...like clockwork. Queens of the stone age.

Sceleris_sl

shitlord
New album out in june. First song "my god is the sun" was played on lollapalooza brazil. I am fucking hyped about it. That song sounds great! And a mix between songs for the deaf and lullabies to paralyze.

Joey castillo plays a few songs on the album, the rest is with Dave Grohl on drums. Further guests are, and it's quite a list....

Alain Johannes
Nick Olivieri
Mark Lanegan
Trent Reznor
Elton John(wtf)
Alex Turner from the arctic monkeys
Jake Shears of the scissor sisters
Jon Theodore of the Mars Volta, who apparently is going on tour with the queens.

I am very much looking forward to it, expecially how ginger elvis is going to mix elton john with the Qotsa sound.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Awesome! Always been a big fan of QotSA, and pretty pumped to see the guest lineup they've got working with them. When fucker's like Reznor and Elton John guest start on your album, you know you're doing something right. Thanks for the update. duder.... +1

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Jon Theodore is also the drummer for One Day as a Lion. Very excited about this album. Josh Homme does no wrong. Bought the early bird tickets for Outside Lands and I'm really hoping they end up being a headliner.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Nice. Songs for the Deaf is always pretty high on my playlist rotation.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Don't get me wrong, I like the song well enough, it's a good QOTSA song. But it strikes me as being one of their weaker singles. At least in terms of being catchy and infectious. I just can't see this getting nearly as much radio play as something like Little Sister.

Regardless, I'm looking forward to the album. QOTSA and Them Crooked Vultures have put out some of my favorite releases of the past 10 years.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Always been a one album band for me. Not that the rest of their material is shit, but Songs for the Deaf is just head and shoulders above Rated R and Lullabies to Paralyze. I also am a huge fan of Kyuss, and QOTSA simply don't match up in my opinion to Kyuss.

I do like the inclusion of Grohl though, I feel he was a big part of what made SftD successful. Definitely checking this out.

P.S. You Think I Ain't Worth A Dollar, But I Feel Like A Millionaire is just fucking amazing, from the riff, to the screams, to the distortion, it's just fuckin perfect.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
El Vulgaris was pretty good, but yeah Songs for the Deaf just crushed every other album in the genre, let alone what QotsA themselves put out.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
huh. Personally I prefer Lullabies to Paralyze and Era Vulgaris. Songs for the Deaf was really good, but there was a handful of songs that just didn't do much for me whereas the other two I mention were pretty solid right through.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Rated R is my favorite QotSA album. The only one that I think isn't very good is the first one.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
I enjoyed the shit out of the self titled. Songs for the Deaf is definitely the best by far, but I've pretty much liked everything they put out except Era Vulgaris. Kyuss was also badass.

Pontius_sl

shitlord
Preordered the deluxe lp, bring it. Big fan, like all the albums, sure some songs are weaker but still like'em and 6 years has been a long wait. New song rocks although i miss abit more punch in the fuzz/sound from the guitar. Having Jon theodor on board makes me happy since i loved him in mars volta.

Don't know what to expect of sir Elton on the album though :p but imo Josh can't do any wrong, so hopefully something awesome.

sl4ck3r_sl

shitlord
Jon Theodore is also the drummer for One Day as a Lion. Very excited about this album. Josh Homme does no wrong. Bought the early bird tickets for Outside Lands and I'm really hoping they end up being a headliner.
Also, the drummer for The Mars Volta on Deloused, Frances the Mute and Amputechture. Thought he looked familiar in that video.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Cool song, cool video. Hoping for a solid tour after this album's release.

I'm a huge QOTSA fan, there isn't one album from them that I don't enjoy. Very heavily looking forward to this, and also hoping that after a tour for the album that some work can be put towards a second Them Crooked Vultures album.

Sceleris_sl

shitlord
I don't know if it's just me, but in i appear missing, there is a Huge Them Crooked Vultures vibe....homme definitely broadened his horizon playing with Grohl and JPJ. Wich i definitely don't mind

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
"Calling all comas, prisoner on the loose. Description: the spitting image of me except for the heart shape hole where the hope runs out."

Awesome.

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
Jon Theodore as their touring drummer and appearing on the album has me quite excited