Light No Fire - Hello Games

Brikker

Trump's Staff
This game looks great but, just as I did with NMS, I'll buy it some time after release.

I'm just now playing NMS and it's a fantastic game with a ton of stuff in it (now).

They're saying this new one is a seamless world the size of earth. We'll see!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

Realistically with this game you're going to notice repeated content eventually once the novelty wears off: Repeated POI, different biomes being the "same" after a while with slight cosmetic differences, certain animal types looking sort of samey after a bit. Just like NMS.

I am curious how multiplayer will function - one "issue" with NMS is player activity sometimes resets. So like if a player digs a tunnel and builds a base, and another player comes along, sometimes the tunnel looks filled in and as such the base gets buried under dirt. I do wonder how persistent environmental changes like building and what not become. Maybe they'll have it based on a timer - like if you don't log in for a bit, your buildings will poof from the world (or at least from other players).

From that trailer, I also noticed it seems to have boats, so I wonder how big ocean content is going to be (like actual oceans)

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I'll probably buy this day one. Looks cool, and this company has earned a $$$ vote of confidence more than any other I can think of.

I'll wait for a deal on just about any other game, but I like tossing some extra shekels towards people that earn it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Realistically with this game you're going to notice repeated content eventually once the novelty wears off: Repeated POI, different biomes being the "same" after a while with slight cosmetic differences, certain animal types looking sort of samey after a bit. Just like NMS.

I am curious how multiplayer will function - one "issue" with NMS is player activity sometimes resets. So like if a player digs a tunnel and builds a base, and another player comes along, sometimes the tunnel looks filled in and as such the base gets buried under dirt. I do wonder how persistent environmental changes like building and what not become. Maybe they'll have it based on a timer - like if you don't log in for a bit, your buildings will poof from the world (or at least from other players).

From that trailer, I also noticed it seems to have boats, so I wonder how big ocean content is going to be (like actual oceans)
I keep looking for more info on the boat stuff. The reviews are all the same shit being talked about over and over and over.

If you get it when it comes out, message me and Ill link up with you.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I hope these people are paying attention to Palworld. While that game doesn't interest me, a ton of what they're doing could be combined with what Hello Games already does well.

• 1Like

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I hope these people are paying attention to Palworld. While that game doesn't interest me, a ton of what they're doing could be combined with what Hello Games already does well.
What do they do well? Their game is just a meaningless sandbox with rng isn't it?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
What do they do well? Their game is just a meaningless sandbox with rng isn't it?
They're all meaningless lol.

They're fucking video games.

jfc.

Anyway, No Man's Sky is really good if you never played it after it got good.

• 1Like
  • 1EyeRoll

Palum

what Suineg set it to

jfc.

Oh good point, just like art and science.

• 1Worf

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>

jfc.

I think you're the most unlikable likable person I've ever encountered.

• 2Worf

nevergone

Low IQ Vegan Pacifist
<Gold Donor>
It's an immediate purchase for me.
Even though NMS had a rough launch, I enjoyed it even during those times.

I can tolerate bugs, unfinished content, and hitting walls against what hasn't been developed yet if I know the developers are committed to improving things.

The experience in NMS was similar to the game Journey, except set in a sandbox the size of a simulated universe. I'm totally on board with the newest iteration and anyone who wants to shit on my hype can suck my dong.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I'm totally on board with the newest iteration and anyone who wants to shit on my hype can suck my dong.

Well, FOH wasn't my personal erotica site before, but it is now!

This'll be a day one buy for me. I bought NMS for like 5$, and have gotten 20x that value just dicking around in the PSVR2 upgraded version. The devs even took the time to tweak it for performance enhancements specific to that platform (eye tracking + foveated rendering, etc)

Elidroth

Trakanon Raider
Yea they successfully defrauded all the customers from their first purchase so we should have no worries, the key word there is success!

Except NMS is a great game now. Overhyped at release for sure, but it's a the best space/exploration/sim there is right now IMO.

Elidroth

Trakanon Raider
There's also rumors that this and NMS will connect, with NMS being the Macro-Game, and LNF being the detailed world. It could just be wishful thinking, but if not, and they actually pull it off, it would be insanely interesting.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
There's also rumors that this and NMS will connect, with NMS being the Macro-Game, and LNF being the detailed world. It could just be wishful thinking, but if not, and they actually pull it off, it would be insanely interesting.
Strong doubt the two games will actually connect, but LNF tech might end up in NMS at some point to make the individual worlds more interesting.

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
The way Hello games has been going it would not surprise me in the least if they ended up linking the two in such a way that one explorer could do it all...that would be the realization of the original vision of NMS anyway.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The way Hello games has been going it would not surprise me in the least if they ended up linking the two in such a way that one explorer could do it all...that would be the realization of the original vision of NMS anyway.
Planets and space are already linked in NMS. It's just that the planets aren't super interesting.

If NMS is missing one thing, it's creating dynamically generated content that's actually fun. Not just the same ruin or wreck that you've seen a dozen times.

• 1Like