern medicine are:
Neurodegenerative disease
- grip strength, working, sleep, ldl cholesterol and general metabolic health
Heart failure / vascular
- don’t be a fatty/ take statins?
Diabetes
-don’t be a fatty
Cancer
- grail blood test and early detection is your best shot. I plan to do 2x grail cancer blood tests a year

Izo Izo they can detect cancer via blood test now?

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
That guy is a delusional nut job and looks like a vampire cancer patient and is wasting 2 million a year to do it. He thinks the sun should be avoided at all costs which is absolute nonsense. The sun is literally one of the most powerful tools for health.

The problem with the sun is that people spend too much time in it without first acclimating their skin to it and putting sun block on. Most sun blocks are legit poison, like anything from banana boat or other mainstream brands. Only thing I ever use is argan oil. When it starts getting nice out ill go outside in the sun for like 10 or so minutes several times and slowly build up a tan. This way you can stay outside longer and longer and not only not damage your skin but reap the powerful benefits of the sun.
Neutrogena ultra sheer is working great for me. Use it all the time outside workin the ole farm.

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
  1. Don't drink or smoke in order to help prevent cell and organ failure.
  2. Take probiotic pills to keep your gut biome in good order. Yeasts and mold can build up in your intestine from alcohol and processed breaded foods, overwhelming your immune system, which can also make you feel sick or like shit.
  3. Drink Rooibos tea (caffeine free, powerful antioxidants, helps digestion).
  4. Take EGCG (Green tea extract) for anti-cancer properties.
  5. Minimize caffeine as it causes your body to release stress hormones and that can age you and cause you to retain more fat from cortisol.
  6. Run or jog for 5 minutes a week to keep your cardiovascular system in a minimum healthy state. Quick stress relief too.
  7. Weighted hip thrusts and kettlebell deadlifts to keep your core, glutes, hips, and hams strong, especially if you sit down all day. More power for the plower.
I do all of these, and more.
What Rooibos tea do you recommend? Any specific brand? Is drinking green tea a fine alternative to taking extract?

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Taking a pill of caffeine will increase your cortisol level. Green tea is a proven adaptogen, lowering cortisol level. It's precisely what I'm talking about, by trying to pick and choose nutriments from whole food you usually end up in a bad place.

Caffeine is bad, ecgc is bad. But packed in tea, they protect both your liver and adrenals.

Supplements have their place, but not as something you do 365 days a year.
How about coffee? Gurgs you’re French… thoughts on that?

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
What Rooibos tea do you recommend? Any specific brand? Is drinking green tea a fine alternative to taking extract?

Numi makes a good Rooibos/Cinammon blend, on Amazon you can get up to 100 bags per shipment.

Drinking matcha green tea works. I used to buy giant bags of it and just add honey or sugar to it to sweeten up since it tastes really leafy/earthy on its own.

Yerba Mate is another good one.

All three net you unique benefits, I just stay away from drinking most because my body has been blown out from years of caffeine overload from pre-workouts.

Gurgeh

Got this tech for health at the office:

I am walking like 2 hours per day while I’m working been nice
It's nice, and definitely a lot better than sitting all day long (basicaly, sitting 8+ hours a day is as bad for your health as smoking... Still, it's even better if you can manage to walk 1 hour a day outdoor in the wild, to get the various other benefit associated to it.

Gurgeh

How about coffee? Gurgs you’re French… thoughts on that?
I drink mostly coffee, sometimes I'll go a few months without coffee, sometimes I'll go green tea. Pretty sure green tea is a bit better for the health, and I do find myself having more energy when drinking green tea. But I don't like tea nearly as much as coffee... Pretty much every single study ever made on coffee point to it decreasing all cause mortality. I believe there are 2 mechanisms :
1) it's rich in anti-oxydant, it shouldn't matter much for people with a good diet, but they found that for the average American, the 2 cups of coffee make up for most of the antixoydant in their diet... again, if you're consuming actual food, especialy fruits, it shouldn't matter nearly as much.
2) You've got more energy, pushing people into more physical activities, as noted on my previous post, the more you sit, the faster you die.

If you drink coffee everyday, the cortisol spike will be significantly lesser, if that's your issue. You can drink say 2 coffee per day, because you like it, then on the odd day you need an energy boost, get 6 or so.

That said, when I don't feel great or sick, and need a boost in mood or energy, I'll get green tea in the morning and light or decaffeinated or no coffee at noon, it's definitely better for me. If you believe you have adrenal fatigue, you should definitely go the green tea route, and avoid coffee for a while.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Neutrogena ultra sheer is working great for me. Use it all the time outside workin the ole farm.
1712855493441.png

1712855516730.png

Can't trust em.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
  1. Face cream, this is pretty economical source of hyaluronic acid and retinol
    Code:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0B9Q2Y3MB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  2. Being very disciplined about sunscreen usage

Skin care regime you say?

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Elevate your game:

Tretinoin to even out face lines & acne (better than retinol). Usually comes in strength of .025, .05, and .1. I recommend starting with .025 to test the reaction to your skin. It will make you peel at first, but it's basically chemical exfoliation to give you a new face.
I apply it two nights a week followed by face moisturizer and yes it has done a great job at helping shrink pores and deal with lines.

Get a online prescription and tretinoin from this site:

Or order it for cheap and no prescription:

I use this for my face and body moisturizer (not greasy):

Bioderma - Atoderm Intensive Gel-Crème - Body Lotion - Soothing and Moisturizing Body Cream for Sensitive Dry Very Dry to Atopic Skin
Amazon.com

Last edited:
  • 1Edgelord
  • 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Elevate your game:

Tretinoin to even out face lines & acne (better than retinol). Usually comes in strength of .025, .05, and .1. I recommend starting with .025 to test the reaction to your skin. It will make you peel at first, but it's basically chemical exfoliation to give you a new face.
I apply it two nights a week followed by face moisturizer and yes it has done a great job at helping shrink pores and deal with lines.

Get a online prescription and tretinoin from this site:

Or order it for cheap and no prescription:

I use this for my face and body moisturizer (not greasy):

Bioderma - Atoderm Intensive Gel-Crème - Body Lotion - Soothing and Moisturizing Body Cream for Sensitive Dry Very Dry to Atopic Skin
Amazon.com

Quel surprise that you aren't into the dead sea minerals.

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
You gonna run SK on the new server? Not sure we've ever actually played at the same time outside of maybe a launch or two.
Yes. I’m not sure how long or serious I will be playing due to real life commitments.